test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

GF Bugs galore

jhumbojhumbo Member Posts: 10 Arc User
edited August 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
We really need to start a list to track these things that keep getting re-introduced. (Hint: unit/regression tests?)

1. While Viliian's Menace is active you cannot be CC'ed. - not working most of the time.
2. The infamous block bug is back.
3. Grand Regent's set bonuses do not work at all. no buff, no stat increase.
4. Soulforged enchantment - not working most of the time.
5. Battle trample feat - parsing the log file shows that this does not provide the correct amount of damage (its almost non-existent)
6. Tenebrous Enchant - parsing the log file shows that this does not provide the correct amount of damage.

There are many more and I will continue to add to this list.

I just want to say about items 3 and 4 that you have a lot of nerve charging for AD when most of the items that you really want to buy to improve your class simply do not work.

I am really getting disappointed in this game when so many game breaking bugs continue to exist. You would think that these would be addressed before new content, certainly with so many new games being announced at E3 this week.

I am a Hardcore gamer playing many games since beta release (eq1, eq2, Wow, Tera, GW2, Swotor, DDO, L2, etc, etc).
I am getting the feeling that Neverwinter is going to become an etc in short order if this continues.

-JJ
Post edited by jhumbo on

Comments

• Options
    fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I completely agree with you in spirit, in terms of bugs, especially this latest patch.

However, in these particular cases:

1. Never seen any CC break this. What CC are you talking about?
    2. Which infamous block bug? There have been many since beta.
    3. No 4pc set bonuses work at all for most players. Thank the latest patch for that.
    4. Soulforged is not always as reliable as people believe because it requires taking damage AFTER below the threshold. Sometimes/often, at least in pve, you'll get one-shot when less than 100% and in that case Soulforged will not help you, regardless of its rank.
    5. Battle Trample is a terrible feat anyway. But ok, some detail would be nice...
    6. Tenebrous now has a significant internal cooldown btw. But ok, some detail would be nice...
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I decided to add some proof of the bugs to this thread as well.

Here is the set bonus not working for the Grand Reagent set.

9427491393_77b15f1bec.jpg
    GRBug by scottbenjamin1, on Flickr
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    1. Never seen any CC break this. What CC are you talking about?

- many and various, in most cases the failure is intermittent. I will grab a screenshot.

2. Which infamous block bug? There have been many since beta.

- the timing bug, I will add a screenshot of this as well. I get the block message, my toon is visibly blocking and yet the blow is not blocked.

3. No 4pc set bonuses work at all for most players. Thank the latest patch for that.

- many have never worked (archmage set) yet they charge for AD, that's my point.

4. Soulforged is not always as reliable as people believe because it requires taking damage AFTER below the threshold. Sometimes/often, at least in pve, you'll get one-shot when less than 100% and in that case Soulforged will not help you, regardless of its rank.

- I have log files showing that soulforged has not proced in over a minute, I go below the threshold and when it should proc and take multiple hits before death. This is very common if you review your logs.

5. Battle Trample is a terrible feat anyway. But ok, some detail would be nice...

- it should be an amazing feat based on the values, do the math.

6. Tenebrous now has a significant internal cooldown btw. But ok, some detail would be nice...

- I will add detail and proof, but why post contradicting me if you have no info to back it up?
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    jhumbo wrote: »
    why post contradicting me if you have no info to back it up?

I didn't contradict you. You are the one making these claims with no detail? How can I contradict nothing...?

Apart from my opinion of Battle Trample, all I did was make sure you and others reading are not confusing certain effects and current status of spells.
  • Options
    abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Both myself and the tank I run with have noticed in Villian's menace we are getting CC now. I got entagled by a CW with it up. Smoke bombed. Also knocked down from a GWF. So that becomes annoying its like it might work for 1 CC then the rest get threw. Doesn't happen all the time but when it does its like I wasted my daily as I am supposed to be immune while being choked to death. Then my soulforge starts to make the proc sound but takes 1-2 secs to actually trigger and doesn't so you die.
  • Options
    omgnicktakenomgnicktaken Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Battle trample feat - just imported 2 logs files from back when i was still using this, still in the last patch. Act shows the average damage of 160, which is MORE then it should do. Note the damage is 25% of weapon damage, in other words the numbers written on you weapon. Power, or the damage your skills do have no effect on it, same as enchants that use % of weapon damage as base. For scimitar (513-627 Damage) this should be 142.2 BT damage on the average, while the 2 logs show 159 and 160 average damage spread on about 5000 triggers. So yeah, i guess its bugged: the damage is too high...

EDIT: About villains menace: works 100% for me, except for some rare knockup attacks that can not be resisted by design. About soul forged: i'm guessing this is an issue with lag spikes. Works fine for me, but then again i also never saw any rubber banding many people are having.
  • Options
    mastnaerchaefmastnaerchaef Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I can testify personally on the Villain's Menace bug: In both PvP and PvE I'll occasionally be controlled even when my Villain's Menace icon is still up and active, the effect is still active and I'm only half-way through it's duration.

