test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

I hate to jump on the bandwagon ...

verdonix1verdonix1 Member Posts: 658 Arc User
edited August 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
But the LAG!!! in Protector's Enclave...... You guys have to do something about it...

Beholder Server, instances 3, 5, and 11 (those are the ones I tried to get away from it on) sometimes whole screen rubber banding and literally 20secs to interact with things/people ..

If it were just me saying it, well then it will just be me, but it was all over "zone".

PLEASE fix
verd1.jpg
Post edited by verdonix1 on

Comments

• Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    They either need to lower the population caps. Or spawn more instances so no shard ever reaches cap. I was on Beholder earlier. A full one third of available instances where capped out. And the rest where close to it. The lowest population was 130.

To many people, not near enough instances to distribute them.
  • Options
    fusedmassfusedmass Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 252 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    It's no problem or lag for me, but I do have a SSD
  • Options
    yokanaanyokanaan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Too many people shouldn't be a problem for any MMO game. My main char is on Dragon shard and we have no problems with lags. On Beholder - it's a mess.
  • Options
    cgta1967cgta1967 Member Posts: 86
    edited August 2013
    my problem isnt really the lag... its the crashes to desktop that happen in the enclave.

nowhere else...just the enclave.
    edited August 2013
    cgta1967 wrote: »
    my problem isnt really the lag... its the crashes to desktop that happen in the enclave.

I feel your pain - moving in Protector's Enclave is one step forward, jump back - same with invocations or talking to merchants. Painful experience.
  • Options
    baronvonboombaronvonboom Member Posts: 536 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    It only happens when your in an instance with 140+/- people a quick switch to any of the lesser populated ones fixes it 99% of the time for me.

For those it doesn't then I cant explain it & also the game should only be experiencing that kind of lag when under major load anyway which I don't think it ever has been...
  • Options
    orcultorcult Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Lowest populated instance had 102 people in it and it was almost impossible to do anything, waiting for mailbox to be usuable or trying to talk to an npc, that was about an hour ago.
  • Options
    jissinjissin Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The problem is all the people chilling in the Enclave and spammign in Zone chat. If you go to any other area, there is no lag.

I know because I was rubberbanding in the Enclave and able to function without a problem else where.
  • Options
    raath13raath13 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    fusedmass wrote: »
    It's no problem or lag for me, but I do have a SSD

SSD's should have nothing to do with lag.

I've got 2 set in RAID0 and I've been having a lot of rubber-banding issues lately.
  • Options
    raath13raath13 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    jissin wrote: »
    The problem is all the people chilling in the Enclave and spammign in Zone chat. If you go to any other area, there is no lag.

I know because I was rubberbanding in the Enclave and able to function without a problem else where.

I was having issues in foundry quests, as well.

I think the server is having synch issues with the client. It's been going on since open beta. It got better.....until the last week or so.
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    raath13 wrote: »
    SSD's should have nothing to do with lag.

I've got 2 set in RAID0 and I've been having a lot of rubber-banding issues lately.

Yea, he might as well of said. He has no lag because he had Cheerios in the morning. #Headdesk
  • Options
    imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Never had any major issue with lag or rubberbanding in PE until the last 48 hours or so , now lag is crazy insane , I run somewhere and when I stop I instantly bounce back to where I came from , plus now collecting finished crafting tasks is almost impossible as both starting new tasks and collecting rewards for finished ones takes forever to work .
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    Yea, he might as well of said. He has no lag because he had Cheerios in the morning. #Headdesk

Maybe he was trying to impress us with the fact he has a SSD , even though they are quite common now and even decent ones pretty much go for a song at most retailers nowadays xD
  • Options
    digitalbeachbumdigitalbeachbum Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I agree. It's freaking ridiculous to have so much lag. Either set the population cap to a lower number or more shards.
  • Options
    digitalbeachbumdigitalbeachbum Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    And while you are at it.. how about giving me permissions to post new threads. It's been three freaking weeks. Are the admins on permanent vacation?
  • Options
    satansnemesissatansnemesis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 67
    edited August 2013
    cgta1967 wrote: »

I had the same problem until I changed Direct X from 9 to 11 in the settings. Go to Options -> video and scroll down to troubleshooting. Look for the one that says Video Card (Requires Restart) and change it from Direct3d 9 to Direct3d 11 - Beta. As long as your video card can handle it you should be fine. I haven't crashed to desktop since I did this.
  • Options
    atsuipandaatsuipanda Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    enclave is horrible.. i spend 10 minutes walking to a place that should take like 1 minute...
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    And while you are at it.. how about giving me permissions to post new threads. It's been three freaking weeks. Are the admins on permanent vacation?

I had this problem.. until i realized that the new post was under forum tools LMAO
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    sockmunkey wrote: »

LOL that was funny :3
  • Options
    destinyknightdestinyknight Member Posts: 962 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This didnt used to be a problem, when you used to be able to choose the instance you want to be in BEFORE going to said instance.

Ever since the "official" release, I cannot find that option anymore.

I would imagine this is also the reason we havent heard news on merging servers.
  • Options
    dornodiosmiosdornodiosmios Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2013
    We just need a check box in the options that allows us to 'prefer instance with lower population in Protector's Enclave'. I'm not sure if this would be possible to implement, but, for me, it would be the perfect solution.

The game runs wonderfully elsewhere and is bearable in Protector's Enclave, but, still quite annoying. I don't want to go into a low population instance all the time. I just want to do it when zoning into PE and not 90+ seconds later.