test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

CW immune to Daze?

hurk97hurk97 Member Posts: 154 Bounty Hunter
edited July 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I have been L60 for 2 days now but in the PvP match I just had I encountered a player who was immune to my smoke bomb daze. Had 0 effect on him all 4 times i dropped it right next to him.

How is that? Is there a CW skill that lets you be immune to negative effects?
Post edited by hurk97 on

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2013
    Hmm, nobody in these forums is experienced enough to know if he is cheating or legit?
  • Options
    steampunkysteampunky Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Or, you know, the thread has only been on the forums for twenty minutes and it might take a while for someone with the answer to see it.

-Rachel-
    Great Weapon Fighter tanks? Who are you kidding? Cleric tanks. They draw -all- the aggro.
  • Options
    watchyourbackwatchyourback Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hurk97 wrote: »
    Hmm, nobody in these forums is experienced enough to know if he is cheating or legit?

well bro you will have to wait longer than 18 minutes for somebody to come along that has noticed this to see your post. be patient man.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    steampunky wrote: »
    Or, you know, the thread has only been on the forums for twenty minutes and it might take a while for someone with the answer to see it.

-Rachel-

Glad to see fellow noobs are interested in this thread.
  • Options
    zefsgrzefsgr Member Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    To me atleast I have been dazed every time a rogue used smoke bomb. Not sure if there is a potion/buff or feast that makes you immune.
  • Options
    vee7272vee7272 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    What is the difference between daze and stun?
    Gregg Silverkin, TR on Mindflayer

Guild: Rising Star
  • Options
    pinkstinkpinkstink Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    vee7272 wrote: »
    What is the difference between daze and stun?
    When you are dazed you can move but can't cast abilities. When stunned you just have to sit there and take it.
  • Options
    kerrovitarrakerrovitarra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 559 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    CW can dodge you smoke bomb.
  • Options
    runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    hurk97 wrote: »
    I have been L60 for 2 days now but in the PvP match I just had I encountered a player who was immune to my smoke bomb daze. Had 0 effect on him all 4 times i dropped it right next to him.

How is that? Is there a CW skill that lets you be immune to negative effects?

Did they teleport out of the area of effect right as you used smoke bomb? A few times (because of lag I'm guessing) I see the immune notice pop up to stuff like that if I happen to be trying to teleport right as it hits. Never heard of anything that makes you actually immune to it though.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • Options
    apehceapehce Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Also, Maelstrom of Chaos.
  • Options
    honoraryorangehonoraryorange Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Most likely they were teleporting out as the effect hit.

I run into this a lot when I'm playing my GWF too - I'll use my knockdown right as they teleport. The damage hits but they end up immune to the actual knockdown, same with my stun sometimes. Just a timing issue usually.