test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Suggestion] ability to destroy gear to get mats???

jackassassinjackassassin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I'd love to see an ability to destroy or "tear down" items for a chance to get some crafting mats or something like that. You pick up SOOO many green items, and often can't even get the diamond you had to spend on the scrolls to identify them. Being able to get something out of them (other than vendoring them for almost nothing) would be really nice. I currently pass on green items, because it's really just a bunch of garbage that fills up my inventory at this point. Would like to see SOMETHING useful come out of them.

Thoughts?
Post edited by jackassassin on

Comments

• Options
    kazan556kazan556 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I agree. This is pretty much a standard feature these days. I'd love it!
  • Options
    gexenngexenn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 121 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Well... maybe then make crafting of some use. Right now it is useful only for pants, shirts and reinforced gauntlets. I have got so many mats and no use for them atm :c.
    [SIGPIC]http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=14804901&dateline=1374624038[/SIGPIC]
    foundry Call of the Blood - NW-DTAK6CXZ2

campaign Heart of Nature - NWS-DUKNH9PPZ

* Cold as Ice - NW-DFFSJTRZG
    * Hard as Stone - NW-DE5ONCWMQ
  • Options
    imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Isn't that what the new salvager that has turned up in Protectors Enclave going to do? (he isn't active yet) or does he do something different?
    gexenn wrote: »
    Well... maybe then make crafting of some use. Right now it is useful only for pants, shirts and reinforced gauntlets. I have got so many mats and no use for them atm :c.

I totally agree , I'd like some kind of fashion item crafter that you can use to make vanity items , so sick of every single player ( well 99% of them ) looking identical.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    They have a lot they need to do to make crafting more useful. there are so many item drops in this game, crafting is pretty pointless. It's very rare that I ever make an item that I don't already have. MAYBE if you could choose the stats that come on the gear you make, it would be better, as you could make what best suits you... as well as friends/guidies. Make sets of gear for different tasks. Greens would be no better stat wise than what you'd pickup, but at least they'd be stats of your choosing. That would put a LOT of life and "replayability" into crafting.

Blue items are often pretty nice when leveling... if you manage to get your hands on a lot of blue and purple crafting items to get up to tirr 2 and 3. Even those would be nice if you could choose your own stats.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Heck... I'd make a set of gear with 100% recovery... just to see how short I could make my cooldowns :)
  • Options
    terryclothterrycloth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The main problem is that crafting levels up so slowly (or you level up so quickly) that you're always making gear for 20 levels ago. It isn't hard for greens to overcome that sort of gap.

And of course you can't sell to other players because everyone's flooded in greens and changing equipment rapidly. If it took ten times as long to level up, then maybe people would start worrying about small differences in gear at lower level, but... um, I don't think anyone would actually want that.

Although making the 50-60 game last ten times as long might work -- your character's basically complete at that point so slower leveling wouldn't be as frustrating since you aren't waiting on levels to get a specific power or feat. You'd want actual content to play in that range though.