test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

General problem with some quests. Help needed.

docterrydocterry Member Posts: 47 Arc User
edited July 2013 in PvE Discussion
I have a quest, "The Underscar", which says "Enter the Underscar and slay the Shepherd of the Damned." However, I have no idea how to start. I am level 33 so have successfully completed quite a lot of quests--but this one has me stumped.

QUEST PATH is checked, but no path is shown.
MAP does not give any indication where this location may be.
CITY GATE does not show any town where this quest is active.

This has happened once or twice before and I merely abandoned the quest, but I suspect I may be missing something. (Please don't ask how/where I got the quest--can't remember)
Post edited by docterry on

Comments

• epixcomixepixcomix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    docterry wrote: »
    I have a quest, "The Underscar", which says "Enter the Underscar and slay the Shepherd of the Damned." However, I have no idea how to start. I am level 33 so have successfully completed quite a lot of quests--but this one has me stumped.

This has happened once or twice before and I merely abandoned the quest, but I suspect I may be missing something. (Please don't ask how/where I got the quest--can't remember)

Not familiar with the quest personally, but is this a foundry quest or a regular one? Have you tried going into your journal and reading the entry? (J for journal)
  • elyrielleelyrielle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Shepard of the Damned sounds familiar, think it's a stock quest. The map should have a diamond that when you mouse over displays the # of the quest in your log.
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Check minimal Quest list...
    if it shows a solid yellow arrow - it's in the zone you are in. If it shows a red arrow it's EITHER in another zone (look for yellow diamond in overland map) OR it's a skirmish or dungeon type thing you have to queue for.
  • docterrydocterry Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    epixcomix wrote: »
    Not familiar with the quest personally, but is this a foundry quest or a regular one? Have you tried going into your journal and reading the entry? (J for journal)

Yes, I've thoroughly checked the Journal (forgot to include it in list of things done.) It expands on the brief summary I gave, but no clue as to which map I should be on.
    edited May 2013
    elyrielle wrote: »
    Shepard of the Damned sounds familiar, think it's a stock quest. The map should have a diamond that when you mouse over displays the # of the quest in your log.

Yes, but which map?
    When at Prospectors Enclave the map is so busy, it difficult to find a diamond. I have been on a couple of other maps, but nothing shows.
    edited May 2013
    Check minimal Quest list...
    if it shows a solid yellow arrow - it's in the zone you are in. If it shows a red arrow it's EITHER in another zone (look for yellow diamond in overland map) OR it's a skirmish or dungeon type thing you have to queue for.
    Not sure what you mean by minimal quest list? I have a list in the Journal, and a list that displays on the screen. I don't see any arrows next to any quests.

Oh, woe is me!
  • elawynelawyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • fuzzycheffuzzychef Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think that one is in a sewer in helm's hold. The entrance is a grate in a sort of pit area inside the town.
  • tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just hate the breadcrumbs in the zone with the caldera, where they go right into a wall, and the paths you can take to try and find where it is supposed to go are narrow and filled with giants. :\
  • jmbrewerjmbrewer Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    docterry wrote: »

It is a zone that can be entered from Helm's Hold.
  • razzi25razzi25 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    thank you - i had this quest too and did not know where the heck it was. A combination of this thread and this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPa8m4g4Hcc got me where i needed to be. Your right, there is nothing indicated on the main map from the gates to this quest and the path doesnt show up until your in the right region. The underscar IS in helms hold! :) thankx.