test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Dangerous Bug] Invisible Infiltrator infinite stealth !

esteenaesteena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
So i respec'd my TR to Scoundrel feat tree . I noticed when i stealth and do any at-will or encounter my stealth gets completely regenerated immediately after the cast time of the at-will /encounter is completed.

I noticed that the Invisible Inflitrator icon is showing everytime that happens.

Note: Invisible Infiltrator is supposed to refill my stealth bar only after using a Daily.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    parp12parp12 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I've tried to recreate this with some points in all scoundrel feats and unable to recreate. What's the other class feature you're using?
  • Options
    iergoiergo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 107 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    If this is true, I hope it gets fixed quick. If anything, I wouldn't share your build/point distribution. Instead send a ticket with that info to Cryptic.
  • Options
    esteenaesteena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited July 2013
    parp12 wrote: »
    I've tried to recreate this with some points in all scoundrel feats and unable to recreate. What's the other class feature you're using?

I was using Skillful Infiltrator as a second class feature.

They funny thing is, my "Invisible Infiltrator" was also "stacking" everytime my encounters/At-will finishes its casting animation.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I'd suggest respeccing again* and trying to recreate this incrementally until you can pin it down to a specific feat. Also you say that any at will or encounter triggers it, but perhaps a specific situation triggered it after which any at will or encounter continues to trigger it. That's why I tried to recreate it, because naming a tree is just too vague to allow them to do anything about it. If it can't be easily recreated nothing will happen.

* also don't respec on the character it's happening on, copy your character over again (you can have multiple copies of the same character) and then try to recreate it.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I've done my part and reported an obvious bug with every detail i noticed. Other than that is entirely their job and it is possible for them to see where the bug is coming from if they check their codes.

Probably the Scoundrel tree has nothing to do with it , i just mentioned it to detail every step i made before this bug appears.

PS. The Scoundrel tree doesn't have any feat that is related to regenerating stealth.So it will be utterly a pain in the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> if i respec and test every single feat of the tree while the developers can spot the main issue way faster.
  • Options
    chaoscourtesanchaoscourtesan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    esteena wrote: »
    I've done my part and reported an obvious bug with every detail i noticed. Other than that is entirely their job and it is possible for them to see where the bug is coming from if they check their codes.

Probably the Scoundrel tree has nothing to do with it , i just mentioned it to detail every step i made before this bug appears.

PS. The Scoundrel tree doesn't have any feat that is related to regenerating stealth.So it will be utterly a pain in the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> if i respec and test every single feat of the tree while the developers can spot the main issue way faster.

If you really want them to look at it, you could copy the character over to the Test Server, maybe? Then you could respec and they could have a look at the one over there. Without seeing every detail of the build, I doubt they could pin this down.

Just a suggestion, I know you want to get back to playing. =)
    Rhyon Cawdorian GWF | Opa Loka TR | Cormac Argentus III DC | Annika Thornblade GF | Aerys Skydark HR | Bartin Findlor TR | Aellia Baalthrall CW | Lucan Hawkmoon CW | Opa Brahk GWF | Korzbyrk DC | Den Kruk GWF | Jherek Skarsin CW |
    Roland Mac Sheonin GF | Tarron Direheart SW |
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    esteena wrote: »
    As someone who has done bug fixes it's very difficult to track down a bug without a detailed description of how to recreate it. If you don't want to help any further that's up to you but don't complain if the bug remains further down the line. If left like this the usual exploiters will probably spend time to find out how to do it and then keep it to a select few.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    My executioner build :

exec.png

Bug doesn't work on this build.

Targets tested : Dummy and monsters.

My scoundrel build :

scound.png

Bug works on this build , however the bug disappears once i stop using " Invisible Infiltrator" Class feature.

Targets tested: Dummy and monsters.

Something in the scoundrel tree making the invisible infiltrator triggers on At-will and encounters...

Further notes :

scound2.png

This feat is what i suspect to be causing the problem, as it is the only feat in the scoundrel tree that has anything to do with stealth.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    If you really want them to look at it, you could copy the character over to the Test Server, maybe? Then you could respec and they could have a look at the one over there. Without seeing every detail of the build, I doubt they could pin this down.

Just a suggestion, I know you want to get back to playing. =)

All my tests were on the preview server already.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I've managed to recreate something similar. Once the stealth meter runs out I come out of stealth it immediately fills and I can restealth again. I don't have to use any abilities, I can just stealth, stand doing nothing, then restealth, ad finitum. As with the bug described above I get the invisible infiltrator icon.

I respecced again and went up to but not including whirlwind sneak attack and it didn't happen. Added that and it did happen, so good shout on it being to do with that feat.
  • Options
    fragulationfragulation Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Same thing here, Last time I was using my TR on preview shard I was playing around with builds and didn't switch back after trying scoundrel out. now I got on there completly forgot the build was different and notice I had infinite stealth - Love it. Tbh with all the nerfs that came to TR I think infnite stealth can be a good thing in some way :p
  • Options
    terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
    edited August 2013
    Thanks a ton for the report and investigation. We now have a fix for this in testing; it won't get onto Preview this week, but next week's Preview patch is likely to be pretty big.