test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Wizard's Pride- Review Trade

edvaiedvai Member Posts: 31 Arc User
edited July 2013 in The Foundry
Hi All. I just completed my first foundry. I've published it and played it through 2-3 times, it seems ready for the review trade process.

Name: The Wizard's Pride
ID: NW-DRMKXUIDT
Author: @edavi

It is a short dungeon crawl, takes 15-20 minutes. It is a bit challenging to solo, but not terrible at all.

I would love any feedback and I am happy to review your dungeons in exchange!

Cheers!
My Quests:
The Wizard's Pride- NW-DRMKXUIDT
Post edited by edvai on

Comments

• antonkyleantonkyle Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Ok, I played through. It was nice. The maps were very nice and the story was good. I'd be slightly concerned about some of the stacked encounters. I'm glad I took my RT and not my cleric. Overall a good quest, I didn't notice any problems and it seemed much shorter than it was. I thought I was only in there for 5 mins, so that's good. It was more like 20.

I'm still looking for more plays for A Dwarven Rebellion if you find the time.

Cheers and keep up the good work.
  • edvaiedvai Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Great! Thanks for the feedback. I have this mindset that everyone plays GWF like I do and can mow through stacked encounters. That is obviously not the case, maybe I'll thin some out, keep people sane.

I'll check "A Dwarven Rebellion" I love dwarves...
    My Quests:
  • thalazar1thalazar1 Member Posts: 163 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    fun quest. good use of an existing map. I have to agree with antonkyle. most ppl don't like to see stacked encounters. I was able to survive (lvl 60 CW fairly crappy gear) it's not so bad with easy rated mobs but when you have standard and hard mobs together it can get to be a pain.
    I have this mindset that everyone plays GWF like I do and can mow through stacked encounters.
    I had the same mind set when making my first foundry that if i can do it any one can.. then i found out no one else could :(
    over all though i think the pacing was good. the crystal at the end still has it's default name though. 'magic crystal stand 01'

If you want you can check out the ruined temple in my sig
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The Lost Keep NW-DS1XBAK7D An experiment Daily Foundry
    The Ruined Temple NW-DBHC7MUBL Latest and last one Daily Foundry
    edited July 2013
    thalazar1 wrote: »

If you want you can check out the ruined temple in my sig

Thanks for the feedback! I thinned out some of the fights and fixed that Magic Crystal.

I tried to do the Ruined temple, but i got stuck in the crypts. I had the ring to see the magic wall, but after scouring the halls for 10 minutes there was nothing for me to click on to allow me through the magic door at the end of the hallway. Not sure if it was bugged or if I was inept.

I did really enjoy it! I cant one small spelling error that you can fix.
    After killing the orcs, when talking to Karah, you can reply with "You can't blame you self" should be yourself :)

Cheers!
    My Quests:
  • runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    edvai wrote: »
    I would love any feedback and I am happy to review your dungeons in exchange!

Just played it. Liked it. Challenging fights.

While I enjoy tough encounters you should probably mention that its a duo balanced map in the description. From time to time I get complaints and low stars on my maps because of that. And the only place I use "stacked" encounters is the boss fight. Anyway, just something to think about.

Another thing is you might want consider is changing some of the NPCs after they've triggered the ambushes. Seems a little weird talking to them again after you killed the ambush. And have them saying the same thing. I think you could have them despawn on the encounter's death and have a copy set up to spawn in at the same time. That way you can even have them say new stuff.

Anyway. It was a fun little map. If you want to return the review feel free to run any of mine.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • thalazar1thalazar1 Member Posts: 163 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    sent you a PM
    and i didn't think of it but as runebane said if you label your quest as 2 player then the mobs should be good as is.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The Lost Keep NW-DS1XBAK7D An experiment Daily Foundry
    The Ruined Temple NW-DBHC7MUBL Latest and last one Daily Foundry
    edited July 2013
    Thanks Runebane! Both of those tidbits of advice have been taken and applied to the map. I'll admit, I wasn't happy with those encounters with the ambushes either, but reviewing other people's maps has shown me how to do some stuff!

I'll take a look through yours now. Thanks again!
    My Quests:
  • lolsorhandlolsorhand Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 981 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I'll play this tomorrow, will edit or bump after I am done :)
    I like turtles.

Brethren of the Five, Campaign. - Story focused
    The Dwarven Tale - Hack 'N Slash
  • imperialmenimperialmen Member Posts: 65
    edited July 2013
    I did the quest! No bugs! I loved the fights. It was GWF heaven :D

Nothing to complain about, except one thing - the running between the guard to and fro at the start. It also passed through hostile areas, but I doubt people below do level 15 will do these quests!

