test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Gauntlgrym event requires PVP to get to new dungeon?

mrvukmrvuk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 396 Bounty Hunter
edited July 2013 in PvE Discussion
Greetings,

I might be missing something about the new Gauntlygrym events, so I appoligize if I have the pve/pvp info wrong. Do you have to do the PVP part in order to get to the newer tier 2 dungeon? I can play PVP if someone wants me to but, I realy don't care for it.

I thought D&D was suppost to be more coopertive than pvp. I feel a bit betrayed by game developers making people play PVP in order to reach the newer dungeon. Am I the only one that feels this way? I'm sure I'll get the typical "troll" post here but, I just was hoping that I could skip the mind numbing PVP stuff.

Thanks
WOLF

P.S I know some people like PVP, I don't. Skip the rants please and tell my why I should have to PVP if I want to get to the tier 2 dungeon.
Post edited by mrvuk on

Comments

• endofendsendofends Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You should really try Gauntlygrym before posting threads like these.

Phase 1 is pure PvE, players kill monsters, collect resources, and hand those resources in.

Phase 2 is a mix of PvE and PvP. Players can queue up for PvP if they want to, or can stay in the PvE instance and construct catapults / give resources to the giant. In no way are you required to PvP whatsoever.
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Even further, you only need to compete in one of the phases in order to get access to the dungeons.
  • mrvukmrvuk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 396 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    endofends wrote: »
    You should really try Gauntlygrym before posting threads like these.

Phase 1 is pure PvE, players kill monsters, collect resources, and hand those resources in.

Phase 2 is a mix of PvE and PvP. Players can queue up for PvP if they want to, or can stay in the PvE instance and construct catapults / give resources to the giant. In no way are you required to PvP whatsoever.

I've tried Gauntlygrym. The guild said we'd have to play PVP to get to the next stage. If not, that's great! Thanks for the replys.
  • grizzlyvgrizzlyv Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    mrvuk wrote: »
    Greetings,

I might be missing something about the new Gauntlygrym events, so I appoligize if I have the pve/pvp info wrong. Do you have to do the PVP part in order to get to the newer tier 2 dungeon? I can play PVP if someone wants me to but, I realy don't care for it.

I thought D&D was suppost to be more coopertive than pvp. I feel a bit betrayed by game developers making people play PVP in order to reach the newer dungeon. Am I the only one that feels this way? I'm sure I'll get the typical "troll" post here but, I just was hoping that I could skip the mind numbing PVP stuff.

Thanks
    WOLF

P.S I know some people like PVP, I don't. Skip the rants please and tell my why I should have to PVP if I want to get to the tier 2 dungeon.

Ok, this post is so snob-ish that I have to say something.

First, you have to, because that's how the event was designed. Maybe Cryptic should have checked with you if it's ok for them to design something like this?
    Second, you don't HAVE to do anything. Don't like it? don't do it.
    Third: Read the **** blog post about the event, it describes everything. Read it carefully.
    Fourth: I kinda wish they hadn't done this for your whiny lil <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, but you actually don't have to PVP, you can keep PVE-ing during the second phase, there's still stuff to do.

Kids these days man... they'll find anything to whine about.
  • mrvukmrvuk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 396 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Rofl , troll #1

I don't have to PVP = wonderfull. Thanks for the reply.
  • nahkhiirmees2000nahkhiirmees2000 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    If I dont like PVE but still want to have the loot from the bosses why should i do PVE if i dont want to?
    Does it make any sense even to you?
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited July 2013

You play a large variety of content and can get access to some better rewards. I guess that's the reasoning behind this rule.

Now a relevant question: why do you want pvp rewards if you don't want to do pvp? :rolleyes:
  • moerevolvermoerevolver Member Posts: 128 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013

You don't have too, seeing that you're not interested in PvP chances are you know little to nothing about it. In other words if you joined PvP you're an expense to the team, loosing access to T2 as a result. If you dislike PvP and YOU know that you're not going to bring anything to the game then don't participate. It's like looking for a healer for your T2 party to only find out he doesn't know how to heal. Let the players that enjoy and do well it in win the phase for you.
  • healhamstahealhamsta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 572 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    If I dont like PVE but still want to have the loot from the bosses why should i do PVE if i dont want to?
    Does it make any sense even to you?

If you don't like PvE, you're obviously playing the wrong game/genre.
    Delve loot murdered my TR, DC, & GWF. Nerf Plox:
    I know that it sucks to no longer get gear to sell from the Dungeon Delve chest but it was truly overpowered.