test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Where's our Drizzt...

mikex79xmikex79x Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 33
edited July 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Where's Drizzt Do'Urden actually located at in Neverwinter the MMORPG???,... and, are there any highly powerful evil blood-mad sorcerers featured in this game that are human???
Post edited by mikex79x on

Comments

• Options
    dcbonedcbone Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I didn't know he was going to be in it.
    The Defiled Abbey - Feedback/tests needed will trade. NW-DD6DYPET2
  • Options
    askopdkapokaskopdkapok Member Posts: 648 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    mikex79x wrote: »
    Where's Drizzt Do'Urden actually located at in Neverwinter the MMORPG???,... and, are there any highly powerful evil blood-mad sorcerers featured in this game that are human???

Why would Drizzt be in it over the hundreds of other characters already published for the Forgotten Realms?
  • Options
    theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Why would Drizzt be in it over the hundreds of other characters already published for the Forgotten Realms?

He is easily one of the more recognized characters of the setting.
  • Options
    baronvonboombaronvonboom Member Posts: 536 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I hope hes never in it tbh.. one of the most overated and publicised Realms characters ever..

God forbid it ever happens but I would even prefer to see Elminster over that twerp:/
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    From my, albeit limited, understanding of the current lore. (Ive not read the Salvatore books, I'm not much of a fan of the Driz) Is that he, at this point in the time line, is currently unavailable. With no resolution on when that might change.
  • Options
    abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    If there were an actual NPC Drizzt in this game, it would be terribly awkward for the dozens of player-created drow-esque wood elves named Drizzt.
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • Options
    tanglethorntanglethorn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I hope hes never in it tbh.. one of the most overated and publicised Realms characters ever..

God forbid it ever happens but I would even prefer to see Elminster over that twerp:/

I completely agree! Im at the point I roll my eyes when ever I hear the name. Kill him off already!
  • Options
    xhritxhrit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Drizzt is a really common drow name, like Robert or John.
  • Options
    theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    xhrit wrote: »
    Drizzt is a really common drow name, like Robert or John.

Really? Since when?
  • Options
    xiphenonxiphenon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I would like to meet Jarlaxle :-) The more cooler character compared to Drizzt.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mok33mok33 Member Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Really? Since when?
    Since never ever.
  • Options
    mutantdemocracymutantdemocracy Member Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    There's an NPC inside the broken tower bar thing in the Tower Disctrist that will ask, "Do you know who Drizzt is?" every so often.
  • Options
    ladykilliyaladykilliya Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Someone told me his girlfriend killed him in the last book...He's a habitual liar though so take that as you will...:)
  • Options
    xhritxhrit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Someone told me his girlfriend killed him in the last book...He's a habitual liar though so take that as you will...:)

That is pretty much the truth. Last thing we see is him mortally wounded and left to die.
  • Options
    knarsistknarsist Member Posts: 86
    edited July 2013
    I saw him running around Enclave just the other day :)
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited July 2013
    As far as I know Drizzt has not made an appearance yet.

But who's to say he won't?
  • Options
    suxip01111suxip01111 Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I hope hes never in it tbh.. one of the most overated and publicised Realms characters ever../

..and that is exactly why he will definitely appear in the game at some point in the future.
  • Options
    jaymadiv#8056 jaymadiv Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I saw him in Protector's Enclave the other day.

He was looking for a Group to carry him through Castle Never.

He thoroughly emphasized the "must have experience" part.
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I actually got into a Skirmish with two Drizzt's. I'm sure it was some wizards sinister work. One couldn't understand common and the other just kinda ran into walls and stayed there. Clearly splitting the poor guy into two had an adverse effect.
  • Options
    abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I once saw two Drizzts and a Drizzt Do'Urden in rapid succession. It was like double deja vu (Drizztja vu?).
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • Options
    lostmarblesherelostmarbleshere Banned Users Posts: 654 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    mikex79x wrote: »

Ah isnt he dead now anyway?

Pretty sure he died at the end of the last novel.
  • Options
    tobsoltobsol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Drizzt is just an Elric-ripoff anyways.
  • Options
    ladymythosladymythos Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 637 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    xhrit wrote: »
    That is pretty much the truth. Last thing we see is him mortally wounded and left to die.
    Quick spoiler for pretty much every story ever written, format irrelevant: If we don't see the hero's dead corpse, he's not dead. Mortally wounded? Pft, details. Even if he really is dead, he can return if fans want him back. Remember a certain Darth Maul? Chopped in half, thrown down a bottom less pit? He returned, and he's not even a hero. ;)
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited July 2013
    The last book, The Last Threshold, takes place after the events of Neverwinter. The last Threshold Details the last time before the Sundering and while it would be nice to see Neverwinter's storyline advance into the Fifth Ed lore I assume that we'll forever be stuck in Fourth Ed lore.

That is to say Neverwinter takes place between 1467 DR (Lord Dagult Neverember becomes to Lord Protector of Neverwinter) and 1484-1490 at latest (Drizzt and company awake from their sleep in 1484 DR and The Sundering is set to occur soon after.

Also worth noting is that Drizzt enters the otherworldly sleep in 1866 DR and only awakens in 1484 DR. This means by in large Drizzt will be unavailable for Nverwinter's Campaign. He can show up but I do know the Developers have purposely left the exact time frame of Neverwinter vague and while Drizzt could show up it would put a definite timestamp in the campaign which they have avoided.

It'll be interesting to see if, perhaps, they could move the storyline forward into the sundering even if the mechanics by in large stayed the same. *shrugs*
    Now I am just getting way ahead of myself.