test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Fresh 60 TR lookin for some advice

kgrizzle22kgrizzle22 Member Posts: 111 Arc User
edited July 2013 in The Thieves' Den
So my first character (TR) just hit 60. I'm sure there are lots of threads like these but some seem pretty old and possibly out dated.

I'm curious what I can do with my weakk~5k gear score? I only have like 70k AD from leveling, I'd possibly buy some Zen but I don't even know what kind of gear to look for.

I will most likely be doing more PvP than PvE but would like to be viable in both. Which lvl 60 dungeons can I run off the bat? (It is a Dungeon Delve right now so I'd like to hop right into one for the bonus).
Post edited by kgrizzle22 on

Comments

• Options
    aaronjfaaronjf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    If you want just buy gear, many rogues seem to go for the swash set.. You might get a piece or two with your 70k. I would personally run the epic Craig, Tower, Idris a few times until you get your t1. Then work toward your t2 goodies from karr/pirates, then after that you should be sufficient to do spider or spell plague. If you don't want to mess w/ much t1, you can buy starter epic armor/rings/neck weaps for your 70k or less.
  • Options
    xunxanxunxan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Another route is to go into PvP and win glory for Battlefield Scavenger set. The TR set from PvP domination is pretty good. Gives you +400 life steal for 2 piece, and +20% stealth meter for 4 piece. The stealth, in particular, is very useful. There are main and off hand weapons for glory also, and doesn't take very long to win glory to start buying pieces either. I think Scavenger set is very cheap to buy outright fro AH also; but you can just win the glory and...
    Use your 70k AD to get good trinkets from AH: rings, neck, waist
    Slot rank 5 enchants and should have enough GS to do earlier T2 dungeons; and definitely enough to do any T1 dungeon (actually are over geared for them at that point).

Perhaps get the trinkets from AH first, then go in and PvP for the rest.
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    OP, I'll lay it out for you how I got gear on my first 60, when I had hardly any ADs:

1. Run T1 dungeons, (namely Cragmire Crypts and Cloak Tower). They only have a 5700 GS requirement, and drop T1 gear and Unicorn seals.

2. Choose "Need" on any items you could use, and greed on other blues/purples.

3. Sell the items from the above, that you won't use, on the AH. I tend to sell for a bit less than the suggested price, for a quick sale.

4. If you can get in on a Dungeon Delve, do. They give extra items and seals at the end.

5. Look at the shirt and pants you are using, (in the gear tab, not the fashion tab). If they are under the level 50 versions, then grab a set of those - they should cost around 300 AD for a set. Hold off on getting the blue or purple quality shirt & pants for now, as they can be expensive.

6. Prioritize what pieces of gear you want to get first. For instance, I find that the Unicorn Seal vendor has decent armor, rings, and weapons, but their selection of belts and boots is kinda lacking for most classes. The dungeon delves, (again in my experience), tend to give torso armor and boots a lot, so I look to them if I need.

7. You'll often find people selling items in zone chat for gold. Gold has less utility, IMO, at level 60, (as you only need it for things like potions or injury kits), so you may be able to find some good deals there. Most T1 stuff goes for about 3-5G while T2 stuff can be 7G and up.

8. Don't underestimate enchantment and rune drops. You can get a lot form running those T1 dungeons, and if you fuse them to make R5's, they sell for 3-5K ADs on the AH. I tended to use R4s for my own stuff until I got outfitted with gear I planned on keeping for a while.

Just a note - some people trash the seal items, but I feel that they are a great and readily available source of purple items for new level 60 characters.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    parp12parp12 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    First thing you need to do is get 5700 gs to run cloak tower, cragmire and gauntlgrym. You could just get some cheap items from the AH or I'd suggest doing some pvp; it'll be tough with bad gear but it wont take too long until you can get a few pieces from the glory vendor.

Check out the different gear available here.
  • Options
    radiick507radiick507 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    What server are you on my Friend?

I have found several Level 60 TR (non-guilded) that I have helped equip with various armour, enchants (high level of course), purple companions, blue level craftsman etc....it is just the lefty winger" in me plus the more that play the game that are happy the better is the community. Please note though that I am NOT a PVP player, so I wont have anything in that field. If you are on Dragon Server, send me a PM and I will help you out. I just had someone call me "Santa" last evening simply for helping them out with some craftsmen.
  • Options
    kgrizzle22kgrizzle22 Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Thank you for the response everyone. Bought some AH pieces pretty cheap and was able to run Cragmire on a DD, didn't get anything worthwhile though. Will do some PvP and see what kind of gear I can get through that as well

Sadly I'm on Mindflayer, Radick. I've seen several people from Beholder/Dragon offer to help out too, heh =X
  • Options
    lichlamentlichlament Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Dont build stealth.... its being nerfed... just a heads up.
  • Options
    richarlesricharles Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    kgrizzle22 wrote: »
    So my first character (TR) just hit 60. I'm sure there are lots of threads like these but some seem pretty old and possibly out dated.

I'm curious what I can do with my weakk~5k gear score? I only have like 70k AD from leveling, I'd possibly buy some Zen but I don't even know what kind of gear to look for.

I will most likely be doing more PvP than PvE but would like to be viable in both. Which lvl 60 dungeons can I run off the bat? (It is a Dungeon Delve right now so I'd like to hop right into one for the bonus).

