test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Elf Ranger on Stag Mount

enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
edited September 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
In case anyone wanted to see. :)

screenshot_2013-07-23-15-47-56_zps831abd07.jpg
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by enderlin50 on

Comments

• Options
    sturmwaffel2sturmwaffel2 Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 219 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Not sure if troll.. =_=

More than likely troll.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I'm pretty sure its an elf not a troll.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    werealchemistwerealchemist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It's interesting either way.
    21.jpg
  • Options
    mutantdemocracymutantdemocracy Member Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Is it me or does that Stag's eye look trippy?
  • Options
    sturmwaffel2sturmwaffel2 Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 219 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    enderlin50 wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure its an elf not a troll.

Ah of course. I didn't have my glasses on =_=
  • Options
    ariella321ariella321 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    That's a really big stag. Was thinking it looks more like an elk... =)
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    ariella321 wrote: »
    That's a really big stag. Was thinking it looks more like an elk... =)

Its got really good detail, and I like the quiver on the back.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Epic!......
  • Options
    tharkantharkan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Not sure if that's a ranger (could be a trickster rogue), but that is definitely a stag mount.
  • Options
    dreamhuntressxdreamhuntressx Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Theyre teasing us... -__-'
    Leanan Sidhe (not "The Dresde Files" fairy!) - NW Legit Channel Moderator
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    tharkan wrote: »
    Not sure if that's a ranger (could be a trickster rogue), but that is definitely a stag mount.

With a quiver?

It's an NPC anyway so it could be any class they want it to be.
  • Options
    lostmarblesherelostmarbleshere Banned Users Posts: 654 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    looks lame. And boring.
  • Options
    soulwhispsoulwhisp Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 161 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Its trolling. This is a questgiver in the new zone right at the entrance on the mimic server / preview shard.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    soulwhisp wrote: »
    Its trolling. This is a questgiver in the new zone right at the entrance on the mimic server / preview shard.

How am I trolling? Its a Elf with a quiver on their back on a stag mount.. TITLE: "Elf Ranger On Stag Mount". I'm pretty sure its not a TR with a quiver. Its just a pic I thought was cool looking.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    nymphhoardernymphhoarder Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It has arrows..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    keaoliankeaolian Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Ok so this is begging for a question:
    I quit playing for a while because I want to play a different class then the limited ones available. Mainly,the Ranger class I kept hearing about. So I finally come back(and its been a while) and I see a elf themed expansion coming but not a peep about the class itself. What have I missed? Because what I remember is people really wanted new classes more then anything. I'm not complaining but its sounds like you guys are dancing around the issue or is this topic of new classes a banned subject?
  • Options
    johnfelljohnfell Banned Users Posts: 408 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    keaolian wrote: »
    Ok so this is begging for a question:
    I quit playing for a while because I want to play a different class then the limited ones available. Mainly,the Ranger class I kept hearing about. So I finally come back(and its been a while) and I see a elf themed expansion coming but not a peep about the class itself. What have I missed? Because what I remember is people really wanted new classes more then anything. I'm not complaining but its sounds like you guys are dancing around the issue or is this topic of new classes a banned subject?

You havent missed anything. No news, or any real info, on new classes, nothing. 2 more races, one that actually costs IRL cash.
    This in a DnD game.

People aren't dancing around it; some people just still have hopes to see new classes before 2014. Considering the amount of classes in 4th edition, it will probably take years for them to implement just a good portion of them, and the 2 "rumored" (Archer Ranger and Scourge Warlock) have no official word of confirmation, really.
  • Options
    kaiserschmarrnkaiserschmarrn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 390
    edited July 2013
    What people found while data-mining were probably just leftovers from the single player days of the game's production cycle. Ranger and Warlock only exist on paper at best.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    What people found while data-mining were probably just leftovers from the single player days of the game's production cycle. Ranger and Warlock only exist on paper at best.

Sadly, yes, probably, but it's basically all we have to go on, and I added "rumored" just to further point out the unsure nature of the potentially coming classes.
  • Options
    edited July 2013

It is a little unnerving to be almost August and we don't have a confirmation on what this new class could be and any real concrete news it will be on this year.

