test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Lillith Pet - Character worth putting it on?

ikostusikostus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
edited July 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hey there everyone!

I was looking into the Lillend pet, I really love the way she looks and her rarity intrigues me, I am thinking of buying one for AD!

Now, my question to all of you is, in your opinion, which class would benefit the most from this companion?

Personally, I was thinking GWF, but I'm not really 100% on that yet.

I wish that the companions were account bound, atleast the rare ones.

Thanks for reading, looking forward to reading what you have to say!
Post edited by ikostus on

Comments

• Options
    knarsistknarsist Member Posts: 86
    edited July 2013
    I have one on my TR. Don't do that.
  • Options
    ikostusikostus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yeah I kind of want to assume it would be useless on my Control Wizard too, and obviously a cleric would get extra healings but I'm not the kind of person to play a cleric,

Basically my thoughts are either Guardian Fighter or Great Weapon Fighter, but yeah, I really want to hear what others think,
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    It would be far from useless on a CW. But not much good on a class that won't be able to PvE soon.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    What would the benefits of it be on a CW, I mean like, replacing the tanking pet with Lillend, is it really worth it?
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    ikostus wrote: »
    What would the benefits of it be on a CW, I mean like, replacing the tanking pet with Lillend, is it really worth it?

Well, in theory, you can use CC to get around needing a tank and use Lillend for survivability and to reduce down time. But I haven't played a CW to a high level and I don't have Lillend on my CW, so I'm speculating.
  • Options
    rainen89rainen89 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Other than to heal, I don't know how good the damage boost is. A friend of mine got the lillend after spending a couple hundred dollars to get it, (I still think he's an idiot but what do I know.) Anyway the healing output isn't bad or anything but it dies really easily in heroics it seems, which is why if you want a good pet for a GWF or GF and you want to spend a lot of money you should just get the stone as it's arguably BIS. Granted it looks incredibly awesome, I guess the point of my post is just to say that if you're getting it to get a good pet, then save your money, if you're getting it because you like the aesthetics then by all means. As far as pets go though I still consider it mediocre at best.

(Looks fracking awesome though)
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    In farsight, I LOVE the way this companion looks, I am not anywhere near endgame right now, not really anywhere near it either, I imagine that when the time comes I could always summon the rock (I assume you were talking about the epic one purchased for Zen) when I get to late game, but in the levelling stages, would Lillend to a useful companion in comparison?
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    ikostus wrote: »
    In farsight, I LOVE the way this companion looks, I am not anywhere near endgame right now, not really anywhere near it either, I imagine that when the time comes I could always summon the rock (I assume you were talking about the epic one purchased for Zen) when I get to late game, but in the levelling stages, would Lillend to a useful companion in comparison?

For soloing with a squishy, go with rocky. For grouping, Lillend is very nice.
  • Options
    fathomfulfathomful Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 207 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Ok i suppose. I mean no matter what Lillend gets one shot in any epic dungeons.

They are neat i suppose for in between fight top offs.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    fathomful wrote: »
    Ok i suppose. I mean no matter what Lillend gets one shot in any epic dungeons.

That's a problem with a lot of companions, that's a big advantage of using an ioun stone or critty cat.
  • Options
    infernal667infernal667 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    If you are planing on playing in epic dungeons then forget it. Cat / stone are the only viable pets. Everything else is fluff for showing off in town.
  • Options
    ezaphielezaphiel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 48
    edited July 2013
    Well, despite many people rooting for the AUGMENT pets (ioun stones and cat), i do agree they are awesome. Somehow, I did experience with them, and of course normal pets do serve as a wonderful aggro magnet or a decoy, earning the player precious seconds to throw some AoEs and dash out of the heat of a deadly battle. No matter how buffed you are from the ioun stone/cat, the many fists that land on your face (figuratively) still hurts. I am level 60 now, and i tried the Tomb Spider (awesome), Phoera (awesome), Iounstone/Cat (awesome) and Lillend (awesome). But most pets will died in mobs anyway, but the fact that they draw a potential lethal blow from you does count a great deal, isnt it?