test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Launch Error After Patch

lakesidemaidenlakesidemaiden Member Posts: 41 Arc User
edited August 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
Game will not load after login at Launch Page. Stalls out on Cryptic page.
Fatal Error: Unable to initialize on-demand patching ad connect to Patch Server: The connection was idle for too long.

Help!!!! :(:(
Post edited by lakesidemaiden on

Comments

• skwisgarzskwisgarz Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Same problem here brother. Tried reinstaling, clearing cache folders, unchecking things in the option menu = no luck Sucks made it to about level 6 but doesnt look like im gona make it any farther tho..... :(
  • zurkhonzurkhon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 390 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    I am getting this error several times- stalling on the Cryptic logo and timing out. If I keep trying I can eventually get in.

Also have trouble after entering my password and hitting enter or clicking on 'Login' the Launcher doesn't want to do anything. Almost as if the 'Login' button isn't interact-able at all. I have to keep closing and opening the launcher until it responds.
    "Beware the engineers of society, I say, who would make everyone in all the world equal. Opportunity should be equal, must be equal, but achievement must remain individual."

- Drizzt Do'Urden
    ― R.A. Salvatore
  • bradaqbradaq Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    zurkhon wrote: »
    I am getting this error several times- stalling on the Cryptic logo and timing out. If I keep trying I can eventually get in.

Also have trouble after entering my password and hitting enter or clicking on 'Login' the Launcher doesn't want to do anything. Almost as if the 'Login' button isn't interact-able at all. I have to keep closing and opening the launcher until it responds.

This is the exact thing that is happening to me. I'm glad its not just something weird going on with my comp. Any idea how to fix it?
  • agentjasporagentjaspor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This just started for me today too. Was fine earlier. And it's happening on two different machines, so it seems to be something on their side for sure.
  • cpofctcpofct Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This just started for me today too. Was fine earlier. And it's happening on two different machines, so it seems to be something on their side for sure.

Same issue here. Cannot connect, hangs at Cryptic splash screen, times out when trying to connect to account server.

Have tried multiple times without success.
  • esteenaesteena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited August 2013
    Try right click on launcher--> properties--> run in maximized window--> open launcher---> write your account and password--->wait it to patch---> close launcher----> right click the launcher ---> properties--> run in normal window.

I know it sounds silly, but i had similar problem and it got fixed like that. Was long ago though.
  • cpofctcpofct Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    esteena wrote: »
    Try right click on launcher--> properties--> run in maximized window--> open launcher---> write your account and password--->wait it to patch---> close launcher----> right click the launcher ---> properties--> run in normal window.

I know it sounds silly, but i had similar problem and it got fixed like that. Was long ago though.

Just tried and no luck :( Thanks for the suggestion though.
  • agentjasporagentjaspor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I wonder if this some internet issue somewhere preventing only certain areas from connecting to whichever server this is. I find it strange more people aren't complaining about it.
  • tirankhtirankh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    same here, after several days in a row this becomes a little annoying

launcher tries 5 times to update itself and its failing. :(