test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Looking for Beta testers NW-DON9PHZV8 trades welcome

mufaasa43mufaasa43 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2013 in The Foundry
Note: only searchable from best tab bc of the search bug

Just published my first foundry last night. I put about 20 hrs into it so far...nothing crazy. It's pretty straight forward. Goes through 4 maps. Basically you are sent to look for some old friends who went missing. It's called Great Gladiator Escape.

I welcome any feedback and suggestions on how to improve it. I'm pretty new, so if you want to see something somewhat advanced, toss me a tip or two on how to accomplish it.

If you have a quest, toss up the short code and whether you want feedback or a review.I will run through tomorrow (I'm on the road in a hotel right now). If your quest is long, I may have to do it a little later in the week, but I will get to everyone who looks at mine, and I will give feedback/review.
Thanks!
Great Gladiator Escape
NW-DON9PHZV8
Post edited by mufaasa43 on

Comments

• imperialmenimperialmen Member Posts: 65
    edited July 2013
    Here's my first foundry. Feedback needed :)

The Bank Heist NW-DFF41RK2X

Here's the feedback for your foundry -

-Liked the story
    -Liked the legion of guards standing behind you. Give them 'menancing' animation and it will look awesome!
    -Why no music?
    -Many default names
    -TONE down the enemies! I am GS 10k GWF, and yes it wasnt really tough for me, but I really really doubt the squishies like TRs, CWs and DCs can even complete the arena battles. :)

Cheers :cool:
  • mufaasa43mufaasa43 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I will jump on and check yours out first thing tomorrow morning. Thanks and looking forward to it.
    Great Gladiator Escape
    NW-DON9PHZV8
    edited July 2013
    Awesome..thanks for the info. I am testing it with lev 10 cw.. I did mostly hard bc it seemed like that was still easy for me..I will change them up to standard..or u think easy encounters are best? Is there a way to scale the difficulty of individual encounters other than just selecting easy or standard encounters?

Really really though..great fb. Gonna work on it ASAP.

Side note: if urs isn't too tough I can go through it from my iPad..it is like playing with a joystick tho so targeting can be tough lol.
    Great Gladiator Escape
    NW-DON9PHZV8
  • antonkyleantonkyle Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'll trade with you. I'll make a start now.
  • lolsorhandlolsorhand Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 981 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    mufaasa43 wrote: »
    Awesome..thanks for the info. I am testing it with lev 10 cw.. I did mostly hard bc it seemed like that was still easy for me..I will change them up to standard..or u think easy encounters are best? Is there a way to scale the difficulty of individual encounters other than just selecting easy or standard encounters?

Really really though..great fb. Gonna work on it ASAP.

Side note: if urs isn't too tough I can go through it from my iPad..it is like playing with a joystick tho so targeting can be tough lol.

Things change at higher levels, what is easy at level 10. Might be impossible for certain classes at lvl 50+
    I like turtles.

Brethren of the Five, Campaign. - Story focused
    The Dwarven Tale - Hack 'N Slash
  • antonkyleantonkyle Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Ok, I just finished. The quest was pretty good and straightforward. The combat was insane I only had 8 potions on me and I came out with 1 after dropping about 10. I don't think there is anything wrong with tough combat and some people will love that. It got to the point with me that it was, I WILL get through this, which added much to the quest. A warning would be nice though, I'd have bought some more potions then.

All the map transitions were press f to go to next map.
    The thing I didn't like was the lack of detail. I think you need to go over it and try and fill it out somewhat.

All in all pretty good, a total combat grind but sometimes that is what is needed.
    edited July 2013
    Thanks guys! I'm adjusting the combat to be more gradual in the arena. I made the guards menacing/taunting/threatening in the first area. I'm going to leave the boss fight as is and probably the last 2 arena fights. The capica tunnels will be changed to all standard encounters to get you through it a little smoother. I will also work on detail for the maps after I get some reviews done for you guys.
    Great Gladiator Escape
    NW-DON9PHZV8
  • ultraserfultraserf Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    NW-DQXCSX288
    2 player (possible with one, but takes a while)
    STILL IN BETA
    edited July 2013
    I scaled it down some in the arena. A lot in the tunnels. Boss fight is the same. I changed map transitions. Gonna add more map detail soon.
    Great Gladiator Escape
    NW-DON9PHZV8
  • imperialmenimperialmen Member Posts: 65
    edited July 2013
    So did you do my quest? :)
  • runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Played and reviewed it. Loved the tough fights, but I'm kinda into that. You might want to warn people in the overview about how tough some of them are.