Really want an advice from an experienced player? Del your TR and quit this mmo. It will do you more harm in the long run if you continue to play any games by CRAPTIC
  • Options
    webbotwebbot Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Play a gwf, sorry for the bad news

source: 11.2k trickster
  • Options
    equilizer4equilizer4 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hey, i am in the same situation as the OP, my gear score is currently 5478 and jsut hit lvl 60 on my TR yesterday with 70k AD from leveling. i really dont want to remake because i find TR so much fun. Since the OP isnt on the dragon server and i am, maybe radick, you could help me out with my gear. Just enough so that i can start doing epic dungeons.
  • Options
    thesaminator1thesaminator1 Member Posts: 36
    edited July 2013
    In all seriousness dont waste your money on TR items right now. Start another class and play that because TR's are getting nerfed into the ground and any AD/money spent right now will probably end up wasted. Trust me I know, I spent prob 2 mil ad gearing my rogue to the point where it can run dungons and solo bosses by itself(had stone rank 7 enchants ect...). But then again its that exact reason that rogues are getting nerfed into the ground. TLDR: Save your money and roll another class.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    sigh looks like ill have to read up on GWF then
  • Options
    krozby3krozby3 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    equilizer4 wrote: »
    sigh looks like ill have to read up on GWF then

You are free to play any class you want. But real advice here my friend, if you really wanted to play TR because you love the class then do so, because if you really do, no matter what happens you'll stick to it. Try not to play a class just because it's not yet hit by nerf bat.
  • Options
    knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yes, play what you like, as nerfs will probably hit every class at one time or the other. As mentioned above, a class you really enjoy will be much easier to commit to through thick and thin.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    It's not so much playing a TR, its more of that i jsut hit lvl 60 and was excited and now it looks like TR isnt going to be wanted in lvl 60 dungeons anymore and that ill have to start all over again
  • Options
    yeruneyerune Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It's not so much playing a TR, its more of that i jsut hit lvl 60 and was excited and now it looks like TR isnt going to be wanted in lvl 60 dungeons anymore and that ill have to start all over again

I have similar worries as the other folks here about the coming nerf, I guess we're all just holding our breath (and our wallets) until we can see what damage it does on the live servers.

The domination pvp gear is actually pretty good, it extends stealth by 20%. The GG gear is an upgrade of that, 25%. It will take you a couple of matches though, but imo, it's very worth it.

Personally I've started all my classes with pvp-gear as I just don't like to enter dungeons in my greens and get one-two-shot every time.

Thing is, we just don't know how the changes will impact gameplay for the TR, and most fear for the worst (myself included). I reckon it's better to wait with tweaking your stats with enchantments and jewelry gear until that gets sorted.

And also imo, it's not the class that brings the benefit to the group, it's the player. Fight smart and you'll make friends, no worries.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I was thinking of using the battlefield set as a starting set to help run dungeons, my only concern is that none of the gear gives power while every other set does. wouldnt this drastically lower my dmg output?
  • Options
    utuwerutuwer Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I was thinking of using the battlefield set as a starting set to help run dungeons, my only concern is that none of the gear gives power while every other set does. wouldnt this drastically lower my dmg output?

Nope, it will not. If you are afraid of lacking of power, you can slot few rank 5-6 radiant enchantments since they are pretty cheap. Also, Armor penetration stat on PvP weapons can be considered as the replacement of power stat. Anyway, t1 pvp set is recommended for any fresh 60.

In t1 dungeons, as long as you are not dead and keep flurry on mobs and boss, your damage would be very decent or even better than any other classes. Thus, do not worry much about dmg output.
    You say 4v5 is impossible? Cool story bro.
  • Options
    knarsistknarsist Member Posts: 86
    edited July 2013
    utuwer wrote: »
    as long as you are not dead and keep flurry on mobs and boss

Actually, that's the rogue nerf that hurts the most. We won't be able to stay up. Well, I guess we'll see, but I don't think so.
  • Options
    getoneshotgetoneshot Member Posts: 86
    edited July 2013
    The upcoming Rogue nerf will hurt PvE Rogues the most. New, fresh level 60 Rogues are completely screwed if they go through with what they did to Rogues on the test server. They basically nerfed PvE Rogues' overall damage output by 20-25%, after they've already nerfed our PvE damage by roughly the same amount once before.

On top of all of this, they're also destroying Rogues' ability to attack in stealth, so stealth will only be a tool to open with an Encounter such as Lashing Blade to always make it crit and use stealth to run away/hide in PvP. It will no longer be the class' main feature that we've all been accustomed to and what this class' paragon path was built upon, along with gears they've designed for us. Rogues will basically be a squishy single-target damage Fighter class with less OP CCs, less AoE capability, and much lower Defense.

If you're a newbie Rogue, I highly suggest you wait to see if they go through with the class-destroying nerfs before grinding / paying for gear. Veteran Rogues who are already geared up will have to make adjustments to still do good damage in PvE and will find new ways to still own people in PvP, but newbie Rogues won't stand a chance in both PvE or PvP. If they do go through with this patch and you're a newbie Rogue, reroll into a CW, GF, or GWF for PvE and a GWF or GF for PvP. Sorry to say, but you've wasted time on leveling a Rogue to 60.
  • Options
    webbotwebbot Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It's going to be hard as heck being a fresh level 60. My friend provided me with full swash and rest near bis and still wasn't easy in pvp. It's better now with full rank 7's but still games where I just shake my head in disbelief that it will get worse.