And please tell me whom did you use for "Ogre Elite"? And also what map did you use?
  • jintortlejintortle Member Posts: 655 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I will trade:

Doing it now!!

The wonderful wizard of OG - last I saw needed 1 more play for the magical 20 plays then hopefully a daily.

Was a god little Foundry - great first one (lol - mine is shocking).

I actually liked the amount of mobs - went with my GF so have the armour for that sort of fight. You will find different versions of the orc mobs being good or too much, this depending on the character played.

I just felt that the ending was a bit absent of something - an npc giving a last work perhaps - the last one talked to described getting an orb or something (maybe this was the interactive crystal) - but he could have tagged along or turned up to give a satisfying ending.

But overall was solid and decent - some people might say not much decoration - but what really could you add.

Cheers
    Genus Draco Fad and the Muster@Jintortle
    ID: NW-DD5FLOBTJ
    Cult of the Dragon Foundry Contest - Please participate and vote for your favourite - 26/6/2014 contest rating begins.

Sir Camps A Lot. Mr SlingShot Boom. XX Phantasmagorical. Jinn Dragonfeast.
    SlingShot Boom Jr. Jocan Traders. Little Lord Forgatty, Dwarf Mean and introducing Necro Torquemada (The Warlock)
  • theninja0theninja0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'll play your quest. Mine are in my signature.

Edit: Finished playing it. Nothing much to say about it, just a decent quest overall.
    My Quests:
    Anomalous readings NW-DT25L46HY
    The Banished Realm NW-DBPX6X9JV
  • casekukcasekuk Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I will gladly play your quest Edvai, and will review it here forthwith.

If you would be so kind as to try either of mine (or both if you feel the pull! :) I would be very grateful.

The first is eligible for daily foundry, but has a new map and I want opinions on it (its the forest map) and the second is still in beta phase. So again anything you feel should be noted is appreciated.

Thanks,

Art (aka Casek)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Part 1: A Mysterious Portal: - NW-DIKGSOTWT
    Part 2: Into the forest: Out now - NW DAVOJC8N7
    Part 3: Through the portal: 50% Finished!
    Part 4: Lvl 113

Does YOUR FOUNDRY need more plays? Try this thread: Click here
    edited July 2013
    Thanks for all the reviews guys! I will get to return reviewing yours when I get home from work here soon!

Cheers!
    My Quests:
  • aaldaemonaaldaemon Member Posts: 94
    edited July 2013
    I will trade you a review. :) Going to play and review it now.

My quest is in my sig.

EDIT: Reviewed it. Overall it was enjoyable. :) Good work on environments. Some nice costumes as well.

Some feedback:
    -the initial run around to guard, from guard etc seems a bit redundant.
    -might need to adjust/add a difficulty. People complained about combat difficulty in my quest which has pretty much 0 encounter stacking.
    Assassination Contract NW-DOD6JMS5H - story + combat. Trading reviews.
    I'm improving my quest on an almost daily basis - so if you come back to it after a week or so, it won't be quite the same!
  • pris23pris23 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 204 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    That was a fun little adventure. A simple plot, very challenging combat in some places, and takes a reasonable time to complete. I enjoyed it and will PM you with more detailed feedback so as not to spoil anything. :)

Feel free to play any of my quests. The info is in my signature and my thread is http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?407831-Part-3-Wind-of-the-North-The-Secret-to-Paradise-Will-trade-as-always&highlight=pris23 or you can PM with feedback if you want.

Happy questing/building. Cheers! :)
    The Secret to Paradise: NWS-DCV313OOC FOUNDRY DAILY
    Part 1 - Paradise Lost? NW-DDMMIKYTB
    Part 2 - Into the Mist NW-DIJXRI4NT
    Part 3 - Wind of The North NW-DFB9K8KWH

Leave feedback for The Secret to Paradise
  • casekukcasekuk Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hi Edvai,

Just a quickie to let you know I havn't forgotten you. I didnt get to play last night, and as such didn't do any foundries. I have 2 on the list before yours, should be done later when I finish work.

Thanks,

Art (aka Casek)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Part 1: A Mysterious Portal: - NW-DIKGSOTWT
    Part 2: Into the forest: Out now - NW DAVOJC8N7
    Part 3: Through the portal: 50% Finished!
    Part 4: Lvl 113

Does YOUR FOUNDRY need more plays? Try this thread: Click here
  • lightbringer1102lightbringer1102 Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Ok I'll trade. I play foundry quests alot these days and I review them, only because I find them more interesting than cryptic quests sometimes and off course i want reviews also. So please try my short 1st part quest that is a little heavy combat but it's solo-able if your proficient and alert in combat. You might want to play part 2 who knows, since the story gets interesting later on. Thanks in advanced! :-)
    Part#1 (Belial) NW-DCVQ737WR