Hearing things like "It was almost ready at launch" would suggest it should have been ready for Module1, and others, "It was 40% done at launch"((which is not almost done..)) means that it could be maybe 60% at best by now.

Id like a lot more dev interaction with this. I don't know if its them or PWE class-blocking us but small news is a lot better then weeks/months without any concrete info. The game has been out at least 85 days(i have that many ardent coins on one character).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    ^ /signed.

Considering how few classes this, a DnD game, launched with, its getting really hard to keep faith when the Devs still haven't made any real announcements, or added classes - not even the Drow race, only talk of two mirrored elves one of wich is for IRL cash. And what they do release is either broken, buggy or Zen Store fluff.

Seriously, just a little open communication would go such a long way. If they just talked to us, answered questions instead of dodging, teasing or brushing people off. Oh well...
  • Options
    xelqyplaxelqypla Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I was planning to try out the new class. I may not get to it.

The Devs at Gazillion are giving a whole new meaning to "Communication" with regards to Marvel Heroes. Aside from the "Dev Blog" stating what is being worked on, they spend quite a bit of time on the forum talking to players. While this undoubtedly takes time away from working on the game, it keeps players in the loop and they are quite grateful for it. I believe players are willing to put up with slower updates in return for communication from the people actually working on the game.

DDO's Enhancement changes are planned for the 19th of August. This is a rather large change that I think will draw more D&D players back to DDO. This isn't going to "kill" Neverwinter by any stretch of the imagination but, Cryptic is going to need to come up with something impressive to launch around that time to slow the leaks from people jumping to DDO/FFXIV Reborn... and no, another cash shop item isn't going to work.

I check the forums every once in a while to see if it's worth coming back but, I don't normally log in/post. It just struck a bad cord when someone has to post a picture of an NPC as some sort of window into a class that is supposed to be "almost ready" because the Devs outright refuse to communicate with their customers.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    ^ If only the right people could read your post, and actually admit that they're sinking their own ship by not listening to their customers. Maybe it's not too late, so... anyone know how to make the Devs listen? :P
  • Options
    pinkfontpinkfont Member Posts: 563 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    tharkan wrote: »

Does your rogue have arrows and a quiver? If so, I'll buy him.
    A rich rogue nowadays is fit company for any gentleman; and the world, my dear, hath not such a contempt for roguery as you imagine. - John HAMSTER
  • Options
    valetudo78valetudo78 Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I think the class was almost done until cryptic realized that the class was completely overpowered and had to redo it.
  • Options
    cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited July 2013
    By the way, the Stag looks even cooler with some updates to the art from what I saw.

EDIT: I don't have any new information about new class or classes at the moment. Sorry.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    By the way, the Stag looks even cooler with some updates to the art from what I saw.

EDIT: I don't have any new information about new class or classes at the moment. Sorry.

So, since June 20th, and the betas before that, up until now (all in all, what, 85 days or so?), you still have no information whatsoever regarding classes you plan on adding to a Dungeons & Dragons game, wich currently has 5 (five) classes, 2 of wich are actually the same class (Fighter, of different builds) making it, in effect, 4 classes? All of wich have only one Paragon Path each, btw.
    How long would you propose we wait until you can give any information of value whatsoever about one of the core issues many players have with the game?
    Would another month of good faith suffice, two? Six months? Should we gladly invest in Feywild packs, after having maybe bought Founder's Packs and Guardian Packs - wich you advertise in your signature - without even knowing what you plan for the game in terms of classes, integral to the very mechanics upon wich we play, and often pay?
    What, to you, would be reasonable? Just so we know what you expect from your customers.

EDIT; Directing this towards you due to the "PW" logo next to your posts, wich makes it directed to PW and the developers, wich I'm told you guys forward information to.
  • Options
    skeerdskeerd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Shadow of "Stag" on the ground w/o riders shadow?
  • Options
    obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Thank you enderlin. Was looking all over for this.
    Looks cool to me. One of the rarest mounts there is, atm.

...wonder if they'll sell a pure white version...
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • Options
    chudovishyechudovishye Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    enderlin50 wrote: »
    In case anyone wanted to see. :)

screenshot_2013-07-23-15-47-56_zps831abd07.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mF9Yn5mgrjY