test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Request] GWF Sentinel PVP Build

inexgravinexgrav Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2013 in The Militia Barracks
Only for pvp..

Anyone can do this for me ? (Human race)

http://nwcalc.com/
pukmp.jpg
Post edited by inexgrav on

Comments

• inexgravinexgrav Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    anyone ???
    pukmp.jpg
  • dwellervaultdwellervault Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Well I could use some advice as well, this is my pseudo build here for feats. I'm torn between vicious advantage and great weapon focus. VA seems better to me since it affects everything, but you also won't have combat advantage all the time either in pvp.

Unstoppable recovery is nice to stack with either the pvp sets that grant healing for popping unstoppable or the later sets with a lot of passive regen on them. I'd thought about going with great weapon focus and taking some disciple of war with the regen/recovery armor sets, but it's not much armor pen and you have student of the sword anyway. I realize SoS is not the same as armor pen as there are damage resistance effects not from defense (such as DC buffs) but you're still punching through a bunch of mitigation and whatever armor pen you get from jewelry, etc seems sufficient.

For encounters, I run with flourish, takedown, and either restoring strike or IBS depending on if there is a healer or not. Definitely always run with bravery passive and again depending on group make-up either steel defense (5 second damage immunity with no healer is good stuff) or steel grace if there are a lot of CWs or weapon master for more damage.
  • copticonecopticone Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Well I could use some advice as well, this is my pseudo build here for feats. I'm torn between vicious advantage and great weapon focus.

If purely for PvP, I would take Stunning Flourish. That 1 second makes a huge difference, not to mention the 5% crit.
    Check out my personal Nerf Proof T2 Thaumaturge Build.
    edited July 2013
    I get the 1 second is a long time in pvp, but I don't want to use the cheesy stunlock build or anything. I've read people use it so they can land takedown after flourish, but I've had no problems landing takedown without stunning flourish. Also, VA gives 5% crit for everything. Matter of preference, I guess.
  • inexgravinexgrav Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    i think 7x tenebrous ench doesnt need crit severity or crit change feats?
    pukmp.jpg
    edited July 2013
    inexgrav wrote: »

Who the hell has 7 tenes? Not me, I know that. I don't have one.
  • reagan247reagan247 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Who the hell has 7 tenes? Not me, I know that. I don't have one.

Someone that spent a few hundred dollars exchanging them out for Astral Diamonds... No one playing for free will have 1, let alone 7.
    inexgrav wrote: »

What's the point of asking for a good Sentinel build if you can just buy that many tenes? Just pump more money into +HP items and be done with it - then add points into every Sentinel feat. There's your build. You're already going to out-gear every if you're going to spend that much money on stuff.
    sigpic2531278_1.gif
    If you need an account, click here to sign up.
  • chudovishyechudovishye Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Look for a Mindflayer player named TankMode, I'm pretty sure he uses such a build.
    edited July 2013
    I get the 1 second is a long time in pvp, but I don't want to use the cheesy stunlock build or anything.

1sec stun on flourish is cheesy? So I take it you're not going for the Ultimate SUPER cheesy Sentinel + HP stacks + Tenebs.
    edited July 2013
    copticone wrote: »
    1sec stun on flourish is cheesy? So I take it you're not going for the Ultimate SUPER cheesy Sentinel + HP stacks + Tenebs.

Didn't I say I have no tenes? Plus if you have 7 tenes, what does it matter what class or build you are? You win. And no, I'm not planning on droppng $100 bucks or whatever on a free game just to get tenes.
  • getoneshotgetoneshot Member Posts: 86
    edited July 2013
    reagan247 wrote: »
    Someone that spent a few hundred dollars exchanging them out for Astral Diamonds... No one playing for free will have 1, let alone 7.

Actually, a lot of people who knew how ridiculously OP Tene stacking was early on, before the general public found out about it, can have a full set or two of 7 G.Tenes without paying to win. Lesser Tenes used to be 5-10k each. Now, they're up to hundreds of thousands for 1 Lesser.

Also, there are a lot of exploiters who haven't been banned that are completely geared out without having to spend a cent in this game.
    edited July 2013
    Didn't I say I have no tenes? Plus if you have 7 tenes, what does it matter what class or build you are? You win. And no, I'm not planning on droppng $100 bucks or whatever on a free game just to get tenes.

