test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Will GG-gear be BoP as well??

wintardwintard Member Posts: 3 Arc User
edited July 2013 in PvE Discussion
Since this is in the patch notes(Source: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?414511-Patch-Notes-NW-5-20130714b-3&p=5240371&viewfull=1#post5240371 ):
Items purchased via Seals and Glory are now bound to the character when purchased.

Would that apply to GG gear as well? And what happens to already purchased gear?

Thanks ^^
Post edited by wintard on

Comments

• krumple01krumple01 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    wintard wrote: »
    Since this is in the patch notes(Source: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?414511-Patch-Notes-NW-5-20130714b-3&p=5240371&viewfull=1#post5240371 ):
    Items purchased via Seals and Glory are now bound to the character when purchased.

Would that apply to GG gear as well? And what happens to already purchased gear?

Thanks ^^

Yes. Making an event even less appealing. There are some players who run it just to sell the gear pieces. When it's bop they won't run it. Those who have their gear will have no incentive to run it either.

This is just another nail in the neverwinter coffin.
  • m1nuendm1nuend Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'm 80% sure items purchased before that patch will remain BoE. Better farm if you want stuff for your alts or so.
    39275e2ac4.jpg
  • kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    m1nuend wrote: »
    I'm 80% sure items purchased before that patch will remain BoE. Better farm if you want stuff for your alts or so.

..and if you haven't made them yet, make those alts and at least get them to PE. Then you can mail them the gear, and stash it safely in the bank (don't trust the mail system). That way, if stuff does "accidentally" become bound when the patch drops, it's bound to the right character.
  • silveralucardsilveralucard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 410 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    i will buy and sell stuff while i can XD i think that will be the best way to make the most from the seals since that equip is worth nothing if you do not use it
    Everything works out in the end . If it hasn't worked out yet, it isn't the end...
  • tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    krumple01 wrote: »
    Yes. Making an event even less appealing. There are some players who run it just to sell the gear pieces. When it's bop they won't run it. Those who have their gear will have no incentive to run it either.

This is just another nail in the neverwinter coffin.

I'm one of those. I see no point in running Gaunt post patch. Did the dungeons until they got boring, PvP is amusing, but not worth 30 mins. The less said about phase one the better.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • silveralucardsilveralucard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 410 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    yeah well probably i will continue do them like for the daily AD reward and maybe one dungeon run, however after that XD i think i will focus on the new content for the new pasive skills and stuff XD not sure if it will be worth it to find new equip for my GF i doubt they will launch something better than Stalwart XD that is the best equip so far and it is a T1 XD
    Everything works out in the end . If it hasn't worked out yet, it isn't the end...
  • xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I wish a dev would comment on the Grym coin gear, but I guess I just need to go ahead and buy for alts now and assume they'll be changing it.
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • devlinnedevlinne Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    xelliz wrote: »
    I wish a dev would comment on the Grym coin gear, but I guess I just need to go ahead and buy for alts now and assume they'll be changing it.

Yup. No stability, no security. Anything and everything can be changed as when the bosses FEEL like it. Sheesh. i thought games was an ESCAPE from real life....
    PITY,REGRET, AND MERCY are just EXCUSES for the strong not to kill the weak!
  • jeepinjeepin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    So if you buy gear with Glory now, bank it with the alt you are going to use it on, then theoretically it should be ok for that alt right? I just spent 21K Glory on gear for my lvl 34 CW before they announced the patch notes. If I get to 60 post patch and can't equip the gear, imma have a $H!T Fit! lol
  • healhamstahealhamsta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 572 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    jeepin wrote: »
    So if you buy gear with Glory now, bank it with the alt you are going to use it on, then theoretically it should be ok for that alt right? I just spent 21K Glory on gear for my lvl 34 CW before they announced the patch notes. If I get to 60 post patch and can't equip the gear, imma have a $H!T Fit! lol

You answered your own question.
    Items aren't going to magically return to whoever bought it. That would be silly.
    Delve loot murdered my TR, DC, & GWF. Nerf Plox:
    I know that it sucks to no longer get gear to sell from the Dungeon Delve chest but it was truly overpowered.
  • wintardwintard Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    jeepin wrote: »

I'd assume that you could do that safely. I read somewhere else that stuff that was already bought at the time that BoE goes BoP will be bound to the char that picks it up the first time after patch
  • schulz87schulz87 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I hope they dont BoP GG items, whats the point of doing this when you already got your set?
  • bpskibbenheimsbpskibbenheims Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 210 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    schulz87 wrote: »
    I hope they dont BoP GG items, whats the point of doing this when you already got your set?

The only purpose will be for dailies ... Which are only so rewarding. Farming Dugeons will be the way to make decent AD. Less people will play GG. Ques for GG pvp will be even more boogered up when there are only a handful of people queuing for it total. Going to be more instances of peoples que not popping the whole 30 min.
    "Confusion is the T-Rex of tire faucets."
    -Sir Bartholomew P. Skibbenheims III, Esquire, Twice Removed

steam.php?id=BPSkibbenheims&pngimg=http:%@^%@^www.backfiregaming.net%@^bartswap%@^bartsig.png&tborder=1
  • schulz87schulz87 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    i wont spend that much time on dailies neither lol this BoP on GG items is a joke
  • krumple01krumple01 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The only purpose will be for dailies ... Which are only so rewarding. Farming Dugeons will be the way to make decent AD. Less people will play GG. Ques for GG pvp will be even more boogered up when there are only a handful of people queuing for it total. Going to be more instances of peoples que not popping the whole 30 min.

Why spend an hour and thirty minutes on running something that is so boring it makes work feel like fun? When you can run a CN and even if you get <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> loot you can still make more AD off the total <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> drops with the potential to make hundreds of AD in less time? Then again why should I suggest this? You'll just end up realizing it's true and clog up the AH with CN items I wanted to sell. So go do your crappy gg runs for what is it 8k total AD?
  • bpskibbenheimsbpskibbenheims Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 210 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    krumple01 wrote: »
    Why spend an hour and thirty minutes on running something that is so boring it makes work feel like fun? When you can run a CN and even if you get <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> loot you can still make more AD off the total <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> drops with the potential to make hundreds of AD in less time? Then again why should I suggest this? You'll just end up realizing it's true and clog up the AH with CN items I wanted to sell. So go do your crappy gg runs for what is it 8k total AD?

Are you having a bad day?
    Farming Dugeons will be the way to make decent AD.

You are saying essentially the same thing I already said, but quoting and responding to me as if I am stupid. Please read carefully before you talk that way with adults. You will save face in the future.
    "Confusion is the T-Rex of tire faucets."
    -Sir Bartholomew P. Skibbenheims III, Esquire, Twice Removed

steam.php?id=BPSkibbenheims&pngimg=http:%@^%@^www.backfiregaming.net%@^bartswap%@^bartsig.png&tborder=1