test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Nerfs doesn't affect pvp. PVP 1v1's

anothersorrowanothersorrow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 171 Bounty Hunter
edited August 2013 in The Thieves' Den
For those who say that rogue got nerfed in pvp and now will be balanced and shiit.First of all you dont know anything about rogues.CoS should get nerfed anyway cuz it is a no brainer most of the time.Lurkers assault nerf did **** to pvp, it just ruined Action points and recovery builds (for more ap) so to be fair all tr's should get a free respec and also a base stats reroll.People that invested money into their perma stealth builds will have useless toons that tr stacked with INT etc.

About the stealth loss from at wills....Seriously the dumpest thing game developers have thought in this game.Create a class and make all their paragon paths and powers stealthed based.Then make stealth useless and you just destroyed your own creation.

And for all the criers look some plays of mine here without using lurkers or cos spam 100 to 0 or permastealth or whatever **** you believe is op.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-JZ1lUE0eA
Post edited by anothersorrow on

Comments

• Options
    fresh0utlawfresh0utlaw Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Observing the video. (Video is not with TR Changes just to be clear)

0:22 You had stealth ready just in time for it to be used, right after stealthing you immediately used Lurker's Assault. The problem is that you hesitated and used Lurker's Assault when clearly it wasn't the right decision at that time... Reason being is because you just Stealthed, your given 7-9 seconds of stealth (depending if your built around it) and should have used that time to search for the enemy Rogue, once you've found the enemy you would probably then need to use Lurker's Assault for damage dealing as well as extending the stealth duration. In the video it took you 5 Seconds to search for the enemy player and then attempt to attack, if it was during the TR Changes Lurker's Assault would only last for 5 seconds so you got to be more timed when using abilities.

After blowing your stealth away from using Lashing Blade, it put you in a vulnerable position as you were then opened for attacks and not a clue where the enemy is. The good thing is that you popped ItC right away when you were taking hits from the invisible enemy, however ItC only last so long so it forced you to run to the field potion to heal up or you might have died.

What would have happened if you were more timed:
    1. After going into stealth your given 7-9 seconds of stealth, you would have found the enemy TR when you have 2-4 seconds of stealth left
    2. Used Lurker's Assault then Lashing Blade, miss or not it would have kept you in stealth because of the rapid stealth regeneration, once again giving you more time in stealth to search for the enemy and plan your next move.

1:08 I'm not sure why you used ItC when you still had 50% stealth and also you weren't in any danger or taking hits.
    People that invested money into their perma stealth builds will have useless toons that tr stacked with INT etc.
    I don't think Perma-Stealth builds will be as useless as you think. The TR changes doesn't effect Bait and Switch, Shadow Strike, or the duration of stealth, the only problem is that At-Wills now deplete stealth, however you can still remain in stealth 100% of the time while keeping a capture point contested against multiple enemies.

Secondly, the TR changes only means that Perma-Stealth rogues will have to be more timed when using At-Wills, using it at the right time only. For instances, they can use it right at the start of Stealthing and then quickly refill stealth, then maintain a Perma-Stealth because the Encounters would be free from CDs.

In 1v1 situations, Perma-Stealth Rogues would use Shadow Strike at the very last millisecond of Stealth. Because of Shadow Strikes slow animation speed, your stealth meter will run out and then refill itself which means you are no longer in stealth but have a full Stealth bar ready to be used. During that time the target would be dazed and opened for At-Will attacks, once daze is over you can quickly go back into stealth, and then rinse and repeat.

Perma-Stealth info is according to X3lade testing in PreviewShard

Not sure if you've seen any of X3lade's video, but he can take on 1v3, 1v4, 1v5 no problem and not take any damage because of field awareness, avoiding/dodging any incoming damage, and being 100% perfectly timed on Encounters to maintain stealth rotations, as well as knowing when to go on the defense and offense.

