test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Huh!?!?

mandodo69mandodo69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 6
edited July 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Why does my launcher say "Owlbear"? I know it says "Preview" and "Neverwinter", but wtf is Owlbear? Wait..... wasnt "Owlbear" a shard during beta?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    slayorianslayorian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Owlbear is a creature in the monstrous manual. You didn't know?

Edit: And it's pretty much what it sounds like. And owl mixed with a bear. I bet a quick internet search would come up with a few pics of it.
  • Options
    bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Owlbear is most likely being used to test patches to the game pre-module 1 whilst Module 1 is in testing on the test server, STO has a similar system with Redshirt being used to test updates to the current code whilst Tribble has a Season update on it.
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited July 2013
  • Options
    the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1
    edited July 2013
    slayorian wrote: »
    Owlbear is a creature in the monstrous manual. You didn't know?

Edit: And it's pretty much what it sounds like. And owl mixed with a bear. I bet a quick internet search would come up with a few pics of it.

Pretty much should have just said the word "Moonkin" because since this game is a MMO most people aren't going to know the DnD references in it sadly. That's who we're playing with.
  • Options
    darklock101darklock101 Member Posts: 52
    edited July 2013
    The game could use some owlbears. And landsharks. Maybe a few displacer beasts.
  • Options
    mandodo69mandodo69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 6
    edited July 2013
    bluedarky wrote: »
    Owlbear is most likely being used to test patches to the game pre-module 1 whilst Module 1 is in testing on the test server, STO has a similar system with Redshirt being used to test updates to the current code whilst Tribble has a Season update on it.
    Thank you for a real answer.

FYI people I know what an "Owlbear" is, I wanted to know what the shard was for.
  • Options
    darklock101darklock101 Member Posts: 52
    edited July 2013
    mandodo69 wrote: »

FYI people I know what an "Owlbear" is, I wanted to know what the shard was for.

Yeah, but owlbears are more fun to talk about than servers.
  • Options
    bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited July 2013

No problem, I know a lot of people got confused about RedShirt when that first went live, we should see forums under the Test Server section for Owlbear by the end of next week if they feel they need to put some emergency fixes in before August 22nd.
  • Options
    mok33mok33 Member Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited July 2013

That's exactly what a person who doesn't know what an owlbear is would say. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    eazydzzzeazydzzz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 65
    edited July 2013
    OWLBEAR! hf9234hyfg9-23-gb234`-bgu-34`-g34`