test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What to do with Glory Points *now*

bostishbostish Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Well, if your already geared. Purchased the few pots you would want.. What to do now with the points?

Mulling over an idea though, 50k glory you can purchase an armor upgrade. like increase chest by 25 points of a random stat?
Post edited by bostish on

Comments

• Options
    bstbybstby Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Well, at least we can still sell gear/companion on AH. For a few AD, lol.

edit: And the prices will drop with lightspeed now, as people will be undercutting, while no one wants pvp gear.
    Ranger.jpg
  • Options
    down2onedown2one Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 36
    edited August 2013
    until next patch when its bound
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    down2one wrote: »
    until next patch when its bound

Yep. Then it's bye-bye pvp - unless you play it solely for "fun" (2 bg's and 1 game mode is mad funny, yes).
    Ranger.jpg
  • Options
    fallout1111fallout1111 Member Posts: 71
    edited August 2013
    It is now useless, PVP will be "for fun" only. Expect fewer players and longer queue times.
  • Options
    rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Nothing. They need to add some more items because as it is now there's no incentive. I'm not even sure PvP gear is worth it since you can find cheap alternatives on the AH.

It's awesome how they seem to keep killing PvP yet keep nerfing classes due to PvP.
  • Options
    down2onedown2one Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 36
    edited August 2013
    there will be no fun it will be GWFs thousands of them with titan set and regen rings with GF's making you prone. TRs that don't have perfect vorpal wont be playing because this is a F2P game and AD wise its just cheaper to go with the faceroll classes like GF and GWF.
  • Options
    bostishbostish Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    rapticor wrote: »
    Nothing. They need to add some more items because as it is now there's no incentive. I'm not even sure PvP gear is worth it since you can find cheap alternatives on the AH.

It's awesome how they seem to keep killing PvP yet keep nerfing classes due to PvP.

The irony in this reply made me smile, thank you :)
  • Options
    chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited August 2013
    I use it to buy pvp pots @_@
  • Options
    rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I use it to buy pvp pots @_@

For what purpose? As of today's patch you won't be able to sell them back to the vendor. And with a 2 minute cooldown you don't need to buy that many. That still leaves a plethora of Glory with absolutely zilch to spend it on.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    That still leaves a plethora of Glory with absolutely zilch to spend it on.

That's the hope of my thread, bring attention (which the devs should of already realized) and hope for something. Other than saying my glory is more than yours :D
  • Options
    imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Maybe add some vanity outfits that cost a fair amount of glory? companions? 80% mounts or even super expensive 110% mounts? I know many players are crying out for some ways to look like unique individuals .
  • Options
    swift231swift231 Member Posts: 39
    edited August 2013

This is exactly how I feel, and as someone mentioned earlier, one game mode and two maps, is laughable. No new pvp updates for supposedly a year? It honestly doesn't take that much time to make maps, or add new gamemodes.

Selling my glory was one of the few things that made me want to pvp, especially since I already have all the pvp titles and there are no stats.
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    We need the scavenger they were willing to add a few weeks ago - the guy giving you some rough ADs for epic gear. It was on the preview shard but never made it to the live one.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    diogene0 wrote: »
    We need the scavenger they were willing to add a few weeks ago - the guy giving you some rough ADs for epic gear. It was on the preview shard but never made it to the live one.

Let's say the reason to remove the ability to vendor glory items is to stop botters from farming gold from glory. Now the botters will be farming AD instead (whether it is selling glory gear on AH or scavenging it). Problem with bots solved? - no. Make legit players suffer? - seems like a firm "yes" to me.
    Ranger.jpg
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    imsmithy wrote: »
    Maybe add some vanity outfits that cost a fair amount of glory? companions? 80% mounts or even super expensive 110% mounts? I know many players are crying out for some ways to look like unique individuals .

Bound to character / account cosmetic items sound like a great idea. There wouls be no incentive for RMT bots and very little for players seeing you woudl risk getting banned if you were found to be botting.
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    diogene0 wrote: »

I am pretty sure that if they do introduce a Epic Scavenger Trader then Glory items will be excluded.
  • Options
    metaplexusmetaplexus Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    And because nothing new is available for purchase, the cap will surely not get removed. Or how would you like some epic thingies, costing ~100k glory a piece, when there would be bunch of players with 300k+ glory already.
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    mconosrep wrote: »
    I am pretty sure that if they do introduce a Epic Scavenger Trader then Glory items will be excluded.

I hope you're wrong. Anything but gold/ADs/valuable consumables (like dyes, pve potions, kits) would be worthless, since at some point, we'd get all the gear and vanity items from the glory vendor.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    mconosrep wrote: »
    Bound to character / account cosmetic items sound like a great idea. There wouls be no incentive for RMT bots and very little for players seeing you woudl risk getting banned if you were found to be botting.

I can get behind this too!
  • Options
    tcarncetcarnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    i`m making a glory hole for them, so i can watch through it to them
  • Options
    t3hwh173f0xt3hwh173f0x Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    It is now useless, PVP will be "for fun" only. Expect fewer players and longer queue times.

It is a video game. What else do you do in it aside from have fun? Everything in the entire game is "for fun" only. Do you do dungeons for some kind of serious non-fun reason? Do you play this game for any purpose aside from having fun?
    This is the problem with todays generation of gamers, they aren't playing games to have fun anymore. It seems they are playing games as a form of day job in which they want the maximum farming efficiency with the least amount of fun possible. Like seriously, I can't even believe I read someone say "Now there will be an element of this video game that is only for fun, and therefore that element is useless". That doesn't make a lick of sense.

That all being said, I do agree PvP should be improved to keep the game fun. New maps are necessary and new modes like CtF or Deathmatch would be a good idea. Being rewarded for the PvP is a good idea but if you see the only purpose in playing content is to collect the rewards then I don't even understand why you are playing the game to begin with.