test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

question about enchantments and stuff.

xecks1xecks1 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
edited August 2013 in The Library
first what is are the affordable enchantments for weapons?
i bought the high vizier set and it has utility sockets and one piece has an armor enchantment . what should i socket in them? also what does armor enchants do are they like weapon enchants ?

anyways ty in advance for the help!
Post edited by xecks1 on

Comments

• everwindgaleeverwindgale Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 76
    edited August 2013
    Weapon Enchants and Armor Enchants are the big prize in endgame. You can creat a lesser version of anything pretty easy. Most people can afford or obtain a coalescent ward. For less than the price of a ward you can buy 50 of the shards and eventualy you will get a successful fuze, even at 1% chance. Higher levels will cost a ton more! Your looking at 6 to 7 figures at the current cost of coalescent wards to reach the highest level weapon/armor enhancement.

I think from a practical standpoint the normals are the first ones you really want to slot, which cost your 12 shards and 5 wards. Like most things in this game there are a few which are considered much better than others. The most popular are Vorpal (Crits), Plaguefire (Debuff). Armor side most folks seem to favor the Soulforged that provides immuinity. Search the forums there are lots of debates about what is best.

There are other options. Different builds and classes can optimize with poison/lifesteal etc. I have a normal Thunderhead, but I have yet to see it stun anyone or anything. The game is so buggy it is hard to know. Whatever you choose it will be a huge investment, unless you just go with the lesser (which you can think of as a nice damage buff). A lesser for a weapon would be ok, but for the armor the way they seemed to be designed they really need to be higher level to be even noticeable to your play.
  • xecks1xecks1 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Weapon Enchants and Armor Enchants are the big prize in endgame. You can creat a lesser version of anything pretty easy. Most people can afford or obtain a coalescent ward. For less than the price of a ward you can buy 50 of the shards and eventualy you will get a successful fuze, even at 1% chance. Higher levels will cost a ton more! Your looking at 6 to 7 figures at the current cost of coalescent wards to reach the highest level weapon/armor enhancement.

I think from a practical standpoint the normals are the first ones you really want to slot, which cost your 12 shards and 5 wards. Like most things in this game there are a few which are considered much better than others. The most popular are Vorpal (Crits), Plaguefire (Debuff). Armor side most folks seem to favor the Soulforged that provides immuinity. Search the forums there are lots of debates about what is best.

There are other options. Different builds and classes can optimize with poison/lifesteal etc. I have a normal Thunderhead, but I have yet to see it stun anyone or anything. The game is so buggy it is hard to know. Whatever you choose it will be a huge investment, unless you just go with the lesser (which you can think of as a nice damage buff). A lesser for a weapon would be ok, but for the armor the way they seemed to be designed they really need to be higher level to be even noticeable to your play.
    soulforged for armor sounds cool.
    btw what should i put in the utility slot and def slot? i see one enchant is glory gained. is that pvp or something?
  • fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    A lesser for a weapon would be ok, but for the armor the way they seemed to be designed they really need to be higher level to be even noticeable to your play.

I disagree. Lessers for armor enhancements make a big difference to gameplay. The difference with or without Lesser Soulforged is enormous, especially on a CW or DC. The value of increasing the immunity beyond that is marginal for the squishy classes, except in specific pvp builds.

Whereas for weapon enhancements, ranking them up makes a very big difference even just to get to normal rank, e.g. Vorpal vs Lesser Vorpal.

So, my priority after a lesser of each type would be to always rank up the weapon enhancement.