test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How are my stats?

leedskalninleedskalnin Member Posts: 135 Arc User
edited July 2013 in The Library
zsp942.jpg

These are my stats. A bit far from what I plan it to be since I'm missing my belt, shirt, and pants. Also I'm only using rank 5s. Are these even correct? Might get an extra 433 arpen and a bit of recovery like 70-ish, but my crit will be reduced by around 250-ish.

Thanks in advance! :)
Post edited by leedskalnin on

Comments

• Options
    kerrovitarrakerrovitarra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 559 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Assuming stats, you running 2+2, correct? 4pc HV is better.
    Than, crit is overcapped. Dropping near 700 points will be usefull.
  • Options
    coglovercoglover Member Posts: 97
    edited July 2013
    waaaay too much crit, drop all ur crit and go with armor pen, tenebs or even recovery instead
  • Options
    kerrovitarrakerrovitarra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 559 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Recovery is useless after 3000, same for crit.
  • Options
    axer128axer128 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Recovery is useless after 3000, same for crit.

Vastly incorrect.
    Recovery for hte purposes of decreasing cooldowns is fairly useless above 3k.
    For the purposes of getting AP faster, its very efficient up to 4k, and still useful up to 4500.

(I've actually had up to 6000 in some CN runs and was successful with that, but found no major difference in performance at 4500, did notice some at 4k - eg: ap charges to 90% instead of 100% on some casts = potential party wipe)

Given the most difficult content gets lives and dies on how many black holes you can put out, recovery is a VERY critical and awesome stat.

Imo there are 2 very effective wizard builds as there are sometimes room for 2 wizards in a party
    1: Ultra CC build (wisdom max)
    2: Ultra debuff/dps build (cha max)
    So I'll give out ideal stats for each, in priority of most important to least:
    Defense - 1400 + Vizier buffs (+1350 after CC rotation). A dead wizard is a useless wizard. Priority 1: Don't die, defense is required.
    HP - Hard to say this should be a fixed value since it varies too wildly, but in general always slot 1 to 2 Radiant runes for +HP. I sit at 22k and find it the bare minimum needed to tackle some of the games hardest challenges.
    Recovery - 3500/4500. Personally would always go 4500, but DPS build can drop some and rely a bit more on their party to survive.
    Armor Pen 1500/2.2k. 1500 for CC build using Plague Fire, as far as I understand they aren't stacking anymore. 2.2k for a vorpal wielding dps wizard. (that 700 points you save lets you have the extreme recovery without dropping other stats much)
    Crit - 1500/2500, severe diminishing returns means armor pen is far more useful for upping damage, and after ~2k - power is. 1.5k for CC build - good up to 2k, but theres no real way to hit that currently without sacrificing other higher priority stats - plus you can hit it via buff potions if you sit at 1500 sustained anyways, DPS build could get to 2500 - assuming you slot a vorpal to take advantage of it.
    Power - low priority , but max it out to the roof as it never diminishes

Deflect/Regen - What you get form Vizier is enough, and well worth it. If you wanna save a lot of potions, pot a seal of the executioner on your pet (+478 regen) With that combo I was regening for around 1200 a tic at low health, pretty nice coin saver, tho I found it never saved my life much given wizards low ac/hp results in a lot of 1shot deaths, so rarely do you get slow-burned down where regen may save you.
    Worth carrying around to save some coins while solo tho, otherwise I swap in a ancient ring in my cat instead.

(And yea cats best imo, as with ideal gear is sets your crit to that ideal 2k figure (with buffs) without having to slot a single crit focused item., leaving more room to focus your final stats into power.)

