test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

this darn queue system is not worth nothing

oriyellow8oriyellow8 Member Posts: 99 Arc User
edited July 2013 in PvE Discussion
this is my first time try in the queue system after they "fixed" it. wasted all hour on trying get party - didnt work. i remember them telling in patch notes " we listened to the players and we fixed the queue system" - ye right. in the beginning the queue system would throw any one on queue to party and if u had luck u would find cleric and then most party will go on. now i cant even get any party at all. of course i mean only the basic dungeons like pirate and spider - i wont try sp and others. but i wasted the all dd time on trying to get to spider ,pirate and idrith. nothing. waiting to long to party like 10 min and most players already do something else.
please cryptic unfix ur help and return the old queue system. if u cant do it right this is how u should do it:
party leader request which classes he wants in his group - 2 cw one dc etc. if he wont he can request 5 cw - who cares. he can also request like 2 cw and one dc and the other random players with no particular classes ( this is only example , please dont say always cw needed). u only need to give on every spot of ur party what u want - specific class or random class. thats all. if u cant do it please return to the old queue which was very buggy but at least worked a little and i dont need to waist all my dd time on this broken system.
Post edited by oriyellow8 on

Comments

• Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    If its not worth nothing. Would that then mean that it is worth something? You has confused me with your use of the dreaded double negative.
  • Options
    ladymythosladymythos Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 637 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Actually, BioWare keeps writing "could care less", when they really mean "could not care less". But it turns out they are correct. You can use both "could" and "could not". That is how you confuse people. A double negative like the OP isn't all that confusing. ;)

As for the queue-system, I have sometimes waited 20 minutes and given up, and I've waited less than 20 seconds before joining a dungeon. It's a bit of luck involved.
  • Options
    cipher9nemocipher9nemo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    thread.title.Replace("nothing", "anything");
    cipher_jitn_sig.png
    Hammerfist Clan. Jump into the Night: NW-DMXWRYTAD
  • Options
    tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Use a proper queue system.

Hey guild - Anyone want to run a dungeon? Never fails.
  • Options
    fusedmassfusedmass Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 252 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I will never understand, we have a queue system in place and an AH. Yet people continue to use the channel for asking people into groups and selling items. Gold items I understand or for enchanted keys but not the rest.
  • Options
    infernal667infernal667 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    fusedmass wrote: »
    I will never understand, we have a queue system in place and an AH. Yet people continue to use the channel for asking people into groups and selling items. Gold items I understand or for enchanted keys but not the rest.

Its faster to manually create a group from zone chat than waiting in the queue. Also players who put in the effort to search for a group or other players will most likely have more experience and skill than the usual queue dwellers. Finally you get to see the GS of the players before entering the dungeon. There is nothing worse than finding 3x 9k GS players in an epic spider group after waiting for 20 minutes in the queue.
  • Options
    askopdkapokaskopdkapok Member Posts: 648 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    If its not worth nothing. Would that then mean that it is worth something? You has confused me with your use of the dreaded double negative.

Made sense to me... it wasn't really a mensa-level brain buster to figure out what he meant.

Check that baggage at the door... Correcting spelling and grammar mistakes in a multi-national forum is childish and immature and makes you look like a troll.
  • Options
    askopdkapokaskopdkapok Member Posts: 648 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    thread.title.Replace("nothing", "anything");

fail. epic.

/facepalm
  • Options
    cipher9nemocipher9nemo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Correcting spelling and grammar mistakes in a multi-national forum is childish and immature and makes you look like a troll.

So does retaliating about it too. Back at you.

Thanks for bringing on the thread lock. Any time mods. :)
    cipher_jitn_sig.png
    Hammerfist Clan. Jump into the Night: NW-DMXWRYTAD
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Made sense to me... it wasn't really a mensa-level brain buster to figure out what he meant.

Check that baggage at the door... Correcting spelling and grammar mistakes in a multi-national forum is childish and immature and makes you look like a troll.

Actually, it was a question not a correction. Pay special note to the use of question marks. Before you end up correcting someone, make sure you are correct in your correction.

As far as the rest, his opening statement, as written, is in direct conflict with his complaint. Bringing up that fact is hardly out of the realm of reasonableness.
  • Options
    bolt#9204 bolt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I have to agree with the original statement, I too find the dungeon queue and grouping system really frustrating in NWN for several reasons:

Scenario: A pick up group does the first boss fail a couple of times on the second and some prima donna decides they are going to emo quit because they have broke a nail or are simply not used to actually doing more than 1 try at anything.

In this situation you cannot bring in a replacement by inviting somebody you know and you cannot requeue your team to find a replacement that way so you have to disband and requeue. I know many peeps have complained about this over an extended period of time but I see no PW representatives posting to say that they understand the problem and are looking to address it. Furthermore I believe that anybody that leaves a dungeon party after first boss is down in a dungeon should be given a 60 min cool down before they can go into another dungeon meaning essentially they would miss that dungeon delves session, that would I am sure deter this kind of behaviour.
  • Options
    maximilliam88maximilliam88 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    works fine for me if it takes over 10 min try unqueing and queing again.
  • Options
    reagenlionel1reagenlionel1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    howardb55 wrote: »
    I have to agree with the original statement, I too find the dungeon queue and grouping system really frustrating in NWN for several reasons:

Wrong game...