test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

CW Patch notes NW.5.20130714b.3

velsparwvelsparw Member Posts: 19 Arc User
edited July 2013 in The Library
These changes are coming on the test/preview shard tonight.

Control Wizard

Arcane Singularity now properly takes the caster's Intelligence attribute into account.
Chilling Cloud: The primary target of this power is now properly considered as hit by an AoE for power and proc calculations.
Chilling Cloud: The secondary targets of this power are now properly considered as hit by an At-Will instead of an Encounter for power and proc calculations.
Chilling Cloud: The visual effect on the third hit of this power now more properly represents its area of effect.
Ice Storm: This power can no longer affect targets through walls or doors.
Maelstrom of Chaos: This power can no longer affect targets through walls or doors.
Masterful Arcane Theft: The tooltip of this power has been updated with a more accurate description.
Repel: The Spell Mastery version of this power now properly counts as an AoE for interaction with other powers.
Feat: Alacrity: This feat no longer sometimes appears as though it's applied even when the player does not have the feat.
Feat: Focused Wizardry: This feat now properly applies to all relevant powers.
Feat: Lightning Teleport: This effect is no longer rarely able to trigger multiple times off the same action.
Feat: Malevolent Surge: This feat no longer grants multiple stacks for killing a single target.
Feat: Nightmare Wizardry: The wording of this tooltip has been updated to be clearer.
Feat: Severe Reaction: This effect is no longer rarely able to trigger multiple times off the same action.
Feat: Wizard's Wrath: This feat now properly affects AoE powers.
Post edited by velsparw on

Comments

• Options
    pfft2pfft2 Member Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Interesting. I wonder whether the Focused Wizardry and Wizard's Wrath change affects all powers that hit multiple targets, or whether certain non-DoT AoE powers got added to the affected list. Also I wonder if the FW/WW change carries over to Evocation, and whether the two AoE At-Will Powers (Chilling Cloud and Storm Pillar) are affected by all of the above.

(At-Wills weren't affected by Evocation, as far as I could tell, when I tested it the other day.)

Also interested to see if the new patch will fix the bug with Chilling Cloud that produces near infinite damage when it's combined with Chilling Presence. And the bug with Chilling Cloud and Eye of the Storm. While we're on the subject of Chilling Cloud's glitchiness, is it supposed to proc Elemental Empowerment? I'm guessing the following note is a no:

"Chilling Cloud: The secondary targets of this power are now properly considered as hit by an At-Will instead of an Encounter for power and proc calculations."

Lots of questions. Seems like my decision to spec into Severe Reaction will become a mistake; it seemed a little too good to be true (or too good based on the feat description, which makes Severe Reaction sound absolutely terrible), but I just assumed it was procing on every tick of damage. If it can only proc on a bona-fide attack, then the feat probably won't proc, on average, before the CW dies.

Glad I slacked off on my testing, in any case. :) Downloading the patch now.
  • Options
    lordgrimmwoodlordgrimmwood Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hope this warrants a respec token for us, with all these changes coming.
    tumblr_mm7g22WQog1spm248o1_1280.png

My first Foundry mission, The Valley of Darkness NW-DG9DOTZLU
  • Options
    velsparwvelsparw Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I can understand if copticone goes hopping mad since he respec-ed out of those feats just recently.
  • Options
    v1rus89v1rus89 Member Posts: 83
    edited July 2013
    Cmon still no tiefling tempest magic fix!?!?!? -.-''
    Virus, Enemy Team.