PS: Best way to fix your defense is to wear ancient necromancer rings instead of ancient slavemaster. (Defensive slots with rank 7 azure will put you in a position that you can survive the most difficult content without relying on extremely effective clerics). That and put a bit of of defense into your pet as well.
    -Group tools in dire need of improvement, please read and reply to improve our community.
    -Epic Dread Vault Crushed.
    Characters (Dragon): Axer (60 Guardian, Leader of Crush It!), Controller (60 Wizard), Warlocker (60 Warlock)
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Disagree.
    First of all, dead mob don't need control. Ultra CC build, in my opinion, will lose to ultra DPS simply by hastening runs. Party won't be waiting till mobs die from wizard eventually.
    Second. Defence is completely useless stat for wizard. No need to improve it by enchants or rings/belt/neck. Better take epic belt with crit/arp and socket it with flat HP. Wizard is a DPS class, so it will be a glass cannon or lose in efficiency. Dead wizard is a simply bad wizard with high ping or some hand problems.
    Third. I farming CN with 3k recovery and repel on tab slot. I have enough AP to cast AS and repel mobs to the ledge. So if I'm able to do it, than others are able to do it. I even equipped pyro rings to drop recovery from 3500 to ~3200 and get more crit.
    BTW, 3 DPS wizards in HV melt down draco in a few minutes. Try this with you ultra control wizard :)
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    My crit will go down after I get the 2 other SW items (head & arms) since I'm only using one of those 4k AD worth items with nice stats bonuses. Thanks so much guys for the help! :D
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    axer128 wrote: »
    Vastly incorrect.
    PS: Best way to fix your defense is to wear ancient necromancer rings instead of ancient slavemaster. (Defensive slots with rank 7 azure will put you in a position that you can survive the most difficult content without relying on extremely effective clerics). That and put a bit of of defense into your pet as well.

Yes, I'm actually using the ancient ring of undeath something that gives me 154 crit, arpen, and rec. I slotted a rank 5 Radiant. Dunno if I'm correct, but I think HP enchantments are better than defense. HP just reduces the chance of me getting killed in 1 hit. I did some calculations and I think it's true. :O
  • Options
    copticonecopticone Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I was able to pull through impossible odds with 11% lifesteal, that I am positive similar amount in Defense would have failed. In a run where I am doing 20mil damage, that's 2mil in lifesteal. Sure much of that is overheal, but so are DCs heals.
    Check out my personal Nerf Proof T2 Thaumaturge Build.
  • Options
    axer128axer128 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Disagree.
    First of all, dead mob don't need control. Ultra CC build, in my opinion, will lose to ultra DPS simply by hastening runs. Party won't be waiting till mobs die from wizard eventually.
    Second. Defence is completely useless stat for wizard. No need to improve it by enchants or rings/belt/neck. Better take epic belt with crit/arp and socket it with flat HP. Wizard is a DPS class, so it will be a glass cannon or lose in efficiency. Dead wizard is a simply bad wizard with high ping or some hand problems.
    Third. I farming CN with 3k recovery and repel on tab slot. I have enough AP to cast AS and repel mobs to the ledge. So if I'm able to do it, than others are able to do it. I even equipped pyro rings to drop recovery from 3500 to ~3200 and get more crit.
    BTW, 3 DPS wizards in HV melt down draco in a few minutes. Try this with you ultra control wizard :)

I've actually got a video we're we do exactly that, 3 hv wiz, 1 tr 1 dc, 3min dracolich kill sitting on my hard drive.

I outdps 99.9% of pure dps spec CWs.

The absolutely best played, best geared ones I know who have perfect vorpal vs my lesser plague fire, so far managed at best 15% better then me.

And yea if I was 100% hard core about wizards and only wizards, id actually have both. Personally prefer melee most of the time so I play my GF whenever possible - just this game hates GF in PvE, so i rolled up a Cw, and a type of CW thats more critical to the question of "win or fail" .. is the dps one better for "efficiency at all costs?" sure. But thats not the best battle plan.

What you severely are failing at here is the fact player skill trumps every single minor character difference. And even if the two builds are played identically as if by flawless military androids, the dps difference is very meager - around 10% tops in same gear.

And no, dead wizards are a very common thing in this game, as most players aren't all gaming gods like yourself.

Make recommendations for the masses if you want to be a good leader. Making them for the top skilled players is utterly futile. Top tier players
    A) Don't ask for advice
    B) Often don't take it well

The masses ask for advice. They can take it well.

The masses need defense. They don't group with 4 other great players like us.
    When I run with my A team, I could take off all my defense gear and get by fine too.