I think this is his latest video, but more of a short clip preview I guess: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxiaQnEN53I
  • Options
    abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Honestly I think damage should break stealth outgoing or incoming. If a bleed is on you then you can't stealth.
  • Options
    stalesmokestalesmoke Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 126 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Honestly I think damage should break stealth outgoing or incoming. If a bleed is on you then you can't stealth.

and if your already damaged , you should be weakened to the point you cannot raise your shield.
  • Options
    borgued3borgued3 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 150 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    stalesmoke wrote: »
    and if your already damaged , you should be weakened to the point you cannot raise your shield.

agreed to this. Its easy for some people to keep poking more nerfs on rogues, lets see the devs ruin the mechanics of another class for a change
  • Options
    lichlamentlichlament Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    For those who say that rogue got nerfed in pvp and now will be balanced and shiit.First of all you dont know anything about rogues.CoS should get nerfed anyway cuz it is a no brainer most of the time.Lurkers assault nerf did **** to pvp, it just ruined Action points and recovery builds (for more ap) so to be fair all tr's should get a free respec and also a base stats reroll.People that invested money into their perma stealth builds will have useless toons that tr stacked with INT etc.

About the stealth loss from at wills....Seriously the dumpest thing game developers have thought in this game.Create a class and make all their paragon paths and powers stealthed based.Then make stealth useless and you just destroyed your own creation.

And for all the criers look some plays of mine here without using lurkers or cos spam 100 to 0 or permastealth or whatever **** you believe is op.

You must have been drunk when posting this because your video contradicted everything you posted.

Outlaw dissected and tore apart your claim and you did a good job of shooting yourself in the foot as well.

After the nerf, some of those fights you obviously edited on your video, you would be a corpse.
  • Options
    anothersorrowanothersorrow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 171 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    fresh0utlaw:i rushed la because i heard that my enemy hit la too.i could die one shot there so i opened my la too incase i meet him straight to get rid of him fast.also that fights differ from the regular ones.no point to make a video killing completely noobs and having 30+kills pvp are full of them and thats another story.

lichlament :hmmm what are you talking about.maybe you watched the wrong video.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    The same video in your post.

[QUOTE=anothersorrow;5389141

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-JZ1lUE0eA[/QUOTE]

You used Lurkers and CoS in that video.

Ignore the haters... the biggest nerf out of all this is Stealth and Lurkers...

Stripping us of Lurkers gives us a very weak selection of Dailies... and Stealth is obvious.
  • Options
    derpaderpistderpaderpist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013

The stealth meter depletion from using at-wills is called TRADE-OFF genius .
    " We live in an age of the cheaply made, disposable, high priced junk. " - theunwarshed
  • Options
    edited July 2013

You really need to change signature..
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    lichlament wrote: »
    The same video in your post.

You used Lurkers and CoS in that video.

Ignore the haters... the biggest nerf out of all this is Stealth and Lurkers...

Stripping us of Lurkers gives us a very weak selection of Dailies... and Stealth is obvious.

Ofc i did i just did it to the minimum point.Stealth loss from at wills is its ridiculus,you can create a stealth base class and then take away the stealth feature ,i dont believe its gonna go live anyway
  • Options
    borgued3borgued3 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 150 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013

ok...so what did we get in return for that? Or for the LA nerf? Or for any nerf we took to the head?

TRADE consists in giving something in return for what you are taking...yet cryptic is only taking from us rogues, so i feel more like being ripped off than actually trading 1 thing for another.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Ofc i did i just did it to the minimum point.Stealth loss from at wills is its ridiculus,you can create a stealth base class and then take away the stealth feature ,i dont believe its gonna go live anyway

While you create the stealth based class, what role will you have in PvP besides constantly back capping points and getting 0 kills and 6 deaths

Oh my ! Sounds like a ball of fun to me...
  • Options
    rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited July 2013

While I think I see where you're going with this, it actually doesn't work.
    First, because there is no benefit here. Stealth, the TR's core mechanic, is minimized by this. Since TR's have no significant means of mitigation, that means they will need to keep rolling out of combat and running for a bit to replenish stamina so they can roll out again as they need to since you can only have ItC up so often.
    Second, because feats like Sneaky Stabber are cancelled out by this (tried it again on test this morning, Gloaming Cut still depletes stealth far more rapidly then maxed out Sneaky Stabber can fill it), it means that Many rogue skills that syngergize with stealth have been nullified.

