test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Fury of the Feywild packs?

williamneuhoffwilliamneuhoff Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
edited July 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
So wait do I have to buy the pack to get the races they said were simply part of the patch? Common guys don't make this one of those games where transactions are 100% necessary to get anything new. I get having the special drow race. It made sense for the lore, what with the drow not really being a common sight on the surface but if the Moon elves are returning let us ALL have them.
Post edited by williamneuhoff on

Comments

• Options
    ladymythosladymythos Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 637 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    You do need to pay to get the Moon Elves, yes. Though Im pretty sure you get Sun Elves for free.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    "Sigh" So its going to end up like Star Trek online, and Champions Online then. Slowly inching into the pay to win stratagem. I dont know why I'm surprised, cryptic always does this.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    $60 bucks for a horse a race and a fairy. Just, no. Oh and look at that an enchantment with root in it. Thats not pay to win at all.
  • Options
    ladymythosladymythos Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 637 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    "Sigh" So its going to end up like Star Trek online, and Champions Online then. Slowly inching into the pay to win stratagem. I dont know why I'm surprised, cryptic always does this.
    I just said you get Sun Elves for free. Also, check the faq:

The Menzo-Renegade look, tattoo, racial background, racial ability, and special companion will remain permanently exclusive to Hero of the North Pack purchases. The vanilla, non-Menzoberranzan Renegade Drow race will be unavailable for at least 60 days after release. We are currently planning to do a future update that will allow all players will be able to create a regular Drow character.

Menzo-Drow are in the Heroes of the North only, but regular Drow will be free. Still not happy?
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    ladymythos wrote: »
    I just said you get Sun Elves for free. Also, check the faq:

The Menzo-Renegade look, tattoo, racial background, racial ability, and special companion will remain permanently exclusive to Hero of the North Pack purchases. The vanilla, non-Menzoberranzan Renegade Drow race will be unavailable for at least 60 days after release. We are currently planning to do a future update that will allow all players will be able to create a regular Drow character.

Menzo-Drow are in the Heroes of the North only, but regular Drow will be free. Still not happy?

Nope. This is a slippery slope and cryptic has fallen down it time and time again. They always start by releasing the pack contents later but then it ends up as I said like STO where you either have to spend real money on the ships needed to stay viable in PvP or just forgo the PvP content all together.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Seriously? You want free races? I just told you both the Sun Elves and Drow will be free, and those are only the ones confirmed. New classes? Free. New area? Free, and introduced already in Module 1 at the end of August. Free, free, free. Even if that's not enough, you can spend Astral Diamonds to get Zen, so you can get everything from the Zen-marked for free. And you are still not happy? Seriously?
  • Options
    rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    PvP is not the end all be all of this MMO or most other MMOs. This is a PvE MMO first and formost. Even bringing up the p2w will get this topic closed as there is to be no discussion on that.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    The diamond to zen trade is about as efficient as the dillithium trade in STO. Months of grinding against a daily cap, for even the cheapest of items. And as I said ladymythos, this company ALWAYS starts off giving the majority of their stuff out for free, but go try out Champions and STO. Champions is basically unplayable without at least a few of the micro's and STO is dominated by wallet warriors.

As for rhoric's comment, it may be PVE primarily but that does not change the fact that the PvP has a MASSIVE following. They have to keep things balanced for the players who literally don't have a buck to spare on the game. If my comment gets shut down, well it just goes on to prove that they KNOW its a problem and choose to either ignore it or do their best to cover it up.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Take a look at the non-Cryptic, Perfect World games. Forsaken World for instance gives away ALL of its content for free. Every race. Every class. The only things you have to buy in the Micro shop AT ALL are purely cosmetic Items. Even the fastest mounts in the game are ENTIRELY FREE.
  • Options
    alantiaalantia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The diamond to zen trade is about as efficient as the dillithium trade in STO. Months of grinding against a daily cap, for even the cheapest of items. And as I said ladymythos, this company ALWAYS starts off giving the majority of their stuff out for free, but go try out Champions and STO. Champions is basically unplayable without at least a few of the micro's and STO is dominated by wallet warriors.

As for rhoric's comment, it may be PVE primarily but that does not change the fact that the PvP has a MASSIVE following. They have to keep things balanced for the players who literally don't have a buck to spare on the game. If my comment gets shut down, well it just goes on to prove that they KNOW its a problem and choose to either ignore it or do their best to cover it up.

That is not why your comment will get shut down, it will get shut down because you broke the rules of the forum. If you are not happy well there is a solution to that.
    It is what it is:cool:
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    And as I said, you get all that in this game, too. The only thing you don't get are a few promo-things like the Menzo-Drow and Moon Elves, some mounts and some companions. But you get different versions of all that for free, and some for zen. And as I said, you can buy zen for astral diamonds you get for free in the game. So all in all, there is very little you have to spend money to get, and all of it is optional. So what are you complaining about?
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited July 2013
    Sun Elves: +2% Action Point Gain rate
    Moon Elves: +1% Action Point Gain Rate and +1% Stamina Regeneration Rate

Those are the only non-cosmetic differences between the two races. Different but not directly better.
    Honestly I'm more inclined to believe the Sun Elves will have the better racial ability.

So while you can feel however you want there's no way anybody could make me believe it's Pay to Win since it's by no means an absolutely superior race which is what Pay to Win is. It's absolutely Pay to be Different but it's by no means Pay to Win and that is as far as I will go into the topic since this is skirting the rules as it is.