test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

15 CN runs and no loot

deknodekno Member Posts: 181 Bounty Hunter
edited August 2013 in PvE Discussion
am i supposed to pay to play this game or wtf? how come a guy run 15 times in a row and not get 1 f drop? thinking about quitting this bs game instead of coming here ranting about but f sake how bad can it be?

and for the fact that im cw and i have seen 1 cw item drop off draco from those 15 runs, even seend a tr who get 2 daggers in a row, and here i am not getting 1 drop in 15 runs.
Post edited by dekno on

Comments

• Options
    theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    I would try running dungeons with friends, so you can discuss who gets loot.
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Well there seems to be really only two possibilities at work here.

Either, You just have rotten luck and are simply on the wrong side of completely random forces. Or the game was coded specifically so you, and you alone, are intentionally denied. For reasons, still yet, unknown.

Feel free to pick the more reasonable explanation here.
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    If you're doing all greed runs, you still only have a 20% chance of getting the drop. The RNG just hates you... :(
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    mutantdemocracymutantdemocracy Member Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I do share runs with my guild. The leader gets the drop, sells it off, and then splits the profits evenly.

Everybody wins.
  • Options
    cgta1967cgta1967 Member Posts: 86
    edited August 2013
    you ran it 15 times in a row ??? gawd...you do like to punish yourself dont you?
    edited August 2013
    cgta1967 wrote: »
    you ran it 15 times in a row ??? gawd...you do like to punish yourself dont you?

Im willing to wager there is a, slight to obnoxiously high, level of exaggeration on the OPs part.
  • Options
    esteenaesteena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited August 2013
    dekno wrote: »
    waaa waaa waa i want to get loot now waaa waaa waaaa bad devs make me luckier waa waa waa

Fixed it for you.
  • Options
    pfft2pfft2 Member Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    Either, You just have rotten luck and are simply on the wrong side of completely random forces. Or the game was coded specifically so you, and you alone, are intentionally denied. For reasons, still yet, unknown.

Feel free to pick the more reasonable explanation here.

multiplechoice.jpg
  • Options
    pfft2pfft2 Member Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    am i supposed to pay to play this game or wtf? how come a guy run 15 times in a row and not get 1 f drop? thinking about quitting this bs game instead of coming here ranting about but f sake how bad can it be?

and for the fact that im cw and i have seen 1 cw item drop off draco from those 15 runs, even seend a tr who get 2 daggers in a row, and here i am not getting 1 drop in 15 runs.

I sympathize, but maybe you should cut back for awhile. If you just run during delves, random chance shouldn't be as big a problem, no?
    I do share runs with my guild. The leader gets the drop, sells it off, and then splits the profits evenly.

Everybody wins.

That's very cool :)
  • Options
    deknodekno Member Posts: 181 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    make that 16, im actually starting to think ppl have some hacks for this, cleric rolls 95 on dagger, everyone else under 20. i personally rolled a 3 :D

16 runs, how is it possible?
  • Options
    seraphim90seraphim90 Member Posts: 4
    edited August 2013
    Actually this is interesting, I did greed runs with some ppl, and in several days, did around 15 runs, same person won the draco loot 13 times and the good necky from 2nd boss, whilst rolling very low for everything thats not worth much.

Could be dumb luck, but i sure know i aint running with that person again.
  • Options
    frariifrarii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Heh... i killed draco about 60 times now... and won 4 rolls overall... and 3 of them i gifted away the item to someone who needed it...
  • Options
    theblazedtheblazed Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    make that 16, im actually starting to think ppl have some hacks for this, cleric rolls 95 on dagger, everyone else under 20. i personally rolled a 3 :D

what do you mean "how is it possible?!"

there's 10 epic loot that can drop off draco, each with the same chance of dropping. roll a 10-sided die 16 times and see how many times each number gets rolled. that's right, it's completely random.

and also will you make up your mind?

did you get a drop or did you not get a drop off those 15 runs?
  • Options
    m1nuendm1nuend Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I find the most fair thing to do is sell the dragon drop and split the money. That way people can buy the dragon drop after a few runs regardless of what the dragon actually drops.

Maybe combined with if someone needs the dragon loot he either gets it for free or at a discount.
    39275e2ac4.jpg
  • Options
    frariifrarii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    That's good for some guild (small ones with all the people friendly with eachother) but for pugs is just nonsense, you run 5 times CN a day and you get 1 drop on avg, and make 300k easily each day on avg, that's how it works.
  • Options
    l3l3l3l3l3l3l3l3 Member Posts: 73
    edited August 2013
    7 "greed" runs with pugs. Never won anything. Stopped bothering.
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013

Well if the roll result is not generated server-side than this could be hacked. Of course no company's development team would be so utterly incompetent as to leave such important adjustable parameters client-side in a MMO, right?

Oh wait......
  • Options
    leedskalninleedskalnin Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The best one I got was an item worth 25k. We had a 1/4 run for 4 times, 2 times it dropped an Ancient Slavemaster's Ring of Control worth 250k. Never got it.
  • Options
    chudovishyechudovishye Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013

If you're doing all greed runs, you won't have this problem, it's all random. I would assume people are needing and greeding left and right with no consistency. Also, unlock the chest and have a chance at a little something for once. You won't get the ancients, but you can get good stuff.
  • Options
    maiku217maiku217 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    There is actually a timing of rolling to make yourself 'luckier'. 20 consecutive runs of draco made in the day. All greed roles on last boss (even though we're all in the same guild), he won 16 of them.
    ElfenLiedSig.gif