test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Do I ever gonna reach 50% critical chance?

rayzlerrayzler Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
edited July 2013 in The Thieves' Den
Hello, I play a human TR in Dragon shard, and since I decided to respec my scoundrel build to executioner I'm having a hard time to get 50% in critical chance. I've got 3.072 in Critical Strike, but my critical chance is nearly 45,3%. As I can see, my problem is the lack of DEX. Thinking on my future scoundrel build, I ran 18STR, 16DEX and 12CHA, but now I'm executioner I do miss that nice 26DEX end game. And I'm not sure if stacking in critical strike gonna save me, since it's seems to scale pretty bad from beyound 3k. So, I came here today to see if someone might help me to find a soluntion for this, if there is any.

My enchants (all rank 7)
Offense: 4 Armor pen, 1 critical
Defense: 2 Defense
Utility: (Nothing yet)

Weapon enhancement: Plague fire, but changing for vorpal as soon as I put my hands on a couple of Ancients.

lpos.jpg

uwu9.jpg

ci1j.jpg

You might wonder why I decided to respec my build, so here is the answer: Scoundrel was doing fine in PVP, lots of action point gain and base damage. But for PVE, just terrible. Nothing compares to Duelist Flurry + Deadly Momentun from executioner build. And since I play both, I made my decision.

I hope you can help me, I'm not consider to reroll my char, but if there is no other way...so be it.

Best regards,
Rayzler.
Post edited by rayzler on

Comments

• Options
    meeggtoastmeeggtoast Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 159 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    nope you will never hit 50% crit chance. with dex as 22 and 23 when next to fire.

I have exact same stats as you
    On my rogue i have 4.1k crit chance and it doesnt provide enough for me to hit 50%.

Did a dps calculation difference between 5% more overall damage from str vs 5% more dex.
    If rogue has regular vorpal then str comes out ahead, if rogue has greater/perfect vorpal dex rogue will come out ahead. however if t3 daggers come out with better weapon damage comes out dex rogues will have the edge.

tbh once you reach end game the damage difference is neglectable unless you are pursuing the epeen.

Focus getting 3k recovery or 2k recovery if u have swash set.

PiI90LA.png
    Es8BSKK.png
    Nevermore@meeggtoast 12.2 BiS TR
    Lanaya@meeggtoast 13.4 BiS GWF
    Shendelzare@meeggtoast 11.2k CN mule CW

Server: Dragon
    Stream: meeggtoast
    Guide: Meeggtoast's Destroyer Dps Guide
  • Options
    fimcontefimconte Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Critical Strike stacking can still be worth it beyond 3k, if you have a powerful Vorpal.
    But note that with Ancient Dagger Set you will hit ~3.5-3.6k without any crit enchants.

That said, if I would upgrade my enchants, I would use Critical Strike over Power in the slots I would free up.
    While Power offers slightly better sustained damage per rating when crit is 3.5k+, crit is more important in PvP and in PVE the most important thing is to get your Deadly Flurry bleed to crit (it's 60-80% of our dps).

Also I recommend Ancient Necro rings for everyone.
    Trading Power for +HP, in my book that is a good deal.
    They're also dirt cheap.

I'm running with ~26k hp in PVE and never get gibbed at Xivros or Dracolich.
    This is probably a bigger issue for Oceanic/EU players since we get fraked on dodge a lot when server rubberbands us due to latency.
    Fans Glory to the Gladiators,
    Gods Glory to the Heroes.

TR:Anirul Corrino@Fimconte
    GF:Irulan Corrino@Fimconte
  • Options
    pipetstebepipetstebe Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    TRgear.jpg

TRstats1.jpg

TRstats2.jpg

How can I get my Arm Pen/Recovery to 2k?
    Off. Enchants: Dark-Rank 5 (+120 Arm Pen)

And I just got Ioun Stone of Allure-Companion nothing sloted yet
  • Options
    meeggtoastmeeggtoast Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 159 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Rank 8s having 10 rank 8s means 2200 armor pen. blue belt will give u more armor pen and an offensive slot
    Nevermore@meeggtoast 12.2 BiS TR
    Lanaya@meeggtoast 13.4 BiS GWF
    Shendelzare@meeggtoast 11.2k CN mule CW

Server: Dragon
    Stream: meeggtoast
    Guide: Meeggtoast's Destroyer Dps Guide