test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Companion!

shaoplshaopl Member Posts: 10 Arc User
edited July 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Is here tutorial about stones for companions? TY!
Post edited by shaopl on

Comments

• morfeddmorfedd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Put gear and runes in the slots and you get the stats on your character. Not sure what else you want to know...
  • shelendilshelendil Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
  • bowdidlybowdidly Member Posts: 261 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Hi, here is how i set mine up, which seems to be the basic rule of thumb for a ioun stone of alure. Might or the Cat. Which are undoubtably the best companions in the game.

If you are in a position to and thinking of buying a companion from the zen store,my biggest advise would be buy the Ioun Stone of Alure, the others available may look good but you will never beat the Stone, plus it will never Die !!

1st 2 runestone slots, use runestones for you characters main stat requirement, so for a CW / DC use recovery, for a TR use crit etc etc
    the last runestone slot which is a defencive slot ( unless you have the stone of might, which as a offencive slot, so obviously you would use recovery, crit or power ) you should use a Eldrich runstone which gives your charater a further 8% of all the stones stats to your character, if you use a rank 6, which is the minimum i would recomend.

As for the gear slots use epic lvl 60 items preferbly tier 2 and the best you can find with your best stats on them, even if you use the ones from you character and then put the lesser ones onto your character, this is because you get a aditional 8% ( which = 108% in total ) stats from your stones equiped items due to the Eldrich runestone, while if they are on your character you would only get 100%

Another thing i have found is dont equipe hit point runestone or gear to your stone as you will find hit points do not transfere to you character
    So if you wish to boost your characters hit points the way to do this is for eg: equipe a high hit point stat ring onto you character and then the old ring from your character equipe that onto your stone, and again you will get an aditional 8% of that rings stats due to the Eldrich runestone

As for most other companions, strikers, tanks and clerics, there overall survivabilty seems to be the biggest issue, i have found for runestone slots the best way to go is stack as much Defence as possible to keep them alive as long as possible. there is no point in stacking them with power or offencive stats if they die near on straight away. better them doing less damage but helping for longer.
    I still use the basic free cleric on my rogue, its as rank 7 defence runstones and all its gear as either hitpoints or defence on it, and it does survive most dungeon boss fights without any issues and still provides me with a constant trickle of smal heals and buffs, which is better than nothing at all.

Quick note: alot of people do not know you can equipe lvl 60 epic gear into your comapnion, no matter what lvl you are, even if your lvl 16 and the companion is lvl 10 any gear slots available always use lvl 60 epics in them