test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Guild Leader gone AWOL

loomyzaloomyza Member Posts: 27 Arc User
edited August 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hi Guys & NW Team

I represent a medium guild on Mindflayer server. Our Guild Leader and founder, has dissapeared and been absent from the game for over 34 days, with no way to contact him outside of the game.

At the time we were a small guild of no more than 30 members, and since our GM's been absent we've managed to recruit over 200 players and have been handling the day to day running of the guild as best we can with limited administrative permissions.

In short, I am highest ranking member in the guild, short of the Guild Master. There are a number of permissions on guild admin functionality that only the GM has. Is there any way to either have these functions enabled, or take ownership of the guild. We would like to avoid having to create a new guild and organizing a huge amount of members from various time-zones to move over.

I'm not averse to our GM coming back, but at the moment we can't even update our guild information, manage the calendar, or even maintain the bank repositories.

Is there some recourse for us in this regard, should I go ahead and submit a ticket, or is it a lost cause and we either wait it out or create a new guild. We would like to retain the name and image we have established within the mindflayer community

TL;DR Guild Leader abandoned game, with no way to contact him. Can second in command be granted full functionality of guild admin functions at the least or even take over ownership ?
Post edited by loomyza on

Comments

• mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    loomyza wrote: »

This sounds like a good idea - if a guild leader is AFK for, say, 30 days then the second-in-command can access all the administrative facilities.
  • mbllanes199mbllanes199 Member, Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 429
    edited August 2013
    I've seen before in almost all other game i played with, unless the Guild Leader otherwise file the ticket himself granting the next in-line for the owndership of his guild, then it cannot be done.

Create a new one, move all other players individually until no one is left, that is your best recourse.
  • baronvonboombaronvonboom Member Posts: 536 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    If the guild leader has been absent for 3 weeks or more than the next rank can take over via the guild roster page if I recall...
  • ladymythosladymythos Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 637 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    We had something like this in Secret World. The guild was doing great, and almost everyone was happy. The only unhappy person was the second in command. The guild leader went AWOL from time to time, so the second in command wanted to be in charge. But the guild leader didn't let him, so he quit, started his own guild and asked his former guild mates to join him. The result was some did, some didn't, and we ended up with two broken guilds where no one was happy. I ended up leaving the former guild, and to this date I haven't join a guild again in any game. There's always too much drama for my taste.
  • runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    loomyza wrote: »
    TL;DR Guild Leader abandoned game, with no way to contact him. Can second in command be granted full functionality of guild admin functions at the least or even take over ownership ?

Check out the mod comment in this thread:

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?361981-So-my-guild-leader-quit
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • loomyzaloomyza Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Appreciate your responses, and cheers runebane for that link !

I realize it is not something easily done, and even ladymythos puts that argument forward as would PW likely, so..

I got creative, couldn't google his @handle, nick, etc. So managed to coax fraghost out of forwarding details listed for his ventrillo server that went down sometime ago due to billing issues. Anyhoo , traced him to Ragnaros Online, seems he formed a guild t here and his been merrily playing that since with wifey - Got in touch via facebook :) So fingers crossed we should no get this all resolved :)

Definately a scenario to be considered though for PW, Gms and guildies alike.

@ Ladymythos: i sympathize and can relate:- for me games are my no.1 escape from RL drama, but have made many a good friend and had the best of times and most annoying of times through various games and guilds i was privledged to be part of. One such guild has spanned over three different games over a number of years, sadly they fell off the boat and are not budging from GW2, but we havnt lost touch, nor do i give up on trying to lure them over to NW :) I wish you luck and I sincerely hope that one day it just so happens you find yourself meeting up with another guild and it's a more pleasurable experience. Don't bother looking for them, in my experience the the worthy and awesome ones find you

Mozzy
    Enchiridion
    Mindflayer
  • milkbonedogmilkbonedog Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Does anyone know if we can tell how long it has been since someone logged in? I used to be able to hover over someone's name in the Guild UI and it would tell me, but that doesn't seem to work anymore. My guild leader said he was quitting but he may come back someday so he refused to promote anyone to guild leader in his absence. He has been gone for a long time now and we can't really do much with the guild. Everyone is afraid to put anything in the bank because no one really has any control over it and the MIA leader could take everything when he comes back. We have very limited removal access even though we bought the bank slots. I have been waiting for this magic button to appear for a long time now and it has not shown up. Maybe he is logging in every couple of weeks and I don't notice.
  • chaddiwickerchaddiwicker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Does anyone know if we can tell how long it has been since someone logged in? I used to be able to hover over someone's name in the Guild UI and it would tell me, but that doesn't seem to work anymore. My guild leader said he was quitting but he may come back someday so he refused to promote anyone to guild leader in his absence. He has been gone for a long time now and we can't really do much with the guild. Everyone is afraid to put anything in the bank because no one really has any control over it and the MIA leader could take everything when he comes back. We have very limited removal access even though we bought the bank slots. I have been waiting for this magic button to appear for a long time now and it has not shown up. Maybe he is logging in every couple of weeks and I don't notice.

You can check their last login date via the Gateway.
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    if your guild leader doesn't log in for 30 days, the next ranking officers will get a button in the guild UI to claim leadership. so you should already have that option. if you do not, then i would open a ticket. or if you have contacted the guild leader... whichever works.