test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

"False" promotions mail.

vashwixvashwix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 22 Arc User
edited July 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hi all,
I (and a pair of friends, same thing) have some problem with neverwinter's promotions.

Time ago i got a mail from perfect world, saying that all user who confirm their mail address could have win a prize of 100 zen.

I've follow the procedure, i have confirm my mail with the code given on the site, all correct.

But i NEVER had those 100 zen.

Then, a pair of weeks ago i got another mail from PW.

This time was a promotion for all italian user. Changing the game language in italian, and logging before a certain day will ensure a bonus prize with some items inside.

I've done that and, same as above, i never had any prize.

Is a bit annoying.... I've done all and i haven't got nothing.
:mad:
Post edited by vashwix on

Comments

• mbllanes199mbllanes199 Member, Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 429
    edited July 2013
    I can't believe ppl still falls to the oldest trick in the book.
  • powereddjinnpowereddjinn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    it's called 'phishing' & you have been scammed :(
  • vashwixvashwix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    it's called 'phishing' & you have been scammed :(

I'm not born today, those mail were from perfect world addres (email@email.perfectworld.com), and i was sended to main site, is not phishing.
    The second promotion doesn't even ask for any mail/nick/password, but only to log into the game after setting it in italian (without any link / url)

I said "false" promotions in the title to tell how something don't work on perfect world promotion system, i don't mean "false" in that way (sorry my translation, i'm not english).

I've change the thread title, to avoind misunderstandings.
  • theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    vashwix wrote: »
    I'm not born today, those mail were from perfect world addres (email@email.perfectworld.com), and i was sended to main site, is not phishing.
    The second promotion doesn't even ask for any mail/nick/password, but only to log into the game after setting it in italian (without any link / url)

I said "false" promotions in the title to tell how something don't work on perfect world promotion system, i don't mean "false" in that way (sorry my translation, i'm not english).

I've change the thread title, to avoind misunderstandings.

Email@email.perfectworld.com? Yeah thats not Perfectworlds email nor their domain that they use for their emails. The domain is simply @perfectworld.com. Sorry bud you dun got scammed.
    edited July 2013
    Email@email.perfectworld.com? Yeah thats not Perfectworlds email nor their domain that they use for their emails. The domain is simply @perfectworld.com. Sorry bud you dun got scammed.

Don't be silly, is the same mail i've got when i register here. :V
  • theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Don't be silly, is the same mail i've got when i register here. :V

I would email support@perfectworld.com with your problems. I would also run a deep clean of your computer. Meaning more then 1 antivirus/malware scanner and a boot time scan too. Probably got a keylogger or a trojan installed.
    edited July 2013
    I would email support@perfectworld.com with your problems. I would also run a deep clean of your computer. Meaning more then 1 antivirus/malware scanner and a boot time scan too. Probably got a keylogger or a trojan installed.

The mail was the same of the registration, i run antivirus, firewalls etc, i've no trojan in my pc (formatted recently btw), and nobody steals my account, even if the first of those mails was more than 1 months ago.

I don't want to waste my time uploading here the screenshot of those mail to demonstrate you that is not a scam, so belive me or just quit this threat, thanks.

EDIT: another thing... emails was in italian. In all my years of internet user i've NEVER seen scam mails writed in a perfect italian. They all are in english or translated with google. :D
    edited July 2013
    Ok dont take advice if you dont want to, but you posted on the general discussion for an issue that would better be posted in the Customer Support section or by emailing customer support.
    edited July 2013
    Ok dont take advice if you dont want to, but you posted on the general discussion for an issue that would better be posted in the Customer Support section or by emailing customer support.

Here you are right, my intention was to ask other players if someone had the same issue rather than debate on phishing problems, but the thread goes in the wrong direction.
  • seraphidseraphid Member Posts: 158 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    me and my friend get exacly same mails, on perfect world it said we had our mails confirmed but we didnt get zen
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited July 2013

I am afraid that is not an Official Perfect World or Cryptic Studios e-mail address.

Official e-mails for Neverwinter would be from @perfectworld.com or @crypticstudios.com.
    @email.perfectowolrd.com is likely a phishing attempt.

This webpage will contain some useful information on how to secure/re-secure your account. Also you may wish to contact support to make them aware of your situation.

I am afraid the forums can be of no further help so I am going to lock this thread. If you have any further questions don't hesitate to contact the Community Moderators and/or the Community Managers which are listed in the Forum Rules.
This discussion has been closed.