test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

"That odd house" Short first foundry quest, review trade

reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
edited September 2013 in The Foundry
Hello guys, I'm just starting with the foundry, so far it looks very nice, it has lots of options, even though I still don't understand all of them.
I finished a short quest about a haunted house, it takes around 10 mins to finish and I would like some reviews abnd critiques on it, to everyone that reviews mine in game I'll play your quest and review it too.
I hope you'll like it.
the short code is NW-DODYDFPSH
see you around!
2e2qwj6.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Just played this, was pretty neat. Sent you a PM about it.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Thanks a lot for the critique, i think you make very valid points, I'll fix the quest info so it doesn't say "go to next map" forgot about that. I'll also put some chandeliers over the lights in the house, I didn't notice them, thanks!
    it's weird you got the 2/2 message twice, I've played it and never got that bug, I'll check into it.
    I wanted to have a dialogue with the boss before the fight, but I can't seem to make it, is the only option to make a npc that looks just like the boss having a text on contact and after you've talked to him you delete him and make the encounter appear? for that last encounter (because it is part of the quest) I couldn't make it toit doesn't appear inmediately, whenever I tried to change it to appear after a text or anything, it would go back to "appear inmediately" so I don't know much how to do it. :(
    BTW you have 3 foundry quests on your signature, you want any particular one for me to give some opinion on it?
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Any of them would be good. :)

And yes, to do the dialogue first you'd have to use an NPC first. The enemy encounter you'd have set to appear when objective in progress. Then "this objective". You have to be in the layout setting looking at the encounter to set it though. Don't think you can from details. The NPC version you'd just need to set it to disappear when that same objective is in progress. (Or when the one right before it is complete.)

I use the NPC to Enemy thing a couple times in my Helping Halgarth and Diversion maps. If you want to play one of those two to see what it looks like for the players.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
    edited July 2013
    Thanks for the tips, by the way I played through "helping Halgarth" and it was fun, loved how npc's would move while doing their stuff, like searching, cleaning, etc. felt really natural. I posted a review ingame :)
    I also changed some stuff in my quest, and submitted it again, I hope it doesn't take too long to update.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • mufaasa43mufaasa43 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I will be home from being out of town on Monday. I will trade reviews with you. Please only rate it if you liked it as it is more of a beta right now. Mostly interested in feedback and ways I can make it better. Thanks and looking forward to doing some testing!
    My quest: NW-DON9PH2V8
    Great Gladiator Escape
    NW-DON9PHZV8
  • thalazar1thalazar1 Member Posts: 163 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Pretty good little quest. definitely a bit creepy lol. good job. if you wouldn't mind giving my quest a go in my sig.
    I will pm you with a few things i found.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The Lost Keep NW-DS1XBAK7D An experiment Daily Foundry
    The Ruined Temple NW-DBHC7MUBL Latest and last one Daily Foundry
    edited July 2013
    thalazar1: Thanks! I just played and reviewed your quest, I'll post my opinion on your topic :)
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • yipykayeyipykaye Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 145 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Playing quest now * Spoilers* Dot point run through noting small details from personal opinion

At first door it says to go to next map instead of enter house. I think I did see this noted earlier though.
    Instantly inside the door I am 1/2 of the find clues quest. I didn't think I did anything just yet.
    Up to you if you want more story, The weird lady instantly tells you why your there. Maybe alittle dialogue first where you ask her about it then she answers.
    Statue is floating above the ground. I am thinking that you have said that the clues is 1/2 instead of having multiple things to do at the same time. I think that maybe search for more clues after the first one might be better suited. Up to you though.
    There are a couple of interact texts that could be changed to search the body, open the door etc. Just polishes the quest nicely.
    Knight armor is knee deep in the floor. Not sure if that was on purpose.
    spider web in one of the rooms that oddly pokes out from the wall.
    Taking a far wacking from the mobs spawning under my feet all the time. Generally better if the spwan in front so you can dodge alittle but this may well be the style you are going for.
    Floating room looks pretty cool nice effects in here.
    Was the witch a custom costume? If so well done for making something unique. I liked her.
    Maybe a hammering on the crystal to destroy it. It blew up too easily for such corrupt magic.
    And finally tell us to exit the odd house rather than go to next map. Its only a small detail I know but its just that detail that can make the difference in stars.

Overall not a bad starting point for a quest. Could do with some details polished but as a simple quest good job. A lot of promise for future releases. If your up for returning reviews try my second quest. Its a couple short of becoming a daily. thanks
    "A Time Long Forgotten"
    Whispers in the Forest NW-DPJGEXZJ8 - Daily
    A Salty Sailor's Brew NW-DMOZP625S - Daily
    Bonds of a Brother NW-DCP9XPZHI - Daily
  • feuygarfeuygar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 102 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Hi,

I enjoyed the quest, the Skinless were very creepy and I liked the final boss.
    It still needs a lot of work, and I upped my rating assuming that it will take place. Please remember, there's hundreds of quests out there, so only stop building when you feel it's going to stand out from the crowd.

Overall, good idea but needs expanding. A quest must be at least 15 minutes to qualify for daily rewards otherwise most people won't play it.
    Sound, you need some, choose music for each different level that rises in tone until the final battle.
    Lighting, add some creepy lighting to the rooms.
    Details, you need to add a lot of stuff to make the adventure feel less "auto-populated", spider webs in old tunnels that kind of thing.

Specifics:
    - In the question description, change it to "all kinds of"
    - Merchant dialogue, change it to "I'll see what that's all about"
    - At the odd house, change the map description in the foundry edit to say "enter the Odd House"
    - Bookshelf, "foul" not fowl
    - Behind the locked door the statue is floating above the ground, also have an animation when the character interacts with the statue.

Please can you review my quest too - thanks.

422 - Yeenoghu's Bride

NW-DUMTEJ9KZ

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?411131-Proud-to-present-for-reviews-422-Yeenoghu-s-Bride
  • theninja0theninja0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'll play your quest, my quests are in my signature.

Edit: finished playing it. It was quite good. The only issue I had was that the berserker type of enemy was used too much.
    My Quests:
    Anomalous readings NW-DT25L46HY
    The Banished Realm NW-DBPX6X9JV
    edited July 2013
    Thanks everybody for your comments, I'll play your quests now and pm you my opinions on it :)
    Just a question, some of you have told me I should add some interaction animations and text for some parts but i can't make interaction animations and text if the object is "on contact" and I need it to be on contact in order to show up a text. Is there a way to do it?
    For example I want to see "press F to search the body", then have an interaction animation and after that a text that says "you found a note that says blablabla"
    2e2qwj6.jpg
    edited September 2013
    Just wanted to let you guys that I've decided to revamp quite a bit of the quest, it will be longer and creepier.
    I'll post the new version when it's ready :)
    again thanks a lot for the comments and feedback on this.
    2e2qwj6.jpg