test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Good game/Bad system

kryptonian3kryptonian3 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
edited August 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Okay this is a good game, graphics dungeon quest and all.. HOWEVER HORRIBLE system. THE AH, SHOPS, ITEMS ARE HORRIBLE.

1) the looks of items are so plain. At least Make it more advance as we level up. Or rare items with glows and shines, for display and show off.

2) And this one is the most ****test of ALL. YOU CAN NOT SELL ONCE EQUIPED ITEMS to OTHER PLAYERS? WTH IS THIS? how are players suppose to gain back their rare items worth unless they resell it to get a better item? THIS JUST RUINS THE WHOLE MARKET AND economy. Of course you will want to equip a rare gear. But trading it for a better one or re-selling it for near-price is what MMO's are about.

This game would be great, but the trade is so bad it doesn't give back to the players and let players intereact with player, player interaction just paying Cryptic and PW more money.
Post edited by kryptonian3 on

Comments

• Options
    psychicslugpsychicslug Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Well good bye can I have your stuff...............wait thats right I can't oh well guess its just good bye :)
  • Options
    vientorvientor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 80
    edited August 2013
    While I loath the business model, which is really hurting this game, you are wrong on the 2 points you made.

1) Items do become more advanced in look as you level up. Plus many rare items have a unique look. Clearly you did not get very far.

2)Almost all MMORPG's have bind on equip. That is not something new. That does not ruin the economy, having items remain in existence forever, to be passed on infinitely, is what ruins the economy.
  • Options
    parp12parp12 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Having boe or bop items is pretty much the norm since 2004 or so. There's a few exceptions but it's hardly something to be surprised about.
  • Options
    brendan03usbrendan03us Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I have no idea why there is a complaint about BOE items. That is the norm for good but not top tier gear -- you can choose to use or sell, but not both. If you can do both, the economy gets flooded with items. BOP is for truly rare items that are not supposed to be passed around in the economy at all.

The trouble here is not that there are too many items which are BOE and not freely tradeable after being used, but rather that there are too few BOP items, and so the auction house is flooded with T1/T2 gear. I suspect that this is the case so that people are incented to buy Zen to outfit their characters using the AH once they reach 60.
  • Options
    savagedeaconsavagedeacon Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Okay this is a good game, graphics dungeon quest and all.. HOWEVER HORRIBLE system. THE AH, SHOPS, ITEMS ARE HORRIBLE.

1) the looks of items are so plain. At least Make it more advance as we level up. Or rare items with glows and shines, for display and show off.

2) And this one is the most ****test of ALL. YOU CAN NOT SELL ONCE EQUIPED ITEMS to OTHER PLAYERS? WTH IS THIS? how are players suppose to gain back their rare items worth unless they resell it to get a better item? THIS JUST RUINS THE WHOLE MARKET AND economy. Of course you will want to equip a rare gear. But trading it for a better one or re-selling it for near-price is what MMO's are about.

This game would be great, but the trade is so bad it doesn't give back to the players and let players intereact with player, player interaction just paying Cryptic and PW more money.
    Have you ever played an MMO (or at least read something about them in Wikipedia)?In ALL and I underline all MMOG out there once you have equipped an item that item is bound to your character and you are unable to sell it to the Auction House . And so far, lo and behold, millions of players had no problems with that.
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Some people want to march to the beat of their own drum. Others, like the OP, seem to prefer a kazoo.

OP, good luck with wherever you end up going. However, I feel, you're going to experience a lot of disappointment. No matter where you go.
  • Options
    chudovishyechudovishye Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013

The AH is fine, learn how to farm. Unlike D3, the chance at rare drops isn't so bad if you work for it. They need some market control, idiot.