So this isn't a trade-off, it's a straight up loss. Not simply for TR's, but for everyone who parties with them since this will significantly decrease the TR's ability to do damage.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• Options
    abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    borgued3 wrote: »
    agreed to this. Its easy for some people to keep poking more nerfs on rogues, lets see the devs ruin the mechanics of another class for a change

Since shield block is Junk for the most part I don't think they can make it worse. Its probably the worst mechanic in game as it is. Breaking for no reason, thought its been fixed once and is better then before. Anyone that complains about the non factor shield block is amuses me.
  • Options
    cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Since shield block is Junk for the most part I don't think they can make it worse. Its probably the worst mechanic in game as it is. Breaking for no reason, thought its been fixed once and is better then before. Anyone that complains about the non factor shield block is amuses me.

Yeah it's definitely the worst, you block 100% damage from any attack and cancel all CC from it, even daily's, just by pressing the shift key real quick. Knight's challenge in combination with block is super weak too, you only get to do double damage to them and block all of the incoming damage.
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.
  • Options
    meeggtoastmeeggtoast Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 159 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Wow, if you don't take advantage of tanking a Draco Bite 1 shot 20k damage with shield or a 17k hand from Draco with shield or any kind of knock back then your a Guardian fighter who doesn't tank and complains about bursts from rogues. when u don't tank and u can't deal damage? whats the point of having a guardian fighter? no wonder we have no GFs in my CN runs, all of them useless, obviously its the 99% who can actually play their class to tank and DPS
    Nevermore@meeggtoast 12.2 BiS TR
    Lanaya@meeggtoast 13.4 BiS GWF
    Shendelzare@meeggtoast 11.2k CN mule CW

Server: Dragon
    Stream: meeggtoast
    Guide: Meeggtoast's Destroyer Dps Guide
  • Options
    edited July 2013

Go away Thread Killer....
  • Options
    edited July 2013

Its sad that you still try to prove your clueless point.

As i said many times this wasn't a move to balance anything.Balance means to take away something in trade for something else.We only got those nerfs and nothing else.After patch people will change to more burst builds and then you ll realize the true 1 shot power of TR you crying about on forums.If at wills from stealth become useless TRs will use stealth only to get encounter effects.Less stealth more dmg more QQ.
  • Options
    stalesmokestalesmoke Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 126 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    And the effort it takes to dash and knock someone prone in full plate armor and shield should also leave the GF prone for the same duration. you do it for the good of your team, uh ya
  • Options
    yeruneyerune Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    stalesmoke wrote: »
    And the effort it takes to dash and knock someone prone in full plate armor and shield should also leave the GF prone for the same duration. you do it for the good of your team, uh ya

Nah, hitting people should diminish guard, determination and divinity, then we're talking equal balance :)
  • Options
    hobbsba76hobbsba76 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    if they only wanted to fix perma stealth why couldnt they do something as simple as remove the 20% stealth from the pvp set instead of overnerf the class? fine tuning with a wrecking ball must be fun
  • Options
    getoneshotgetoneshot Member Posts: 86
    edited July 2013
    yerune wrote: »
    Nah, hitting people should diminish guard, determination and divinity, then we're talking equal balance :)

This and also every class' 2 most used Dailies should be completely nerfed to the ground, along with their damage and healing nerfed by 40% across the board. Then we'll be talking about "balancing" all classes.
  • Options
    r3ds0nowr3ds0now Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Get out of here abombination247, every time i start reading something i see u. your not good for this game. i don't like reading forums because of u. you don't help you just hate on ppl