test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Humans Be all end all for GF tank builds?

vidfinnxvidfinnx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 98
edited August 2013 in The Militia Barracks
i was just wondering because i currently have a 60 GF thats an wood elf, but i rolled 16/16/14 for my initial stats
and CON at max seems to be the best stat before anything else. More AP, More health for survival, More power during stalwart stacks. I have full T1-T2 on my character, but im considering rerolling to have 26 con, already at level 52,
is it worth it? I feel like you absolutely need to have max health to survive some of these super cash geared characters
you fight, is that not true? am i going crazy? if only i had 24 con :P then i could tolerate it but only get 22 con max
Pvp survivability is where im concerned most.
Mindflayer Server
Worst GF NA
Post edited by vidfinnx on

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2013
    Oh yeah and extra feats for more defense making more effective hp
    Mindflayer Server
    Worst GF NA
  • Options
    fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    4% extra HP won't help you against a 7x Greater Tenebrous player. Nothing will, other than you getting it yourself and where it would be particularly effective due to your current HP.

In PvE, 4% extra HP won't help your survivability, though the extra Heroic Feats available as Human may.

So, Human is just min-maxing. Not even close to worth it to re-roll for pvp, imo.
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Humans are the (probably) the best for a GF in PvP but the difference is pretty small - it is probably not worth a re-roll unless you are playing competitively (i.e. Crush it / Lemonade Stand standard).
  • Options
    dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    If you are looking for pure PvP human is not the race. There is a better PvP race.

If this is your first Character then finish and farm AD and save up for Rank 8 Radiants/Greater Plaguefire, Soulforge enchants. Before you go hardcore with a specific CHAR for PvP.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Well arent we always playing competitively? To win lol?
    Mindflayer Server
    Worst GF NA
  • Options
    trollgretrollgre Member Posts: 297
    edited July 2013
    max con is the best
    go for human if you want to max both crit and prone duration
  • Options
    kreicuskreicus Member Posts: 76
    edited July 2013
    Dwarf is technically the best race for a GF, and for any class honestly. I could go into the technical details but I'd rather not. Dwarfs are just the best! Just look at them!

tl;dr: Pick a race who's *** you want at for hours on end, RNG is far greater then the tiny benefit you get from a few stat/feat points here and there. ie. 2 people with exact same setup one a human one a different race, whoever gets the most crits wins. Yes I'm aware my td;dr is longer then my post :D
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I was about to post saying dwarf too but you beat me to it.

I run a dwarf GF and also went 16/16/14 since Str/Con seem like the most important stats for a GF and dwarfs get +2 to both!

At 60 I have 24/24/14 and with fire buff im at 25/25/15. The max rolled con GFs have I think 27 Con so 2% more HP? but they have something like 20-21 str...

Dwarfs have resistance to knockdown/backs which is pretty big in pvp... That said I did roll a MAX Con GWF and stuck him with 7 GTE enchants, but I made him Specifically for PVP tene stacking and he is HORRIBLY set up for PVE. I rolled human because of the 3 extra feat points which GWFs have WAY better use for than GFs, the 3% defence was meh... Also Con on GWF also gives armor pen so its arguably the best to stack...

I have found that unless your making a character for a single purpose, the MINOR differences in stats like 2 more con, wont really do much. If you DO make them for a single purpose, then they will not be very good at other things...

I ONLY made and could afford to make a GWF with tene because I had an amazing GF first that was a very well rounded character. I never had problems in pvp with him and even though i have 24-25 Con I still have about 31k HP and I dont even stack HP gear... I feel like minor differences in stats can easily be made up for by changing gear around or sockets around...

If you have 20 mil and wanted a 7 GTE Sent GWF... Then yes Roll Human and stack Con...

If you do SOME PVE and like to PVP alot too, your fine with what you have honestly... Your really not going to notice ANY difference at max level and it really makes almost no difference at max level...

Honestly its the equiv of a grand necklace or an ancient necklace... The grand costs like 1/5th of the price and has +150 to three stats... The ancient costs 5x more and gives you +154 to each stat....

Now... Ask yourself is it worth the AD? To me, NO! 4 stat points? forget that... but to some people the +4 is worth it to them...

That is what your in a sense asking.... is the SMALL benefit worth the man hours and AD investment? Only you can answer...

