test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

DC or GF

ddtmm2ddtmm2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
edited July 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Perhaps this is the wrong forum...I apologize if it is!

Given everyone's experience, which is harder to find for a group...DC or GF? I have an alt spot and I want to fill it with something useful!
Post edited by ddtmm2 on

Comments

• Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    DC. Reasonable number of GF these days. At least on Beholder.

I'd say the population goes like this:
    CW->TR
    >GWF--->GF->DC

Except in PvP, where it's more like:
    TR->GWF-->CW->GF
    >DC
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I figured that, but I just can't tell from my (very) limited experience at 60 as a CW.
  • Options
    rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    tang56 wrote: »

CW->TR
    >GWF--->GF->DC

TR->GWF-->CW->GF
    >DC

Agree with that observed guesstimation. Rolling a DC just to find more dungeon parties.

Im on Dragon BTW.
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Agree with that observed guesstimation. Rolling a DC just to find more dungeon parties.

I'm one of the few high tier GF's in my guild, so I've no problems there. :P I've heard to many DC horror stories to want to roll one myself.
  • Options
    theblazedtheblazed Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited July 2013

CW->TR
    >GWF--->GF->DC

TR->GWF-->CW->GF
    >DC

Well, for Castle Never, I found it more like this.

TR -> GWF -> GF -> DC -> 4/4 exp CW
  • Options
    abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    In general DCs (esp. new ones) seem to be more abundant than GFs on Mindflayer, but it varies. I play a DC for my main and I find groups easily for quests and dungeons, even when queued (still only level 47 though). Have a new GF but haven't played enough to know how it goes with them, so I'm afraid I can't give you a comparison.
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I'm one of the few high tier GF's in my guild, so I've no problems there. :P I've heard to many DC horror stories to want to roll one myself.

DC horror stories like...?
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    ddtmm2 wrote: »
    DC horror stories like...?

Quaffing enough health potions to fill the dead sea while questing. Needing to party up for many of the zone solo bosses. Generally being painful and slow(even more so than GF) to level.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited July 2013
    There's a fair amount of Guardian Fighters in PvP but I think for PvE Guardian Fighters are under much higher demand except by the more hardcore crowd who run parties such as 2 CW, 2 DC and a Rogue.

If you plan on using the actual queuing system for PvE then I feel like GF's are much lower in supply.

At least on Mindflayer.

I love my Devoted Cleric. I have a blast. Most of the horror stories I hear are based on...well...they're just horror stories which a good Devoted Cleric doesn't really contend with.

Unless you talk PvP. That is a horror story for a cleric now. I literally end up walking out of my spawn area to suicide as a lightning rod for my team unless the enemy team is not coordinated enough to focus the cleric.
  • Options
    korgulltekorgullte Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 95
    edited July 2013
    Yeah lol, my goal as DC in pvp is to hopefully make them waste all their dailies on me and my group can mop em up when they are weaker. The levelling was not so bad but did have some hiccups like mobs respawning before I got the first group down.
  • Options
    ifartedagainifartedagain Member Posts: 69
    edited July 2013
    Roll a GWF...you won't regret it. You're gonna like the way you aoe.

george.jpg
    I love the sweet aroma of my own flatulence. #DontJudgeMe.