Then there is no point in playing a Sentinel in PvP. You will do better as a Destroyer.
  • wondraswondras Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I dont see any reason why spec flourish, what would you rather have:
    a) 5% crit on ONE skill OR
    b) 5% crit on ALL skills + 5% damage increase ?
    I say flourish got no room in Sentinel build since its worse then other skills. It doesnt heal, it doesnt reset CD if you miss and it doesnt do extreme damage.
    Want CC? Takedown is much better! (other option might be Roar + Fleet Footed 15% run speed, need confirmation if it procs from Roar)
    Want damage? IBS is way better!
    Want utility? Restoring strike or roar is much better!
    Flourish got its room in new 60s GWFs build, it helps you land other skill because of its range, but seriously - does few feets matter for you so much in competitive PvP?
    edited July 2013
    wondras wrote: »
    I dont see any reason why spec flourish, what would you rather have:
    a) 5% crit on ONE skill OR
    b) 5% crit on ALL skills + 5% damage increase ?
    I say flourish got no room in Sentinel build since its worse then other skills. It doesnt heal, it doesnt reset CD if you miss and it doesnt do extreme damage.
    Want CC? Takedown is much better! (other option might be Roar + Fleet Footed 15% run speed, need confirmation if it procs from Roar)
    Want damage? IBS is way better!
    Want utility? Restoring strike or roar is much better!
    Flourish got its room in new 60s GWFs build, it helps you land other skill because of its range, but seriously - does few feets matter for you so much in competitive PvP?

uhu
    Both Takedown and Flourish are a staple for PvP. That's the whole point of a pvp GWF, outside of a Sent+Teneb build. If you are not maximizing stunlock then you really shouldn't be discussing competitive pvp. I personally don't have it, because I mostly run PvE where Sunning Flourish is worthless. But I make up somewhat for it by having Relentless Battle Fury for a nice 6.9sec CD on Takedown.
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    getoneshot wrote: »
    Actually, a lot of people who knew how ridiculously OP Tene stacking was early on, before the general public found out about it, can have a full set or two of 7 G.Tenes without paying to win. Lesser Tenes used to be 5-10k each. Now, they're up to hundreds of thousands for 1 Lesser.

Also, there are a lot of exploiters who haven't been banned that are completely geared out without having to spend a cent in this game.

When I got mine, I bought lessers for <30k AD... I was able to make G tenes for about 350k AD and got 6 of them at that price. It wasnt hard to get. Then saw prices rising, grabbed another when lessers were about 70k AD and made another one for about 750k AD... For my 7 GTEs...

I always hate it when people say it costed hundreds of dollars cause it USED to not... It really shows peoples ignorance when they say that... I would HIGHLY wager most people with GTEs have had them for a long long time AND the majority that have them, DIDNT spend hundreds of dollars for them... You might find a few... but I havnt played with any on Mindflayr that have done that...

Not saying they didint pay for some of it with cash... I threw $40 at the game when I started honestly to contribute to Cryptic/PWE for the hours I spent leveling and enjoying the game, which got me about 1 mil AD and blew the majority of that on a mount and some gear to kick my new 60 off... Then just farmed a TON and played the AH everyday...

Ive seen GTEs sell for 125k AD because some moron put an extreamly low bid hoping to get a bid war, he got a snipe war and REALLY lost out... I grabbed a greater negation enchant for about 500k AD for the same reason... I used to MAKE GTEs for 350k AD and sell them for 900k...

All those opportunities are gone NOW... But that doesnt mean people didnt/couldnt do that earlier on...

I am writing this so that hopefully 1-2 of you will understand that the economy has changed ALOT since release and players who knew and could see the pricing discrepancies could take advantage of an immature market...

Not all GTE users paid... Most of them sure as heck didnt pay for the enchants... You can judge for yourself if I am "p2w" since I did contribute RL to this game... however it wasnt hundreds and it didnt get me GTE enchants...

Oh and for the Floruish talk.

The FOUR skills I use are:
    takedown
    Restoring
    IBS
    Flourish

In Pugs I use all damagers. In pre vs pre it depends what classes I am playing. I personally didnt take the 1 sec stun and 5% crit on floruish and I did take 10% more damage on at wills. My rationale is that the 10% damage increase is on MOST of my attacks while the flourish 5% crit doesnt add alot of damage and the 1sec stun is nice, but you use that once MAYBE twice per 1v1... But I do use ALOT of at wills... I also dont always use flourish and didnt want to get stuck using it. I like IBS because it does WAY more damage and/or Restore strike for the heal...

Ive found that Floruish is really only good against CWs that are really good at blinking because it gives you a split second to catch up and takedown them... but I dont need an extra 1 second to do that and I also dont need the 5% more crit when I have 7 GTEs....