test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Avatar of War's set bonus change petition

nonameidknonameidk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2013 in The Militia Barracks
Hi,

Since we know the devs will respond if enough people stand up and speak. We have the TR changes http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?429441-Trickster-Rogue-Changes&p=5415241&viewfull=1#post5415241 as an example.

I am proposing a change to Avatar or War's 4 set bonus.

I know that you can use AoE encounters and have it grant you more stacks. Sure with perfect timing you can keep it up but it's very frustrating to do so.

I am asking to make it easier to upkeep. Why? Well let's take a look at other classes's most used 4 set bonuses.

TR: Swashbuclking: Your powers have a 25% chance to grant 338 Power and Recovery for 6 seconds. This stacks up to 3 times. This is great. Duelist's has so many attacks that this is up all the time.

CW: Striking a foe with a control spell grants your allies near that foe Reckless Abandon which grants 113 Lifesteal for 10 seconds. Striking a foe with a non-control spell grants your allies near that foe Measured Spellcasting which grants 5% Critical Severity for 10 seconds. Allies affected by both receive double the benefits. With cooldowns of cw, and the number of targets hit it's up all the time.

GF: Stalwart Bulwark :When struck in combat you gain 5% of your maximum hit points as Power. This effect stacks up to 5 times. Lasts 8 seconds. Awesome. Up all the time, while taking hits.

DC: Your Encounter powers cause your allies to heal for 5% of your total maximum HP. - Always up.

I am proposing the following:
- giving it a chance to grant a stack on at will (15-25 % chance)
- having it activate on dailes aswell as on encounters
- increasing the time it lasts. (6 or so seconds)

I am asking everyone that supports this idea, to show it by voting and/or posting in this thread.
When in doubt, just hold on. A new day will rise :)
Post edited by nonameidk on

Comments

• chudovishyechudovishye Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I like my Avatar, but I agree, the set bonus is mega hard to activate, don't see it as much as I expected, and I've had to pull numbers via other means primarily.
  • psichiguypsichiguy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Excellent points. Agreed and I am not a GWF but have and use the sets that you used as examples on my lvl 60 characters.
    Kiltre/Cura/Apone/Zeitgeist
    http://eoa-guild.enjin.com
  • durandurahandurandurahan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    agreed. with the way it is now, there is a delay of 3-5s before activate 3 onslaught. And also, the recovery bonus from AoW set did not give armpen bonus from disciple of war feat.
  • evo404evo404 Member Posts: 49
    edited August 2013
    Sure, but I'll take a fix to Unstoppable before any single other change or fix is made. This is getting beyond ridiculous...
  • nonameidknonameidk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Bug fixed are a must. Always have been and always will be. However, I really want this change to go through. We(gwfs) have the only 4 set bonus, that would be useful, this hard to activate. Other classes don't really need to think about theirs. Why do we need to perfectly time our encounters then?
  • tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    agreed. with the way it is now, there is a delay of 3-5s before activate 3 onslaught. And also, the recovery bonus from AoW set did not give armpen bonus from disciple of war feat.

One piece left and I will have the full set. I am interested in this 3-5 second delay as that would be a deal breaker. Can anyone test this out?
    edited August 2013
    tarmalen wrote: »
    One piece left and I will have the full set. I am interested in this 3-5 second delay as that would be a deal breaker. Can anyone test this out?

Don't be upset, it's still a great set and what every GWF should strive for, unless you want a pure PvP build, which is a mix of the weirdest items, primarily for HP and recovery.
  • copticonecopticone Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Don't be upset, it's still a great set and what every GWF should strive for, unless you want a pure PvP build, which is a mix of the weirdest items, primarily for HP and recovery.

I dont strive for it. I actually prefer the 4pc vigilant set, even over 2pc vigilant + 2pc AoW. The extra defensive stats are much better than the extra offensive stats you receive from 2+2 IMO. Its 4pc bonus is up practically 100% of the time. Once you get used to the utility of 20% movement speed, you definitely miss it when using another gear setup.
    Check out my personal Nerf Proof T2 Thaumaturge Build.
  • kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ...what every GWF should strive for...
    If they are Destroyer/Instigator spec, sure.. :) Sentinel spec? Different beast all together!
    va8Ru.gif
  • lordgallenlordgallen Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developers Posts: 91
    edited August 2013
    I'll roll this along to the armor folks. Thanks for the feedback!
  • grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    give vigiliant set +5% damage boost too. problem solved.
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
  • nonameidknonameidk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ^ No, avatar set is dps, vigilant hybrid dps/tank and titans just tank.
    edited August 2013
    grimah wrote: »
    give vigiliant set +5% damage boost too. problem solved.

Why, because it's the only thing you can afford? Farm more.
  • jhumbojhumbo Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I agree that the GWF set bonuses need revision.

However there is a larger problem at the moment with most set bonuses not working at all...
  • grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Why, because it's the only thing you can afford? Farm more.

i have both sets :P but the activation on vigil is so nice, + more damage would make it lovely for me.

or just keep the avatar set bonus the same and increase the duration to 10 seconds. that would fix things (like the shadow weaver wizard set).

titan needs a revision too, like powers generate 50% more threat, or something....
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
  • tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    I just want them to work when I finish grabbing the last two pieces. The 4 second window compared to all other sets is garbage though. Too much happening on the screen in some fights and I don't need one more thing to try and juggle.

I would almost attribute the set bonus as a rage mechanic. Well once battle starts I want to rage until nothing but corpses litter the floor.