If your an 18yr old kid not in school, not working, living in your parents basement... Go ahead and re-level... If you have any real life time commitments, ill wager its not worth the 30hours itll take to hit max level...
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Ubiquitous shield on human?
    Mindflayer Server
    Worst GF NA
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Lol i now have my elf gf at 22/22/16 and my human at 19/26/15 with ubiquitous shield
    Mindflayer Server
    Worst GF NA
  • Options
    hidahayabusahidahayabusa Member Posts: 634 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    It's unfair, because no matter what other races do, Dwarves will always be more awesome.
    * Notorious Dwarven Bear Cavalry Leader *
  • Options
    masu84masu84 Member Posts: 134 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Ork GF here :D

+5% crit damage is very nice.

+2Str
    +2Dex
    is very nice too.

My Stats: 24str, 22Con, 16Dex (Base stats without any buffs/bonus (campfire)).
    5500power
    22% crit %
    24% arpen
    14% recov (+Features)

Its really nice for PvP...
    No leaver penality in PvP!

And here is the reason:
    ghostravyn wrote: »
    If you want people to stay for the match end even when you're sitting on a 600-10 score and you've decided to be ***-hats and spawn-camp, you need to give them a reason. Punishing them is not the answer. That's just pouring salt-acid into an already bleeding wound.
  • Options
    sfxer001sfxer001 Member Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    masu84 wrote: »
    Ork GF here :D

+5% crit damage is very nice.

+2Str
    +2Dex
    is very nice too.

My Stats: 24str, 22Con, 16Dex (Base stats without any buffs/bonus (campfire)).
    5500power
    22% crit %
    24% arpen
    14% recov (+Features)

Its really nice for PvP...

Would you mind posting your gateway profile link? Just curious what armor, weapon set and enchants.
  • Options
    caexarcaexar Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I find that a human's greatest strength lies in it's ability to customize further into whatever type of character you are aiming for. The flat 3% defense increase is wonderful for any class let alone a "tank" type class, and the I find the extra 3 feats do offset the lack of a secondary stat boost quite easily. They are made for adaptation and that's what they bring to the table.

Everyone is quick to jump on the dwarf bandwagon for GF's which I find quite odd considering that the only perks they get are a negligible resistance to DoT effects and knockback(10% proc rate and it's currently bugged).
    People forget that the flat 3% defense increase humans get also is against damage from DoT attacks as well as normal attacks so the dwarf perk is somewhat diminished in my eyes. That means that the dwarf is left with a +2 to an additional stat which can equate to a 2% increase over what a humans base stat potentials are.
    Personally I'd rather have the versatility and effect that the three extra feats grant over a flat 2% boost to an attribute. You can always respect a humans feats to improve it beyond any dwarf of the same build. You can't respect initial character stats.

Another race which often gets overlooked by "min-maxers" but make good GF's as well is Tieflings. Con boost, 5% bonus damage on enemies below 50% health and the Infernal Wrath perk is nice when it procs as well adding into some survivability on a tankier type of GF.

Halflings as well are another viable choice due to a con boost and a dexterity boost. Couple this with the racial 3% deflection and you're looking at a good defensive based character as Deflection is an immediate 50% damage reduction after base defense is taken into account.

Half orcs crit bonus is nice but the base speed increase going into combat is next to worthless for a GF as they have Lunging Strike and the at will Threatening Rush as gap closers. Making solely a DPS typ GF then sure why not, but I'll pass on the half orc GF.

Both elf breeds, wood and drow make less than ideal GF's from a statistical and view in my opinion and their racial boosts don't synch up well with the class in my opinion either.

Half-elves do show some promise with the dilettante boost ( a 1% increase to factors for that stat) and the spread out knack boosts for deflection and crit. Coupled with a Con boost and they actually make a very viable alternative for a GF.

All in all though, it will come down to a matter of personal play style preference. Do you want to be able to customize within the class abilities more and tailor to your own style? Then human is the way to go. Are you looking to max out a smaller spectrum of play style? Then human can work there as well though you may say slightly greater gains in singular focus with other races.
    Threat level 60 Guardian Fighter
    Gloom level 60 Control Wizard
    Dusk level 60 Trickster Rogue
    Dawn level 60 Devoted Cleric
    Eclipse level 60 Hunter Ranger
    Wrath level 60 Great Weapon Fighter
    Jinx level 60 Scourge Warlock
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    caexar wrote: »
    I find that a human's greatest strength lies in it's ability to customize further into whatever type of character you are aiming for. The flat 3% defense increase is wonderful for any class let alone a "tank" type class,

Actually it is a +3% defense rating increase which isn't anywhere as good as a +3% defense boost, although it is still nice since any points you save this way can be re-allocated to other offensive/defensive stats.