test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Foundry Exp

cyris21cyris21 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Now before anyone starts flaming the post "just do the quests" I have done the full quest line 3 times on 3 different characters. After the last patch i completely stopped gaining exp from the knocking 50 orges off the side foundries. Has anyone else had this same issue? If so have you found one that you can still gain exp off of. Im so bored and tired of doing the quest line it's so repetitive and honestly the game doesn't get fun until level 60.
Post edited by cyris21 on

Comments

• brotherjohn3brotherjohn3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    wondering the same thing. The quest line after 3 characters is just bull and the removal of the foundry every 2 hours honestly has made the game a chore not a fun game to play. Plus the real game starts at 60. everythign else and i mean everything else before that once you have done it twice is just time sink.
  • zahinderzahinder Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Maybe you shouldn't be doing stupid exploit foundry missions?
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    cyris21 wrote: »
    After the last patch i completely stopped gaining exp from the knocking 50 orges off the side foundries. Has anyone else had this same issue?

This has got to be a lame attempt at humour - surely no-one is so stupid enough to admit on the official forums that they were exploiting.....
  • redneckroninredneckronin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    mconosrep wrote: »
    This has got to be a lame attempt at humour - surely no-one is so stupid enough to admit on the official forums that they were exploiting.....

Don't bet on it. :)

All The Best
    Campaign: Call Of The Wild - Information, Links To Review Threads, Screenshots

Looking For Reviews For Your Foundry Quest?
    Drop By Scribe's Enclave & Meet Up With Volunteer Reviewers.
  • cyris21cyris21 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Surely Cryptic knows what those foundry's were used for since they made it so you couldn't get 60 in an hour from using them (pre-release) and put a cap on how much you could gain. Now just FORCING people to do the same quest line over and over again, if they want to try a new class. Maybe i'll just speed run to 23 and continue to sell profession packs on the auction house for 65k when it's not DD. GG Cryptic
  • wuhsinwuhsin Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    zahinder wrote: »
    Maybe you shouldn't be doing stupid exploit foundry missions?

This. /10 chars.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I cant follow the logic on this.

Playing the missions more then 3 times is dull and boring. But knocking the same ogres off a ledge hundreds, if not, thousands of times is perfectly fine?

If the default quests are boring. There are other options that HAVE to be better then simply pushing the same stupid ogres off the ledge.
  • nephtnepht Member Posts: 5,826 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I remember a time before the age of man when Elves ruled the foundry forums not trolls and exp was plentiful and there was much ganking of ogres. The roads where paved with exp and loot and all was fun. Then the dark lords the self proclaimed Authors cried much rivers of tears about how grinding missions were getting more plays than their elf erp epics.

Thus it came to be our Cryptic overlords did smite the foundry with the mystic hammer of NOFUN and exp was banished from the Realms of Foundry for all of time.
  • faeriestormfaeriestorm Member Posts: 460 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Yeah now there is no point to running foundries at all. they don't give good loot, they don't give exp, and to make them count for the daily they need to be 15 minutes long so it's not even worth running 4 of them at level 60 for the AD reward. Now I have no problem them needing to be 15 minutes long to count for the daily, but They need to give some rewarding reason to run them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • seu1seu1 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yeah now there is no point to running foundries at all. they don't give good loot, they don't give exp, and to make them count for the daily they need to be 15 minutes long so it's not even worth running 4 of them at level 60 for the AD reward. Now I have no problem them needing to be 15 minutes long to count for the daily, but They need to give some rewarding reason to run them.

Yeah, screw the people who play them for the lore and stories... /sarcasm
  • nephtnepht Member Posts: 5,826 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    seu1 wrote: »
    Yeah, screw the people who play them for the lore and stories

Fixed that for you.
    edited July 2013
    seu1 wrote: »
    Yeah, screw the people who play them for the lore and stories... /sarcasm

Lore and story is all very well, those quests used to be fun, but now when I don't even get any loot or exp in those foundries I simply have no desire to play them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2013
    I don't ever want Foundry rewards to be competitive with other venues. People who want to maximize reward vs. time should find that elsewhere.

I DO wish the gap wasn't so immense, though... after doing nothing but foundry for a few weeks, I was absolutely shocked to see how much my bags actually filled up in a regular world quest and a few storyline instances. Wow. Nodes, treasure chests... stuff!

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • cipher9nemocipher9nemo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    cyris21 wrote: »
    Now just FORCING people to do the same quest line over and over again, if they want to try a new class.

Of course no one is forcing you to do anything. You can play a variety of Foundry quests to progress. There's a lot of good ones out there too! And you'll find progression is almost as quick, depending upon the length of the quest. Unfortunately you're not going to get the crafting resources and random chests like you do in regular Cryptic quests/maps.
    cipher_jitn_sig.png
    Hammerfist Clan. Jump into the Night: NW-DMXWRYTAD
  • cyris21cyris21 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Honestly I have found that solo foundries are few and far between. Most of them require minimum of 2 or 3 people. Which is all fine and dandy but the person I started my new char with got fed up with doing the quest line again as well and deleted his char. If you have a good search word to point me to that would be great.
    edited July 2013
    Of course no one is forcing you to do anything. You can play a variety of Foundry quests to progress. There's a lot of good ones out there too! And you'll find progression is almost as quick, depending upon the length of the quest. Unfortunately you're not going to get the crafting resources and random chests like you do in regular Cryptic quests/maps.

You get absolutely no exp from killing stuff in foundries. You get a pittance not worth your time for finishing them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • raath13raath13 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'm surprised at some of the comments coming from the foundry authors. After all, you're the one making quests that require fighting on small ledges and cliffs, and seem to have no issues with your mobs knocking us off the ledges/cliffs repeatedly....yet if a player does the same it's a exploit?

As far as the not getting any xp for it tho, I have no issue with that. I think the leveling in this game is way too fast as it is.
    edited July 2013
    Raath, that's a load.

Knocking an ogre off a ledge is fine. Nobody's commenting on that.

'50 ogres on a ledge' is an exploit (and based on actual missions that clearly are designed for that express purpose)

• cipher9nemocipher9nemo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    raath13 wrote: »
    I'm surprised at some of the comments coming from the foundry authors. After all, you're the one making quests that require fighting on small ledges and cliffs, and seem to have no issues with your mobs knocking us off the ledges/cliffs repeatedly....yet if a player does the same it's a exploit?

It sounds like you're talking to Foundry authors who intentionally make those exploit maps. I don't think anywhere here is guilty of that.

For me personally I have no way to stop that in my quest unless I put invisible walls around every single area, which would not only bleed my maps dry of details but also make the jumping focus of my map pretty pathetic.

Target the exploit map makers instead of all Foundry authors next time in your statements. :)
    cipher_jitn_sig.png
    Hammerfist Clan. Jump into the Night: NW-DMXWRYTAD