test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Makin a stream of my CW in PVP Pugs

coglovercoglover Member Posts: 97
edited August 2013 in The Library
Im seeing how people play the CW very badly so i decided to stream abit to just show how a CW could kill GWFs, GFs, TRs with ease. Hope you will get inspired by my build and it will be somewhat helpful for my fellow CWs

Keep in mind atm, i got no sound on for now or picture of me.

I do have "full gear" and i know some of you will just say "its because you have p2w gear" which maybe somewhat truth because i got very good gear (i did not pay anything for it though). In the future im planning on making a budget CW build thats fairly cheap and still can own in pvp. For now ull just have to watch me crush pugs.

"NOTE: I only play untill the other team leaves and its a game over, i dont stick around and wait for the 700 points just to win the glory if its a 2v5 game etc. so you will just be seeing action for the most part"

http://www.twitch.tv/vedesole/

Link to the stream and enjoy! (will update and make the stream better as time goes by when i got the time for it)
Post edited by coglover on

Comments

• coglovercoglover Member Posts: 97
    edited July 2013
    Bump, doing some streaming atm, goin live!

Be sure to mark it so you know when im live if you like the show =)

Dont forget to bring ur own music!
    edited July 2013
    Bump, stream up. Tomorrow i will work on improving the stream and adding music and maybe a web cam + sound, will make it funnier to watch =)
  • superm1guelsuperm1guel Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    which gear do you have? and can u post ur build?
  • abacuserabacuser Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Very nice! I was there to try you out too but it didn't go so well for me, hehe.

Would like to have a chat with you in game, if possible? (Du
    edited July 2013
    abacuser wrote: »
    Very nice! I was there to try you out too but it didn't go so well for me, hehe.

Would like to have a chat with you in game, if possible? (Du

It takes some time before you get precise with the avalanche spell, i even have gotten people saying im "abusing shard of avalanche" just because i use it.

I will edit post my gear and feats in a sec and i will also try to upgrade my stream so you guys can hear me talking and maybe even see me =) will be much funnier to watch!

http://postimg.org/image/yewio01y9/full/ = My gear

http://postimg.org/image/h4ty7ih4l/full/ = My feats

Also note that i have stopped upgrading my gear for the moment because i dont play PvE content and dont have any funds left, i just play to have fun for now. My plan is to try make a budget build with armor pen instead of tenes to show that it works just as fine =)

EDIT: People requested to see my powers, i will just tell you which powers to max and are important for both pve and pvp and the rest, u can skill as you please =)

Magic missile MAX
    Chill strike MAX
    Conduit of ice MAX
    Entangling Force MAX
    Arcane Singularity MAX
    Opposing Force MAX
    Repel MAX
    Shield MAX
    Icy Terrain MAX
    Ray of Enfeeblement MAX
    Storm Pillar 1 point or MAX (Just for charging AP)
    Storm Spell MAX
    Ice Knife MAX
    Icy Rays MAX
    Steal time MAX
    Shard of endless avalanche MAX
    Eye of the storm MAX

I use Ice knife/Opposing force as dailies, Shard of endless avalanche on spell mastery and Ice rays, Entangling force and chill strike on encounters. Magic missile and storm pillar on at-will <- for PVP

For PvE (CN etc.) i use Arcane sing/Ice knife, Steal time on spell mastery, icy terrain, shield and entangling force on encounters, same atwill spells. May switch in Ray or repel depending on which bossfight it is
    edited July 2013
    Stream is up, with sound and cam!
  • fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    coglover wrote: »
    I will edit post my gear and feats in a sec and i will also try to upgrade my stream so you guys can hear me talking and maybe even see me =) will be much funnier to watch!

http://postimg.org/image/yewio01y9/full/ = My gear

You fail to mention you run with 7x Greater Tenebrous, which is a shame since your gameplay is otherwise solid.
    edited July 2013
    fondlez wrote: »
    You fail to mention you run with 7x Greater Tenebrous, which is a shame since your gameplay is otherwise solid.

Yeah, i am planning on makin a budget geard CW with armor pen instead since i knew this would come up as a problem to many people.
  • superm1guelsuperm1guel Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    fondlez wrote: »

whats wrong with that?
    edited July 2013
    Stream is up and running! http://www.twitch.tv/Vedesole
  • irk2013irk2013 Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    whats wrong with that?

It gives them a HUGE advantage vs those without meaning it is a video that is gear related and thus not skill or build related. Only people who have lots of money to spend can get 7 Tene's.
  • abacuserabacuser Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    irk2013 wrote: »
    It gives them a HUGE advantage vs those without meaning it is a video that is gear related and thus not skill or build related. Only people who have lots of money to spend can get 7 Tene's.
    Why is it always when someone thinks of something new or shows a play style there is envy? The guy is skilled and has helped me a ton.

I parsed him many times and about 19% of his dmg is from teneb. Question is how much dmg/survivability he would have gotten from adding other enchants? Noticeable am sure.
  • pfft2pfft2 Member Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Why is it always when someone thinks of something new or shows a play style there is envy? The guy is skilled and has helped me a ton.

I parsed him many times and about 19% of his dmg is from teneb. Question is how much dmg/survivability he would have gotten from adding other enchants? Noticeable am sure.

Good question. It'd be interesting to know what the OP's other stats are; if he's low on ArPen, for example, it's possible that might account for most of the overall damage benefit from his tenebrous enchants.

In any case, I agree: we can bemoan the gear imbalances in PvP all we like, but they're not going away, and we certainly shouldn't rain on this guy's parade because of what might be regarded as a flaw in the game's design. It's not like CW is the poster child for PvP uberness right now, anyway.
    edited July 2013
    Stream is up and running!
  • lieutdannlieutdann Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    bump
    Possibly the best CW i've seen in pvp, just saying.
  • zellistazellista Member Posts: 100 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    He is very good at PVP in playing a CW, but the point on 7 greater tenebrous is that it provides a player (any class) an insane amount of burst damage that you would otherwise never get, especially on perma-stealth TRs and on CWs.

On my current GWF and pre-nerf TR, I can dish out WAY more burst damage than my CW can, and all 3 of my characters do not have tenebrous (except x1 lesser tenebrous on my CW). 7 greater tenebrous on a CW with 22k~ hp would give a burst damage of 660*7 = 4620 non-reducible damage every 40(?) seconds. With 28k hp that damage increases to 5880.

So even if tenebrous only makes up to 19%~ of his damage, its the burst that it provides that counts (and 19% is still a lot).
  • splitterxxxsplitterxxx Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    zellista wrote: »
    and 19% is still a lot

no kidding. imagine only having to do 80% of someone's HP to kill them, just because of enchants?
  • copticonecopticone Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013

There is a HUGE difference bettween 19% overall damage increase through stats, and 19% "additional" BURST damage in PvP. There isn't ANY normal enchant that can give anywhere near the burst damage of Tenebs, or enough mitigation to compensate. If each Tenebrous enchant had its own internal CD, and only ONE enchant can proc at a time, I might have said maybe.

I have not watched the stream so I am not commenting or taking away anything from the OP skill wise. I also am not putting down anyone who uses these enchants. While I have a problem with the enchants themselves, I dont have a problem with someone spending money to get them.
    Check out my personal Nerf Proof T2 Thaumaturge Build.