test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

When can we expect an announcement of the final Race / Class

conundrumnsaconundrumnsa Member Posts: 704 Arc User
edited August 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Has Cryptic given any info on this? I don't scour the forums so I may have missed it.
Post edited by conundrumnsa on

Comments

• tanerastaneras Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Has Cryptic given any info on this? I don't scour the forums so I may have missed it.

No, and I don't believe the "final" race/class is anywhere in sight. There are a lot of classes and a few races planned on being available. I remember watching a "lets play" on youtube with a neverwinter developer, and the host of the video made a comment about neverwinter not including "pet classes" because companions exist for all players and the neverwinter developer made a comment about how they're tinkering with the idea of several pet classes.

I've also heard that people have looked at some of the game files and have said that warlock and ranger are likely the next two classes to be introduced. No telling which will be first, but those seem likely to be the next 2. No clue on races, I also heard that drow will eventually be available. No telling who else.
  • conundrumnsaconundrumnsa Member Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ummm Drow are part of HotN pack :)
  • deggon0601deggon0601 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ummm Drow are part of HotN pack :)

That skin of the Drow is for HotN, 60 days after open beta starts is when everyone can make the regular Drow

http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Drow
  • starkaosstarkaos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It will be years before we see the final race and final class. New races and classes allows people to create new characters which means more money spent on them so we should see more classes and more races coming out this year and more coming out next year.
  • empathy9empathy9 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    deggon0601 wrote: »
    That skin of the Drow is for HotN, 60 days after open beta starts is when everyone can make the regular Drow

http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Drow

Unless my math is incorrect, it's already been 60 days after launch and still no playable Drow race for those who didn't pay HotN packs. :(
  • timmo1988timmo1988 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The game LAUNCHED on June 20th, it hasn't been 60 days yet. It's been about 45 days. So we're looking at Drow being playable in 15 more days.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I *hope* that the next race or class isn't the "final one"...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • ladymythosladymythos Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 637 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    It's obviously not the final one. The drow is one thing, but we get Sun Elves and Moon Elves in Module 1. Who knows for Module 2, 3, 4 and beyond? New classes have been announced too, but the only ETA is "after module 1". So again, what about after module 2, 3, a4 and beyond? So in other words, I'd say we get Sun and Moon Elves in Module 1, then Drow (not the HotN version, though) after that. As for classes, module 2 is one estimate.
  • elilusoeliluso Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2013

First they have to create more and more Stuff for the Shop ...
    and many many many many new companions
  • raath13raath13 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    empathy9 wrote: »
    Unless my math is incorrect, it's already been 60 days after launch and still no playable Drow race for those who didn't pay HotN packs. :(

The exact quote was "after at least 60 days".

"Does it cost ZEN to unlock additional Races and Classes?

All the available races at launch will be free. We are planning to release the regular Drow for free post-launch (after at least 60 days to allow for Founder's Pack exclusivity). Note that only the regular Drow race will become available; the Menzoberranzen Renegade will always remain exclusive to Hero of the North Pack purchases."

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?18401-Neverwinter-Extended-FAQ

"At least" would be the key words here.
  • raath13raath13 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    timmo1988 wrote: »
    The game LAUNCHED on June 20th, it hasn't been 60 days yet. It's been about 45 days. So we're looking at Drow being playable in 15 more days.

You're setting yourself up for potential disappointment. See my last post.
  • darklock101darklock101 Member Posts: 52
    edited August 2013
    raath13 wrote: »
    The exact quote was "after at least 60 days".

"Does it cost ZEN to unlock additional Races and Classes?

All the available races at launch will be free. We are planning to release the regular Drow for free post-launch (after at least 60 days to allow for Founder's Pack exclusivity). Note that only the regular Drow race will become available; the Menzoberranzen Renegade will always remain exclusive to Hero of the North Pack purchases."

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?18401-Neverwinter-Extended-FAQ

"At least" would be the key words here.

From further down the list that you quoted:
    The Drow race will remain exclusive to Hero of the North pack purchasers for at least 60 days after the game's launch on June 20 (so, August 20 or later), though the specific date regarding when the regular, non-Menzoberranzan Drow will be available has not been announced yet

Just posting to clarify that the "at least 60 days" is from launch, NOT from the start of open beta.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    As others have said the next races and classes will not be final.

Vanilla Drow will be available at least 60 Days Post Launch (August 20 at the earliest), Sun Elves will be free for everybody August 22 and Moon Elves will be available to Knights of the Feywild purchasers August 22.

As for the new class the only information we have been told is that it is a "ranged" class and will hopefully be done before the end of the year. It will not be available in Module 1 (Fury of the Feywild).

I hope this answers your questions. :D
  • mrsmonmrsmon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    imagine if the ranger or whatever class was done by the time feywild was released and we all got it. wouldnt that just make your day.
  • loomyzaloomyza Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    eliluso wrote: »
    First they have to create more and more Stuff for the Shop ...
    and many many many many new companions

More fashion & Accessories ! :cool:

Or even better, and just dreaming out loud, develop a clothingfashion-apparel designer module within FoundryEditor. Perhaps selected top favourites as voted for by community could have their designs adopted by and sold in the Zen Store.

Or allow export/import of existing clothing meshes through foundry to the likes of 3dmax, poser, corel, etc. The implications of such a feature are not lost on me.