EDIT: I've only been noticing this since the last update.
  • Options
    petpet2petpet2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I've noticed that I still get CC'd when I use block or VM.

CC'd after a block: I will fall down, but not take damage.

I use VM alot especially in FH, but now I still fall down all the time.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    hmm, about vm and block: it still seems to me like you are talking about things that go through block/menace by design. IE, when golems explode you will get stunned regardless of blocking/having VM up - im not 100% sure about using both simultaneously as i always try to dodge those aoe-s. In karru the small magma things with their small circular aoe skills kock you down regardless of block. Also, the karru last boss circular ranged blast will knock u down if you stand in the middle (neither VM or block will prevent this), while walking backwards to the edge of the area while blocking towards the middle of the aoe will knock you back but not down. Again, these are not bugs but consistent designed effects (afaik). In FH certain boss attacks (ie on the first boss) can not be blocked, using VM AND block finally negates them (again this is true in many other cases - using block with VM resits many attacks that can not be resisted by either one of them exclusively).

TL;DR: There are attacks against which blocking/VM alone will not work, whereas using them simultaneously will. Also, with some cases your position within the designated area makes a difference - standing in the middle is generally not the best idea. I think this is by design. Block is, after all, omnidirectional so standing in the middle of an aoe could still fry you.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    TL;DR: There are attacks against which blocking/VM alone will not work, whereas using them simultaneously will. Also, with some cases your position within the designated area makes a difference - standing in the middle is generally not the best idea. I think this is by design. Block is, after all, omnidirectional so standing in the middle of an aoe could still fry you.

1. Villain's Menace: "With valiant fury you smash the ground, damaging foes around you. In your temporary fever, you deal increased damage and gain immunity to disabling effects."

So, if anything VM should be even stronger than GWF's Unstoppable which only applies to control effects and is not even a Daily. Yet, I highly doubt a GWF is affected in terms of control or disabling by any of the things you mentioned. If it is intended, the Power description would be different or the tooltip is just plain wrong.

2. Block is most certainly not omnidirectional. Not even sure how anyone can say that and be a GF! Block only works in a 180 degree plane just in front of your character (it is not centered in middle of your character) and is not 360 degrees...
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Yes, i guess the description IS a bit off.. it should read "resits MOST disabling effects" instead of total immunity, it's more like shrunken head in HoN that still gets penetrated by superior magic effects.

And yes, the block is a 180% degree arc, but its still directional meaning anything coming from the back side still hits you (that's what i meant).

Anyway, just now as i was pondering on the unblockable attacks.. it seems most of them come from BELOW you (boss attacks and some mob attacks where something bursts from below your feet) which would actually make sense, since you can't block below your feet with a shield. Standing on the edge of the are, blocking towards the middle would work as the thing bursting up would just scrape you from the front.. Also the golem explosion for instance seems to be a highly negative temperature surge, which wold also be hard to block using a shield. These may be just coincidences, but i'm actually starting to see some logic there.. so far i'we just memorized what can and can't be blocked without much further thought on it.
  • Options
    axer128axer128 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    jhumbo wrote: »
    We really need to start a list to track these things that keep getting re-introduced. (Hint: unit/regression tests?)

1. While Viliian's Menace is active you cannot be CC'ed. - not working most of the time.
    2. The infamous block bug is back.
    3. Grand Regent's set bonuses do not work at all. no buff, no stat increase.
    4. Soulforged enchantment - not working most of the time.
    5. Battle trample feat - parsing the log file shows that this does not provide the correct amount of damage (its almost non-existent)
    6. Tenebrous Enchant - parsing the log file shows that this does not provide the correct amount of damage.

There are many more and I will continue to add to this list.

I just want to say about items 3 and 4 that you have a lot of nerve charging for AD when most of the items that you really want to buy to improve your class simply do not work.

I am really getting disappointed in this game when so many game breaking bugs continue to exist. You would think that these would be addressed before new content, certainly with so many new games being announced at E3 this week.

I am a Hardcore gamer playing many games since beta release (eq1, eq2, Wow, Tera, GW2, Swotor, DDO, L2, etc, etc).
    I am getting the feeling that Neverwinter is going to become an etc in short order if this continues.

-JJ

1. mm very rare bug, hard for the devs to fix. Personally only seen it not work vs a GWFs stun. Usually works fine.
    2. Not for me.
    3. Known issue (all sets are buggy lately), fixed next patch.
    4. Works for me everytime less its on the 60second cooldown.
    5. mm not tested that, just assumed it worked.
    6. Works fine for me, get exactly 3% of my hp in damage with greaters. (times 6)
    -Group tools in dire need of improvement, please read and reply to improve our community.
    -Epic Dread Vault Crushed.
    Characters (Dragon): Axer (60 Guardian, Leader of Crush It!), Controller (60 Wizard), Warlocker (60 Warlock)