test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New Weapon Enchant Proposition:

ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
edited July 2013 in PvE Discussion
Playing a Melee character can sometimes be annoying if your being kited around and around... I know there are abilities but I thought that it might be worth throwing out there to see if anyone else likes this idea.

A weapon enchant that SLOWED the target on hit... Ice Enchant... This would obviously be blue, like Plague Fire is, but with a more "chill" effect. Could be useful for kiting melee players better OR for Melee players to stay ontop of a target...

Lesser Ice Enchant:
Deals 3% weapon damage as cold damage and Slows the target by 2%. stacks 3 times.

Ice Enchant:
Deals 5% weapon damage as cold damage. and slows the target by 3%. stacks 3 times.

Greater Ice Enchant:
Deals 7% Weapon damage as cold damage and slows the target by 4%. Stacks 3 times.

Perfect Ice Enchant:
Deals 9% Weapon Damage as cold damage and slows the target by 5%. Stacks 3 times.

The debuff would last say 3 seconds on each hit like plague fire. The damage doesnt seem OP compared to others. The debuff could be VERY useful for melee classes and would be a decent trade off to whats currently out there...

Came up with another:

Reaper Enchant
Black enchant like soulforged but for weapons.

Lesser: When damaging an opponent <25% of their HP, your attacks have an 8% to refresh your last encounter used.

Regular Reaper Enchant: Same but 12% chance.
Greater: 16%.
Perfect Reaper Enchant: 20% chance.

Ideally its kind of a "finisher" that allows you to double up on an encounter if proced. Only below 25% and adds no weapon damage...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    godsdozergodsdozer Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This would be pointless. Everyone would have it and all that would happen is we would all run around 15% slower.
  • Options
    maiku217maiku217 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    How does one call it pointless then make the point of what it does?
    ElfenLiedSig.gif
  • Options
    wholyhandgrenadewholyhandgrenade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    you mean the worthless 10% chance not to be slowed that elves are strapped with could actually work against something in the game
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    godsdozer wrote: »
    This would be pointless. Everyone would have it and all that would happen is we would all run around 15% slower.

Actually I really disagree since most of the reason people use greater plague fire is for the damage ticks to proc tene enchants. The armor reduction isnt as great as most people think once you test it in pvp...

Also, Vorpal is still the main go to enchant for the damage purposes. I see this would be a contender in PVP matches for a good enchant, however, for PVE it wouldnt be that great... a little more damage and slower? Might help SOME for kiting but its not the end all be all...

And the damage isnt THAT great either, so its really just a utility weapon enchant. Personally I wouldnt even use it, but I think it could be useful for some players...
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    godsdozer wrote: »

Last time I checked "Everyone" wasnt running around with Perfect Enchants... Most have a regular or greater...