test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Need Help with my Build (GWF)

durandurahandurandurahan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2013 in The Militia Barracks
Hello... :D

ok, so Iam a GWF with 11k GS and Iam wearing full Avatar set. Currently I have 0 Armpen and 5 more offense slot to be fill. What Iam asking is, do I need to fill that offense slot with Armpen or Power? I have 4,3k Power right now (w/o stone). FYI, I will fill with rank 7 enchantment, it means about 1k stat

What is the pros and cons if Iam using either Armpen or Power? I need deep explanation. Thank you
Post edited by durandurahan on

Comments

• ioannides5ioannides5 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    You want to socket Armpen. armpen is the highest damage increasing stat, until you reach about 24%. If you've ever played wow, and played a fury warrior in WOTLK, it's similar to how they played. Essentially, fury warriors NEEDED 100% arp, if they didn't, they basically gimped themselves. GWFs, are essentially the same thing in neverwinter, but obviously only need 24% arp, not 100%. P.s. Your constitution is ADDITIVE with your ArP, so you don't even need 24% from the ArP stat; for example, if u have 16 con, that's 6% ArP from your con alone... so u would only need 18% from the stat.
  • durandurahandurandurahan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    ioannides5 wrote: »
    You want to socket Armpen. armpen is the highest damage increasing stat, until you reach about 24%. If you've ever played wow, and played a fury warrior in WOTLK, it's similar to how they played. Essentially, fury warriors NEEDED 100% arp, if they didn't, they basically gimped themselves. GWFs, are essentially the same thing in neverwinter, but obviously only need 24% arp, not 100%. P.s. Your constitution is ADDITIVE with your ArP, so you don't even need 24% from the ArP stat; for example, if u have 16 con, that's 6% ArP from your con alone... so u would only need 18% from the stat.

Thanks for your thoughts. 24% Armpen required more than 2k in stat. Maybe I need to fill my future stone with armpen too. :D

Anyone has different suggestion? Feel free to post. :)
  • ioannides5ioannides5 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Thanks for your thoughts. 24% Armpen required more than 2k in stat. Maybe I need to fill my future stone with armpen too. :D

Anyone has different suggestion? Feel free to post. :)

getting 24% jut from stat, yes this is the case... however, like i said, u don't need 24% from the stat, since your constitution adds to your Armpen. 15 con = 5% arp, 16 con = 6% arp, and so on. Depending on how much constitution you have, you may only need to reach about 1.7k armpen stat.

P.s. even after reaching Armpen cap, it may not be smart to socket power. Recovery will grant you far more dps, to a certain point (2.5k-3kish recovery is a good reach).
  • saintwhatsaintwhat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Here's a screenshot of my current GWF setup, running Destroyer spec. My stone is sort of incomplete at the moment and my rings too but, I plan on getting atleast 6.5k power. When I initially made this char I wasn't really trying to aim for the best or whatnot; hence the Halfling race instead of Half-Orc or Human but, I still do pretty well in dungeon, rarely get outdps by anyone even in CN.

Hope this helps

fj2crkw.png?1
  • lekatronlekatron Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    What kind of weapon and armor enchants is everyone running nowdays?
  • lekatronlekatron Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    saintwhat wrote: »
    Here's a screenshot of my current GWF setup, running Destroyer spec. My stone is sort of incomplete at the moment and my rings too but, I plan on getting atleast 6.5k power. When I initially made this char I wasn't really trying to aim for the best or whatnot; hence the Halfling race instead of Half-Orc or Human but, I still do pretty well in dungeon, rarely get outdps by anyone even in CN.

Hope this helps

fj2crkw.png?1

Ok, I must ask, how do you get 6k Power and hit the cap for ArP?

Did you socket Dark rank7+ into all Offense?
  • saintwhatsaintwhat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    lekatron wrote: »
    Ok, I must ask, how do you get 6k Power and hit the cap for ArP?

Did you socket Dark rank7+ into all Offense?

Most of my ArP comes from my stone, so to answer your question, no I do not have Dark rank 7+ on my gears.
    edited July 2013
    Oh right, keep forgetting about stones. Should get one for my GWF