test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Event Boxes, Dungeon Trash

veruganverugan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 100
edited August 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Nobody likes dungeon trash, well some may but they are sick in the head. Anyway, I am not one of those people. I did however uncharacteristically grind the heck out of foundries for the Tymora gift boxes. While doing so it occurred to me, this is exactly what dungeon trash needs. A small chance to drop something that has a chance at providing something useful. Maybe not Dragon Eggs for rewards, but something worth maybe 500-2000k AD, or even potions/kits/crafting mats. Just an idea.
Post edited by verugan on

Comments

• parp12parp12 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    They already do drop potions, kits and crafting mats.
  • walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    parp12 wrote: »

they drop absolute <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, which is why players continue to find new ways to skip 99% of them.

rank 4 enchants, green crafting mats, and potions you can buy for a few copper? woop tee dooo!

how about dropping rank 6-7 enchants, how about doing it more than 1 out of 500 mobs? how about dropping blue and purple crafting mats/resources? how about wards? how about a rare chance to drop T1/T2 loot? how about ANY thing worth a darn?
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    walk2k wrote: »
    they drop absolute <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, which is why players continue to find new ways to skip 99% of them.

rank 4 enchants, green crafting mats, and potions you can buy for a few copper? woop tee dooo!

how about dropping rank 6-7 enchants, how about doing it more than 1 out of 500 mobs? how about dropping blue and purple crafting mats/resources? how about wards? how about a rare chance to drop T1/T2 loot? how about ANY thing worth a darn?

They do drop blue loots and crafting materials, and even dragon eggs during the profession event. If you weren't an exploiter you'd know that. ;)

T2 Sets from trash? What did you smoke? :cool:
  • yellowperilyellowperil Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Would be nice to know if mobs would ever drop (worth while) items, as this would then in turn re-populate areas that once visited are never seen again....
    edited July 2013

Don't have a go at me, I didn't ask for these things, I merely pointed out that they already drop.
  • veruganverugan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 100
    edited July 2013

Yeah, but beyond that. I'm open to suggestions since that was conveniently left out of your post.
  • thorizdenthorizden Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    diogene0 wrote: »
    They do drop blue loots and crafting materials, and even dragon eggs during the profession event. If you weren't an exploiter you'd know that. ;)

T2 Sets from trash? What did you smoke? :cool:

Probably the same thing you did before you posted this abusive (and absurd) BS.
    edited July 2013
    verugan wrote: »
    Yeah, but beyond that. I'm open to suggestions since that was conveniently left out of your post.
    What are you on about? I pointed out that part of what you were asking for is already there. I don't have to answer everything you said if I don't care to. I didn't find it particularly convenient or otherwise.
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    how about dropping blue and purple crafting mats/resources? how about wards? how about a rare chance to drop T1/T2 loot? how about ANY thing worth a darn?

T1/T2 loot from trash mobs? How dumb are you?
  • ravisanaravisana Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'd like to see more craft material drops, and maybe...
    I don't know. would it be dumb to make a set of items that only drop in foundry quests? or... like blackdagger insignias. only you trade them in at a new vendor for something.. maybe a new fashion headpiece... or for harder to get crafting materials...
  • rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited July 2013

While I would like to see epic monsters in epic dungeons drop enchants higher than rank 4, the fact that normal monsters in encounter zones drop useful crafting materials and rank 3/4 enchants has been great. Sure, it takes a very long time to make a higher level enchant (I think I haven't made anything past a rank 8 yet) but it does give you something to look forward to and keep building out. As cool as it might be for a while to max out a character's equipment, you need to keep working for something. :)
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• veruganverugan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 100
    edited July 2013
    What are you on about? I pointed out that part of what you were asking for is already there. I don't have to answer everything you said if I don't care to. I didn't find it particularly convenient or otherwise.

Oh you didn't read my post closely enough, it's ok it happens a lot. I will point out the part you misunderstood.

"A small chance to drop something that has a chance at providing something useful. Maybe not Dragon Eggs for rewards, but something worth maybe 500-2000k AD, or even potions/kits/crafting mats. Just an idea."

So like a gift box full of stuff (ala Tymora's) that drops useful stuff and maybe an extra seal or some other item. This is different than the normal junk they drop.
    edited July 2013
    verugan wrote: »
    Oh you didn't read my post closely enough, it's ok it happens a lot. I will point out the part you misunderstood.

"A small chance to drop something that has a chance at providing something useful. Maybe not Dragon Eggs for rewards, but something worth maybe 500-2000k AD, or even potions/kits/crafting mats. Just an idea."

So like a gift box full of stuff (ala Tymora's) that drops useful stuff and maybe an extra seal or some other item. This is different than the normal junk they drop.

I see your distinction now, sorry I'm guilty of skim reading. It doesn't really make any difference as they're already things which have a chance to drop, why gift wrap what's already there. Maybe it would make more sense if your gift type thing had something ultra rare, or more commonly those, but it still doesn't make sense to give another way of getting the common stuff which can already drop directly.

I do like the box idea however. The anticipation that goes alone with opening these when there's a chance of getting something worthwhile is definately a carrot to dangle. I dunno, maybe it doesn't matter if you've two ways of getting something. Or just just have one of those items which sells for 30 silver or so that you can pick up now and again, but make it a gold at least.

Doubt it'll happen mind.
  • entrepostoentreposto Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Just ran through epic Karrundax with all the trash skipping techniques. At first I was mildly annoyed but then I decided to think of it as a jumping puzzle, which can itself be fun. If Cryptic isn't planning on adjusting the dungeons for these methods could they just make them clearly legit by eliminating the intentional deaths by providing safe end points where these jumping puzzles end? The really lame fun-less parts though were the boss exploits.