test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

So, Rangers?

jedidethfreak823jedidethfreak823 Member Posts: 223 Arc User
edited July 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Anything? Or is this going to be like Klingon PvE, where we gotta wait three years to get what should have been at launch?
Post edited by jedidethfreak823 on

Comments

• Options
    vrtesseractvrtesseract Member Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    its one of those you must learn patience ed greuberman things.

all they have done is say a "Ranged" class was coming up. It is not looking like it will be in faywild. and they are avoiding all questions regarding it. My hope is they are trying to get it right so its not unbalanced or nerfy like the other classes were. I am sure it will be anyhow because no plan survives contact with the enemy.
  • Options
    vch1970vch1970 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I am waiting on rangers also. I hope it wont too long of a wait.
  • Options
    enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I think a % update on Ranger is acceptable. Not done yet? That's fine just wanna know where Devs feel its at.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited July 2013
    There's no new class coming out with the Fury of the Feywild.

Hasn't really been avoided. It's been answered many times just most people haven't seen the answer. ;)
  • Options
    ladymythosladymythos Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 637 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    It won't be before Module 1 (Fury of the Feywild), but it'll be before (or in) Module 2. I'd say a month or two after Module 1. Also, my crystal ball says we'll discuss it approximately three hundred times before then. Give or take five times. :p And as a bonus trivial, someone will be disappointed at the new class. What class? Irrelevant.
  • Options
    valetudo78valetudo78 Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    You do realize the range striker they are making is going to ruin the rogue.
  • Options
    kaiserschmarrnkaiserschmarrn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 390
    edited July 2013
    I think we can consider ourselves lucky if we get a new class before 2013 ends.

Have you followed the production cycle of this game ? This was planned as a single player action rpg before it became an mmo and has been shuffled around a lot. I wonder if they have anyone of the original team left who knows the code or if they are just fumbling around with the leftovers.

No more cash for Zen from me til we get at least more paragon options, warlocks and rangers.
  • Options
    ladymythosladymythos Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 637 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Says a Hero of the North... :p
    valetudo78 wrote: »
    Yes, I do realize a lot of people like to complain about things they know nothing about. How can a class we don't know about ruin one of the existing classes that's getting a big update soon?
  • Options
    kaiserschmarrnkaiserschmarrn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 390
    edited July 2013
    If the current preview patch goes through then the Rogue won't have a single good daily left. It will be hard to ruin that class even more.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Considering the TR is godlike now, I think a big nerf is more than welcome.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Not considering that the game is very new, and they are balancing (or nerfing, if you will) one class at a time. But yeah, this is a bit off-topic. We can discuss it again when you complain that they nerf the next class instead.

On-topic: Rangers will be overpowered when they are released (so please don't act surprised and start complaining when you try one for yourself), but that's simply because getting them right the first time is impossible. The alternative is to make them underwhelming, but then no one will play them. Better to have them a bit too powerful, then nerf them until they are perfect, while boosting the other classes to match them. It happens every time, yet people are always surprised. Sigh... don't you guys ever learn?
  • Options
    raddatackraddatack Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    All I ever see is people complaining about how they haven't released a new class yet. Everyone needs to understand that making a character takes time. Then you have to work out the bugs. They really need to focus on adding paragon paths and more content before new characters.
    search%3Fq%3Ddungeons%2Band%2Bdragons%2Blogo%26tbm%3Disch%26tbo%3Du&zoom=1&q=dungeons+and+dragons+logo&usg=__h0EtYmMBvby3i0RqIk3wKubdfTU=&docid=2eAJThLCmGZbCM&sa=X&ei=35r_Uac9ldzgA9fsgJgJ&ved=0CC4Q9QEwAA&dur=295
  • Options
    raddatackraddatack Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    huckafour wrote: »
    strange then that the other godlike classes (GWF, GF) arent nerfed either, isnt it?

at topic:
    when rangers comes out, they either will suck balls or share the fate of the rogues and get a big nerf after all the pvp bads start whining about them...good thing though cause then theyll have a new target for their whine and thus rogues will be stopped getting destroyed even more

You seem to be whining about GWF and GF being godlike. Rogues had it coming from day 1. Don't cry because they're fixing a class.
    search%3Fq%3Ddungeons%2Band%2Bdragons%2Blogo%26tbm%3Disch%26tbo%3Du&zoom=1&q=dungeons+and+dragons+logo&usg=__h0EtYmMBvby3i0RqIk3wKubdfTU=&docid=2eAJThLCmGZbCM&sa=X&ei=35r_Uac9ldzgA9fsgJgJ&ved=0CC4Q9QEwAA&dur=295
  • Options
    veruganverugan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 100
    edited July 2013
    valetudo78 wrote: »

And people who thought CW was a ranged striker instead of control will most likely switch.
  • Options
    veruganverugan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 100
    edited July 2013
    raddatack wrote: »
    All I ever see is people complaining about how they haven't released a new class yet. Everyone needs to understand that making a character takes time. Then you have to work out the bugs. They really need to focus on adding paragon paths and more content before new characters.

I don't know any MMO that released new class(es) this early to launch. I mean officially the game has been out what, a month or so?
  • Options
    t3hpzt3hpz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Dont expect classes or anything anytime soon.
    @Sominator They actually working on classes and such for NW or does everyone dodge it cause they are clueless on them? Former or latter?
    @traxCody more like nothing to announce yet!

Which is just a nice way of "WE HAVE NO CLUE!"
  • Options
    lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Anything? Or is this going to be like Klingon PvE, where we gotta wait three years to get what should have been at launch?

I hope that Cryptic focuses on making the existing classes more enjoyable, new paragon paths, etc before adding additional classes to Neverwinter.
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • Options
    manholiomanholio Member Posts: 493 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    If the current preview patch goes through then the Rogue won't have a single good daily left. It will be hard to ruin that class even more.

THIS. Rogue is already ruined.

My only hope for the Ranger class is that I enjoy it enough to be motivated to grindout a decent gearset for it, as my Main is about to be nerfed into the ground, and I don't really care for any other class at the moment.
  • Options
    partl999partl999 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Comming back after several months, and still no ranger in sight? Well, thats very disappointing, and makes me cancel the download at once.
    "Medieval-Fantasy" without bows&arrows? Really? Guess i am not the only one, waiting so hard for it, making me quit that game... and its not even gonna get implemented with next major update?
    I am ... disturbed.