test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Please add "Hide visuals" to shirts and pants

vientorvientor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 80
edited August 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
To be clear I mean the shirts and pants that are worn under your armor. I don't want to run around in underwear (and the armor itself prevents that anyway), but certain armors look better without the unsightly, grungy looking under garments showing below them. Many armors have gaps, or shorter sleeves, that show the garments below, which looks tacky, in many cases. The shirt is a bigger problem than the pants.
Post edited by vientor on

Comments

• Options
    everwindgaleeverwindgale Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 76
    edited July 2013
    While your at it please replace the kinky male leather and spikey gladiator <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> on steroids Champion Control Wizard Armor from GG with something that actualy looks like wizard robes. Seriously, what in the nine hells were you thinking when you designed that one?
  • Options
    zephyrlizephyrli Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    While your at it please replace the kinky male leather and spikey gladiator <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> on steroids Champion Control Wizard Armor from GG with something that actualy looks like wizard robes. Seriously, what in the nine hells were you thinking when you designed that one?

some people might be into that kind of thing ^^ if you dont like it then go reskin it to someting you do like. the options is there for a reason. I've thought the same about hte shirt and pants though, especially for some sexy cleric outfits I'd like to hide the horrible chainmail underneath.
  • Options
    everwindgaleeverwindgale Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 76
    edited July 2013
    zephyrli wrote: »
    some people might be into that kind of thing ^^ if you dont like it then go reskin it to someting you do like. the options is there for a reason. I've thought the same about hte shirt and pants though, especially for some sexy cleric outfits I'd like to hide the horrible chainmail underneath.

The 60K AD per item (4) to transform is cost prohibitive. I just don't have that kind of AD to throw around on cosmetics. I would rather spend my limited AD and gold on things to make my character perform better like higher level enchants.

Conversely I might even be willing to hide my armor so I could see my pants and shirts since there seems to be only insanely priced fashion clothing other than the beginner rags, which I am wearing now.
  • Options
    vientorvientor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 80
    edited July 2013
    The 60K AD per item (4) to transform is cost prohibitive. I just don't have that kind of AD to throw around on cosmetics. I would rather spend my limited AD and gold on things to make my character perform better like higher level enchants.

Well, that would be another of my requests.

Please lower the cost of the appearance changes. There is no need for it to be so ridiculously high for something that you will likely do over and over to keep a certain look. It's not like you are getting a completely cool new look that no one else has. THe pricing is outrages for something so basic.
  • Options
    vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    vientor wrote: »
    To be clear I mean the shirts and pants that are worn under your armor. I don't want to run around in underwear (and the armor itself prevents that anyway), but certain armors look better without the unsightly, grungy looking under garments showing below them. Many armors have gaps, or shorter sleeves, that show the garments below, which looks tacky, in many cases. The shirt is a bigger problem than the pants.

/casts Raise Dead on this thread.

Some of the more obscure armor skins look so much better without having a shirt displayed underneath. Hellfire Armor comes to mind (which for some reason works for transmutation on the preview shard but will not transmute for me on live. Ninja fix?). The Blight Armor for CWs (the mini-boss Xivros wears this skin) also looks ridiculous on male characters wearing a shirt. For that matter, Champion Robes look silly with one arm missing a shoulder pad and showing undershirt.

I can only guess that the lack of ability to hide shirts and pants is simply an oversight or a low priority fix. It certainly can't be for decency's sake since we can instantly strip down to our underwear by leaving the fashion item slots empty :P
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• Options
    whoregutwhoregut Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ^Too much other junk.

I agree. I would like to see at least shirts have a visual hide button. I am so tired of looking like everyone else.

We can't forget, that the game is free. Zen = AD. Dress up takes money.
  • Options
    frakkenstein71frakkenstein71 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Ooor add a lot of fashion items so we dont have to rely on the armor for looks. Easiest may be a system like in LOTRO. Put anything in fashion and you can look like it independent of the armor you are actually wearing.
  • Options
    twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I approve of this idea. It wouldn't be so bad if the leather and cotton shirts and pants weren't so fugly.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    OMG, Tons of new outfits? You mean I can dress up and throw money at my screen?

Why has this not been done?
  • Options
    goddessuniquegoddessunique Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    *****gut wrote: »
    OMG, Tons of new outfits? You mean I can dress up and throw money at my screen?

Why has this not been done?

Forget new zen store fashions, this is Dnd we should be able to MAKE our on stuff. Not the same <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> we get from crafting like everybody else. Everything should be able to be crafted from our weapon to our boots from anything we pick up. Like for instance kill a boss dragon and get lizard skin pelts kill grey wolf boss and get wolf pelts to make furs. So much potential and maybe the dev's will atleast use one of my many suggestions. lol:)
    Queen of Dragon Server
    Goddess Uniique, lvl 60 DC.
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Premium Juicebox, lvl 60 CW.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

There is NO pvp in Neverwinter.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    ^You are right, it is D&D, but it really doesn't act like what I remember playing. Where is the creativity?