test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Transfer Companion to Alt on Same Account?

vattaravattara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 279 Arc User
edited October 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Will it ever be possible to transfer a companion from one character to an Alt on the same account?
I leveled up my Blue Skeleton Dog to 25 for my CW. I would like to retire this character but keep the Blue Skeleton Dog.

I've read that there is an unbind function that currently isn't working but even if it was, it doesn't sound like what I'd need.
Post edited by vattara on

Comments

• Options
    thelastdarknessthelastdarkness Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Well Unbind worked in beta, no idea why they turned it off on launch. But basicaly your supposed to Unbind it then mail it to your account or trade/sell with other players.

Personaly id like it better if they just bound to your account instead of too a single character. Sorta like how the unlock companions already do.
  • Options
    vrtesseractvrtesseract Member Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    last I heard they are working on the unbind

I think they defiantly need more account bound things,
    they need account banks

and they need to make a fashion item tab/mount tab so we can buy more big ticket items without feeling starved for inventory

raising account value will encourage people to buy char slots and 60$ packs rather than just make a lot of alternate accounts.
  • Options
    jaelithejaelithe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 99
    edited July 2013
    >raising account value will encourage people to buy char slots and 60$ packs rather than just make a lot of alternate accounts.<

Character slots perhaps - for $2.50 each. The $60 packs provide a mount and a companion for every character you have so binding isn't an issue for those.
  • Options
    seu1seu1 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The implements of the unbind system are all there, it just doesn't work right now, It will even tell you how much AD you will need to unbind the comp, but when you do, nothing happens. They are working on it...slowly.
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Well Unbind worked in beta, no idea why they turned it off on launch. But basicaly your supposed to Unbind it then mail it to your account or trade/sell with other players.

Personaly id like it better if they just bound to your account instead of too a single character. Sorta like how the unlock companions already do.

There's no way to avoid the "well, duh" part of the reaction to this, sorry :)

However, think about it.. if you're mothballing a character because it has been nerfed to the point of uselessness care of PvP whiners, and you choose to pass on a decent-quality companion.. then PWE will make less money. Can't have that, people need to buy a new one for every character.
  • Options
    vattaravattara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 279 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Thanks for the replies. The Blue Skeleton Dog is a special companion that I'd like to preserve.

I didn't dive into the $60 pack as this is my first ever MMO and didn't know if I would enjoy the genre
    To that end I have invested enough for extra character slots and a Zen store Mount that is usable by all characters.
    Wish I had bought the Mount sooner and would recommend doing so to others

I enjoy NW very much but will wait for the following before I invest any more cash

- more Skirmish choice at Lv 60
    - adjustment to Profession and Invocation Experience gain so that said actions don't cause character to out level Skirmishes and Dungeons
    - better Skirmish system so that players aren't out leveling and missing sections of the main game
    - same as above for Dungeons so that out leveled players can use some kind of Queue system
    - "fixes" for existing Feats
    - ranged class
  • Options
    parp12parp12 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    kattefjaes wrote: »
    There's no way to avoid the "well, duh" part of the reaction to this, sorry :)
    Considering the first post said "I've read that there is an unbind function" you shouldn't "well, duh" based on the fact that you knew something. Perhaps you're one of the people that get angry at new players for not knowing various things you've learned over time, but instead of educating them you just call them noobs and rage quit.
  • Options
    baddumtssbaddumtss Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Well Unbind worked in beta, no idea why they turned it off on launch.
    Clearly cash-grab.
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    parp12 wrote: »
    Considering the first post said "I've read that there is an unbind function" you shouldn't "well, duh" based on the fact that you knew something. Perhaps you're one of the people that get angry at new players for not knowing various things you've learned over time, but instead of educating them you just call them noobs and rage quit.

No, I am one of the people who isn't entirely ignorant of human nature. Businesses, and Perfect World Entertainment is one of these, are far less likely to correct errors which are manifestly in their favour. PWE is particularly rapacious, and there are a lot of little "features" like this in NW which subtly channel users into spending more money than on the face of it, they should need to. They're less than honest sometimes, and it becomes quite obvious quite early on.

I'm sorry that pointing this out makes you ranty. Maybe that's a little telling, however.
    baddumtss wrote: »
    Clearly cash-grab.

Occam's razor seems to indicate that you're bang on the money :)
  • Options
    dirtyhookdirtyhook Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    just spend 500 zen/165k AD on 2 more character slots and keep the character. Maybe be able to trade the dog at a later date. (probably for even more AD)
  • Options
    teal123teal123 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    baddumtss wrote: »
    Clearly cash-grab.

This is really annoying since I have a character I no longer wish to play but has an awesome companion. You know obvious cash grabs like this and the total lack of any consideration to the player makes me not want to play MMOs like this anymore. I wonder if this really makes them money or just angers players who then quit playing and are a complete lost revenue stream. There is a lot of competition out there and disrespecting your player is not a winning strategy.
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    WHOA! 14 month old dead thread necroed , surely some kind of forum record , give the guy a prize !
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    teal123 wrote: »
    This is really annoying since I have a character I no longer wish to play but has an awesome companion. You know obvious cash grabs like this and the total lack of any consideration to the player makes me not want to play MMOs like this anymore. I wonder if this really makes them money or just angers players who then quit playing and are a complete lost revenue stream. There is a lot of competition out there and disrespecting your player is not a winning strategy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mG3iUfsLefY

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • Options
    fusionawesomefusionawesome Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    jorifice1 wrote: »

kill it! Kill it with fire!