test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Fool's Crown of Neverwinter transmutation (IMO)

arcmoon99arcmoon99 Member Posts: 499 Arc User
edited March 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
So I won about 6 of those crowns out of the many Gift of Tymora boxes I opened, and I feel like I just won a scam lol.

"You can make your helm look just like this crown all for just a down payment of 80,000 Astral Diamond!"

This isn't a reward if I have to pay for it.

Couldn't you of atleast made it transmute for free, or a discount? A fashion item? Some moderately good stats?
Arc, proud officer of Novus Ordo
bannernwf_zps00ed5b05.jpg
New to the game? Check out my build guide to give you an idea on how to set up your characters!
Post edited by arcmoon99 on

Comments

• Options
    parp12parp12 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    edit: nm, I thought I was elsewhere
  • Options
    aaronjfaaronjf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I agree. I was quite disappointed. I was hoping it would at least have the option to be in the costume area. It doesn't even look that nice imo. No where nice enough to drop a ton of ad for a transmorg.. Oh well, all in all, I liked the event. Too bad it had to end though :(
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    yeah i'm not sure i understand the logic behind making these crowns epic with no stats and bound on pickup. knowing that people would be farming for the gift boxes, too. unless there is some future use of them... this is worse than the gloomwrought boxes.
  • Options
    darminiondarminion Member Posts: 35
    edited July 2013
    Wait, wait... You have to pay a ****ton of AD to have the item be more than just a disappointing cosmetic item? =|

I spent several hours of my life for THAT?
  • Options
    brainzoopbrainzoop Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Weeeellll that sucks... guess I'm back to hoping for astral diamonds....
  • Options
    marc5ivermarc5iver Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    What is there to do with all of the extra ones except "discard"? Cannot even sell them to the market for 1 copper.
  • Options
    silveralucardsilveralucard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 410 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    yes hope you will be able to sell it but no Xd nothing just discard them i still have mine in the inventory who know and they make them to be able to sell or activate the salvager and we have more AD
    Everything works out in the end . If it hasn't worked out yet, it isn't the end...
  • Options
    labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hey don't feel bad , I was opening boxes on my 60 until I found out they were bound . I NEEDED one on my level 4 watch the bazaar toon . Got to look good while shopping . I did get a bunch of starter potions :(
  • Options
    chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited July 2013
    Well... the crown is like...a taunt.. it's like they saying "nyeah nyeah.. so you got something purple and rare but it's worthless".
  • Options
    powereddjinnpowereddjinn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Well... the crown is like...a taunt.. it's like they saying "nyeah nyeah.. so you got something purple and rare but it's worthless".

Like a 'Nightmare Lockbox' purple but not really rare :D
  • Options
    ravisanaravisana Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    mhm. it is called a FOOLS crown of neverwinter for a reason. like fools gold. I DO wish it was a fashion item though
  • Options
    duthgar1976duthgar1976 Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    i believe the crown was just cryptics way of trolling the players =)
  • Options
    milkbonedogmilkbonedog Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    arcmoon99 wrote: »
    This isn't a reward if I have to pay for it.

Couldn't you of atleast made it transmute for free, or a discount? A fashion item? Some moderately good stats?

I have to disagree and take PWE's side for once. Sure you have to pay to transmute the crown, but you probably got more than enough rough AD from the boxes you opened for free to cover the cost many times over. This is one event I will not complain about. Many of the items were <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, but it was free <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and they gave out free AD (it will just take a few days to convert all of it).

When I first saw the event dropped boxes I thought it was another way to suck money from us by getting people to buy keys to open them. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised to see they actually gave us something that cost us nothing.

Now we just have to convince PWE to add those pots to alchemy so we can create them ourselves (and not at a 1 pot per 7 hour rate). That would make alchemy useful.
  • Options
    megendramegendra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I have to disagree and take PWE's side for once. Sure you have to pay to transmute the crown, but you probably got more than enough rough AD from the boxes you opened for free to cover the cost many times over.

The description of the item says: "free appearence change" so , why is it NOT free? And NO, i did not get enough rough AD to cover the cost, in this days maybe i've got 4000 AD from the boxes and the apperance change cost 50k
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    This post is from the first time the event was run , you are replying to a post somebody made almost 8 months ago...
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    the transmute is supposed to be free but is currently bugged. the devs are aware of this and we'll probably see this fixed in an upcoming patch. i believe this will also include crowns from the last tymora's gift event.

however since this thread is ancient, we're going to put it back to bed. say goodnight, thread.
This discussion has been closed.