test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

GF should have a ranged attack

jintortlejintortle Member Posts: 655 Arc User
edited July 2013 in The Militia Barracks
I feel that GF should have some sort of ranged attack maybe a crossbow or something in the "TAB" button instead of the Mark that is there - during solo play I honestly hate the tab button it seems useless and weak, but I would like to occasionally just shoot something from afar.

I know some will disagree - but all comments welcome.

It is a discussion I am after.
Genus Draco Fad and the Muster@Jintortle
ID: NW-DD5FLOBTJ
Cult of the Dragon Foundry Contest - Please participate and vote for your favourite - 26/6/2014 contest rating begins.

Sir Camps A Lot. Mr SlingShot Boom. XX Phantasmagorical. Jinn Dragonfeast.
SlingShot Boom Jr. Jocan Traders. Little Lord Forgatty, Dwarf Mean and introducing Necro Torquemada (The Warlock)
Post edited by jintortle on

Comments

• chudovishyechudovishye Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    You are sure to get pounded. GFs are supposed to take damage, give damage, and annoy people by knocking them over in PvP. Why in the hell would you give them anything ranged? It's absolutely against what they even are. Why not just give everyone a crossbow? You could from 1st ed. AD&D on if you learned it, so why not? Play a CW if you want range.
  • tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Why not just give everyone a crossbow? You could from 1st ed. AD&D on if you learned it, so why not? Play a CW if you want range.
    Why stop at a crossbow? Why not a rocket propelled chainsaw?
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • sfxer001sfxer001 Member Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Play a CW if you want range.

Or play a rogue. They have better ranged damage than a CW and are also invisible.
  • lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    jintortle wrote: »
    I feel that GF should have some sort of ranged attack maybe a crossbow or something in the "TAB" button instead of the Mark that is there - during solo play I honestly hate the tab button it seems useless and weak, but I would like to occasionally just shoot something from afar.

I guess it depends on what you want to ranged attack to do... If you want to pull with it, then the mark does fine. If you want to DPS from range I think you are better off playing a different character.
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    jintortle wrote: »

It's an interesting idea, giving the GF a loaded crossbow to take a shot every little while. That being said, why? We already have exceptionally effective gap closers that help make up for our lack of speed as well as some very effective ranged encounters and dailies. If you want to have deadly ranged attacks, use things like crushing pin to make Frontline Surge and Terrifying Impact even more effective.
    sfxer001 wrote: »
    Or play a rogue. They have better ranged damage than a CW and are also invisible.

Neither one of those is true. Have you played a TR yet?
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• gyridhgyridh Member Posts: 34
    edited July 2013
    rabbinicus wrote: »
    It's an interesting idea, giving the GF a loaded crossbow to take a shot every little while. That being said, why? We already have exceptionally effective gap closers that help make up for our lack of speed as well as some very effective ranged encounters and dailies. If you want to have deadly ranged attacks, use things like crushing pin to make Frontline Surge and Terrifying Impact even more effective.

The lack of ranged skills can be very annoying at boss fights. When you have to run out of an AoE around the boss, you just lounge about doing nothing, while nearly every other character can build aggro in the meantime.
    I think most of you are speaking about pvp, where there's indeed no need for ranged GF attacks.
  • rectaltraumarectaltrauma Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    your dumb... broken gf go away
  • trollgretrollgre Member Posts: 297
    edited July 2013
    GF are under powered
    this is how tanks are supposed to be
    Syrian+Arab+Army+T-72+Syrian+Buk-M2E+surface+top+air+missile+anti+air+craft+guns+main+battel+tank+%25281%2529.jpg
  • petpet2petpet2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    why do people pick a class, then whine about it and asking devs to develop a character into their own demands...

if you want range, pick a ranged character. beats me why you picked a GF....
  • jintortlejintortle Member Posts: 655 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    gyridh wrote: »
    The lack of ranged skills can be very annoying at boss fights. When you have to run out of an AoE around the boss, you just lounge about doing nothing, while nearly every other character can build aggro in the meantime.
    I think most of you are speaking about pvp, where there's indeed no need for ranged GF attacks.

That is what I am saying: We get a life sucker in PVE and we what - we casually walk (because we can not run) out of the red marked danger zone and wait 30 minutes (being sarcastic) for him to stop spewing ****e all over the place and what - so we can just wait casually by and wait while encounters recharge - you missed the point - I want to hurt the MFK.
    Genus Draco Fad and the Muster@Jintortle
    ID: NW-DD5FLOBTJ
    Cult of the Dragon Foundry Contest - Please participate and vote for your favourite - 26/6/2014 contest rating begins.

Sir Camps A Lot. Mr SlingShot Boom. XX Phantasmagorical. Jinn Dragonfeast.
    SlingShot Boom Jr. Jocan Traders. Little Lord Forgatty, Dwarf Mean and introducing Necro Torquemada (The Warlock)
  • kidbskidbs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 294
    edited July 2013
    We have a ranged attack... it's called lunging strike. Not to mention we have an at-will that lets you constantly charge targets. GWFs and GFs are next in line for the nerfbat whining so you would do well not to ask for something silly.
  • rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Are we talking about the same class here?
    When your AoE skills are on cooldown, you charge the boss or adds and hit them. A lot. Lunging Strike is a great gap closer as is Threatening Rush. Those two alone let GF's chase down enemies even if we do run about a quickly as you would expect someone in full plate and packing a shield to run...
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• trollgretrollgre Member Posts: 297
    edited July 2013
    hes talking about ranged attacks like frontline surge can be used even when youre far from boss
  • dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013

Please tell me which Bosses you are having to "lounge" around doing nothing to help your party? Sound more like you are a bad GF and should reroll.

Even on 3rd boss in CN I'm still able to spam Knights Valor & Fray while lunging and attacking boss/trash.