test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

what is the best gear for a pvp guardian fighter?

korlamaqkorlamaq Member Posts: 71
edited July 2013 in The Militia Barracks
i am still new to this game and only got 60 a few days ago :)
i bought the glory set and got a shield from some t1 dungeon but the other stuff is usually heavy tanking stuff mostly without any power or very low power and no crit at all :P
so can anyone direct me to a certain set which is best for pvp as a guardian? that would be great :)
Post edited by korlamaq on

Comments

• Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This is what you are looking for:

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?339732-How-to-build-a-Decent-60-GF-on-a-budget!-For-those-who-just-hit-60

But you really should ask class specific questions in the correct forums in future ;)
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    okaythenmeman (**** thing wont let me just type ok as an answer) :P
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    that site links mostly to blue stuff though :) i am already wearing some epic glory gear atm
  • Options
    silveralucardsilveralucard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 410 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    check guide test yourself current discussion will be stalwart vs timeless, depending on build both are equaly good
    Everything works out in the end . If it hasn't worked out yet, it isn't the end...
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    korlamaq wrote: »
    that site links mostly to blue stuff though :) i am already wearing some epic glory gear atm

The reason is because those 'blues' may have better stats for PvP stats than the Glory gear. There is a discussion about it in the linked thread.

But if you are rich then look at discussion here:

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?166451-Envy-s-DPS-Guardian-Fighter-compendium
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    korlamaq wrote: »
    Sad thing is that the equipment in that guide is still better then the PvP sets for GF. As already mentioned either Timeless or Stalwart for BIS PvP gear.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    true that :D whats funny is that the shield is better than most of the lvl 60 stuff and its for lvl 49 xD
  • Options
    abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    check guide test yourself current discussion will be stalwart vs timeless, depending on build both are equaly good

I actually feel both those sets are sorta overated for PvP. If one set it is then High Generals because of better overall stats, Regeneration which is a huge stat to stack and arm pen bonus. I personally mix High generals with knights capt 2 pc for 2 set bonuses for arm pen. So 850 arm pen to me with all the stats and regen > then timeless, stalwart. Guess it depends on what you want to do though.

If timeless or stalwarts was better then I would wear them. They are not.
  • Options
    dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    korlamaq - There is no "Best" just different builds depending on your play style and team comp or solo play.

I run a very expensive Tank/Regen build with mid grade dmg (STAL Regen: 36k HP, 28% deflect, 9.6% Regen, 11.4k Power) Build only achievable with STAL Set.

Guildmate runs Timeless with Rank 8/9 Savages with P.Vorpal hits like a truck.

Fast Movement + High HP & G-Tene's - T2 PvP with 5 G-Tene's & 35+K HP. Hit like a truck with Procs and crazy movement speed.

All builds work great and can pretty much destroy players but are all expensive. If you are looking for a cheap build/set then get the Blue Light Special build and save up for rank 8 Enchants and once your pockets get deep you can start to look at other builds.
  • Options
    dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Also keep in mind that Stal set has Regen & timeless does not.

Regen stacking is great for high HP builds.

Timeless because of the CRT works great with Vorpal Enchants.
  • Options
    balstromebalstrome Member Posts: 32
    edited July 2013
    dkcandy wrote: »
    I run a very expensive Tank/Regen build with mid grade dmg (STAL Regen: 36k HP, 28% deflect, 9.6% Regen, 11.4k Power) Build only achievable with STAL Set.

Guildmate runs Timeless with Rank 8/9 Savages with P.Vorpal hits like a truck.

Fast Movement + High HP & G-Tene's - T2 PvP with 5 G-Tene's & 35+K HP. Hit like a truck with Procs and crazy movement speed.

I suppose that a translation or proper English would too much to ask for. Sure EVERYONE knows what you are talking about, right? Except those who know not to ask what you are talking about, because they will get the responses detailed below.
  • Options
    fimcontefimconte Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    balstrome wrote: »
    I suppose that a translation or proper English would too much to ask for. Sure EVERYONE knows what you are talking about, right? Except those who know not to ask what you are talking about, because they will get the responses detailed below.

If you've levelled a Guardian fighter to 60 and have made enough AD to buy the sets he's talking about you should be able to easily understand what he's talking about.

But I'll break it down for you:

He runs a very expensive Regeneration and high defensive stats based build that does average damage.
    His stats are ~36k health points, 28% deflect chance, 9.6% health regeneration, 11.4k Power.

This build is only possible thanks to the four piece bonus of Stalwart Bulwark Armor set.

A Guildmate of his uses Timeless Hero armor set with rank 8 (+100 Critical Strike and +100 Armor Penetration Rating) or rank 9 (+120 Crit / +120 ArP) Savage enchantments and a Perfect Vorpal Weapon Enchantment.

Another possible build revolves around using the tier 2 PvP armor (Indomitable Champion Armor set) that has a 4pc bonus that increases movement speed and guard meter.

The set also features extra HP on the Armor, which, combined with high constitution can allow a GF to reach 35k+ Health Points.

This, combined with five Greater Tenebrous Enchantments offers good burst damage and the extra movement speed from the set bonus provides excellent mobility.

If something was still unclear, please do not hesitate to ask.
    Fans Glory to the Gladiators,
    Gods Glory to the Heroes.

TR:Anirul Corrino@Fimconte
    GF:Irulan Corrino@Fimconte
  • Options
    ocdonlineocdonline Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Searched for Tenebrous enchants on the Auction House. No Greater ones, one regular for 4,000,000 AD and a few Lesser starting at 300,000 AD (each). Are these prices normal?
  • Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Tenny's can only be found in Nightmare Lock Boxes. Nightmare Lock Boxes are opened by Keys. Keys cost Zen, which are purchased with real money or AD converted to Zen. The laws of supply and demand kick in. If less people are spending money to buy keys, less chests are opened, less Tenebrous enchantments are found. Those that are found are probably used, which means very few find their way to the AH. Because there are so few Tenebrous enchantments, the prices can be set insanely high.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    ocdonlineocdonline Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Thanks for the info - didn't know that Nightmare Lock Boxes were the only source of Tenebrous enchants.

Wondering what the options are for those who can't afford Tenebrous enchants. I think ayroux's guide ( How-to-build-a-Decent-60-GF-on-a-budget!-For-those-who-just-hit-60 ) suggested Lesser Plague Fire - or if those aren't affordable I guess the only option would be to (eventually) fuse purple versions of standard enchants.
  • Options
    trollgretrollgre Member Posts: 297
    edited July 2013
    dont buy blue items if you will use your GF as your main character

the best are
    stalwart = defense deflect regen gives high power
    timeless = recov and crit (has lower defense and deflect than stalwart)