A review on any of mine would be great.

*Oh, almost forgot. Sorry. You renamed and costumed up all the monsters. But you left the group names the same. So you have guards with a Greenscale, Skeleton, or Nasher tag and such.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • yipykayeyipykaye Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 145 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Ok well I was going to rage by the end but I stopped myself and gave a 3 star instead of a one.
    I appreciate that it was your first quest and that was your saving grace. The quest needs alot of work. I could have done a dot point but it would have been alot to mention. Details are everything to me. Stacking encounters will not save a quest and make it popular.
    Obviously not tested with a high level. 49TR and I forget how many times I died on boss fight. Lucky they started to pick on the npc so i could spawn and take them out one at a time. I would hate to have seen this before you reduced some of the fights.

None of us want to have to spend coin filling up with potions to play a level.
    The story is basically fine and with some work will be a good quest. I really don't like your names used for characters. Slightly changing the names from "Spartacus" doesn't feel like original work to me.

I have seen much worse for first foundrys. I see you did put alot of effort in just please don;t stop now that it is published. I can my quests sometimes 3 times a week when they are first out. Trying to find the right balance. I figure if someone wants really hard fights they will be running the dungeons with less people for a challange. I think a lot of players use the foundry for new stories.
    Good luck with your work. If you want a detailed run through down the track once you have polished more contact me and I will be happy to run again.
    "A Time Long Forgotten"
    Whispers in the Forest NW-DPJGEXZJ8 - Daily
    A Salty Sailor's Brew NW-DMOZP625S - Daily
    Bonds of a Brother NW-DCP9XPZHI - Daily
  • pris23pris23 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 204 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Pretty neat story. Overall I enjoyed myself. I only noticed a few small things. :) The following are my notes taken during play:

SPOILERS! DO NOT READ UNLESS YOU ARE THE AUTHOR OR HAVE ALREADY PLAYED THIS QUEST.

- Soldiers are still the group name skeleton.

- It would be cool if all of your friends followed you when you released them.

Nvermind they showed up for the last 2 fights before reaching the ladder inside the tunnels.

- 109, 8 and 269, 12 on the map has what appears to be some sort of trap, but it is sticking out in the middle of the floor from the corner of the wall.

- Bartias Trapper are under the group name greenscale.

- Rewards chest is floating.

You can play any of my quests in return if you have time. My info is in my signature. The link to my thread for feedback is http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?407831-Part-3-Wind-of-the-North-The-Secret-to-Paradise-Will-trade-as-always

Cheers and happy quest playing/building. :)
    The Secret to Paradise: NWS-DCV313OOC FOUNDRY DAILY
    Part 1 - Paradise Lost? NW-DDMMIKYTB
    Part 2 - Into the Mist NW-DIJXRI4NT
    Part 3 - Wind of The North NW-DFB9K8KWH

Leave feedback for The Secret to Paradise
  • jintortlejintortle Member Posts: 655 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Will play and review yours now - If you could trade and do The Wonderful Wizard of OG for me that would be great!

Was great inside humour - if you like combat sword and sandal movies and TV.

Good fighting for a TR.

I sent you a PM - with a couple of things

Was overall very fun and liked it a lot.
    Genus Draco Fad and the Muster@Jintortle
    ID: NW-DD5FLOBTJ
    Cult of the Dragon Foundry Contest - Please participate and vote for your favourite - 26/6/2014 contest rating begins.

Sir Camps A Lot. Mr SlingShot Boom. XX Phantasmagorical. Jinn Dragonfeast.
    SlingShot Boom Jr. Jocan Traders. Little Lord Forgatty, Dwarf Mean and introducing Necro Torquemada (The Warlock)
    edited July 2013
    I'm on my way home now. I'm gonna get those reviews in ASAP when I get in. I will pm you with feedback.
    Great Gladiator Escape
    NW-DON9PHZV8
    edited July 2013
    FYI, I am gonna get all ur reviews in...there are a lot more than I thought I would get so early. Thanks for the feedback. I have made a lot of changes already.
    Great Gladiator Escape
    NW-DON9PHZV8