I much prefer having a set I can run with a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> pug cleric and still survive. thats my preference. Thats a good recommendation for others. Thats the bottom line.
    -Group tools in dire need of improvement, please read and reply to improve our community.
    Characters (Dragon): Axer (60 Guardian, Leader of Crush It!), Controller (60 Wizard), Warlocker (60 Warlock)
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    copticone wrote: »
    I was able to pull through impossible odds with 11% lifesteal, that I am positive similar amount in Defense would have failed. In a run where I am doing 20mil damage, that's 2mil in lifesteal. Sure much of that is overheal, but so are DCs heals.

DC heals in the most difficult conten are equally as useless as lifesteal.

DCs played at there best are about preventing damage. That's something they can stack with defense. Lifesteal doesn't stack with that.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Yes, I'm actually using the ancient ring of undeath something that gives me 154 crit, arpen, and rec. I slotted a rank 5 Radiant. Dunno if I'm correct, but I think HP enchantments are better than defense. HP just reduces the chance of me getting killed in 1 hit. I did some calculations and I think it's true. :O

It's semi true with full vizier set buffs, at around ~2500 defense, HP runes are like +1.5% hp, while defense runes drop to like 1% or less.

At much lower, pre vizier buff, defense runes can give over 1.5-2%. Thus why I recommend a mix of both.

Defense keeps you up for when your drunk and get a big initial hit before you get any cc off. Extra hp does when your got the cc off, but the cleric mis-timed his hallowed ground. Both have purpose.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I outdps 99.9% of pure dps spec CWs.

The absolutely best played, best geared ones I know who have perfect vorpal vs my lesser plague fire, so far managed at best 15% better then me.
    In instances like Karrundaxx or Mad Dragon? Otherwise, who first casted shield or repel, they are first DPS.
  • Options
    pfft2pfft2 Member Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    DCs played at there best are about preventing damage. That's something they can stack with defense. Lifesteal doesn't stack with that.

Mitigation makes heals of all types -- DC heals, potions, lifesteal, regen -- more effective. And vice-versa. Mitigation doesn't stack with heals in the same way that it stacks with itself, but there's absolutely a compounded benefit if you combine them:

A 1,000 point heal at 10% mitigation works out to an effective heal of 1000 / (1 - 0.1) = 1,111 HP.

A 1,000 point heal at 20% mitigation works out to an effective heal of 1000 / (1 - 0.2) = 1250 HP.

Now increase the heal to 2,000 points, and at 10% mitigation our effective health recovery rises to 2,222, which is, needless to say, much much higher than the 1,250 we got from doubling our mitigation.

(Increases in mitigation become more and more efficient as total mitigation rises. For example, going from 70-80% mitigation increases your survivability by about 50%, whereas an increase from 10-20% in mitigation only increases your survivability by about 12.5%. A Cleric's Astral Shield can potentially put a Fighter at the 80% damage-resistance cap, and so increasing Defense to that point is definitely worthwhile for Fighters, but for Wizards the question is murkier.)

Ideally, you want both mitigation and health recovery. As it happens, we all have access to a fair amount of the latter through potions. The appeal of Lifesteal on an offensive class, though, is that it gives you a defensive reward for standing your ground and attacking (and/or controlling). A Wizard running for his life can't do anything useful.

Granted, the Lifesteal stat doesn't scale particularly well. No sane gearing strategy will give you much more than about 15% in Lifesteal; most sane gearing strategies would leave you at 11% or less. But if, in an emergency situation, you can pop a Shield pulse to hit ~10 targets for about 5k, then you not only knock the enemies away (which buys you a tiny bit of time), but at 11% lifesteal you also recover about 5.5k HP, which is probably about 1/4 of your health bar (and roughly 70% of a potion).

All of that said, I think GWFs benefit most from Lifesteal, because they can make themselves CC immune on a regular basis. The stand-your-ground-and-attack-to-get-heals strategy only works on a Wizard up until the moment at which you're knocked on your backside. For a GWF, Lifesteal is (partial) license to ignore red patches. Wizards still gotta get the bleep outta dodge, and that would remain more-or-less true even if you could give a Wizard 100% lifesteal.

And yeah, it goes without saying that none of this defensive discussion applies to a super-coordinated uber-guild-team situation. I'm sure there are people who can clear CN naked, but that's not relevant to a game-mechanics' discussion. Lifesteal and Defense are tools for people who want the best chance of success in sub-optimal conditions.