test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverember Guard -- Anyone tried him?

imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
edited July 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
The latest companion addition to the Zen store, the Neveremeber Guard, is a tank. Capped at rank 25, sadly. Has anyone tried him out, especially at max level? How does it compare to Galeb Duhr when it comes to holding aggro? Is he capable of AoE tanking?

I'm not necessarily eager to buy single-character companions, but it may make foundry adventuring at 60 a little less twitchy for my wizard(s).
Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
Post edited by imivo on

Comments

• vaeledrinvaeledrin Member Posts: 147 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    You should buy a cat. That is the only companion you're allowed to have, imivo.

Don't ruin my image of you or I will destroy you.
  • pzzdachupzzdachu Member Posts: 398 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There is some logic to Vaeledrin's suggestion Imivo. I am not sure why he feels the way he does, but there is a sound base for his suggestion.:D
    Allow me to introduce myself, I am P'zzd Achu.
  • imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    vaeledrin wrote: »
    You should buy a cat. That is the only companion you're allowed to have, imivo. Don't ruin my image of you or I will destroy you.

I have a cat! Actually, I have THREE frelling cats! My two wizards have one each, and I actually got one for my GF, too. :p (A friend of mine only had one comment when I mentioned it. She said, "...".)

It's for solo content, really. I would prefer not to spend $20 just to find out that he's not only not a cat, but also sucks like a non-cat.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm kicking around the idea, I don't subscribe to the notion that "0mGzorz n e thing but Kat sUx0rz" My priest in LOMD tells me otherwise as does my cleric in the Neverwinter grave yard on my alt. I was really hopping they would have come out with a ranged class for a companion like a Archer ranger by now.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • istianisistianis Member Posts: 29
    edited May 2013
    it is just yet another tank.

I got a healer that occasionally does 25 damage(vs my many k`s of damage) and heals once in a while for 400 or so. Probably cause she is lvl 15 instead of 30???? dont know
  • tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just want a killer bunny. ;)

He's probably not too bad, though when i've leveled my companions, i can tell a difference between a 25 max and a 30 max, but not nearly as much as a 15 max and a 30 max. Especially in running solo foundries it's not as noticeable. Epic dungeons though, that's where you see the non-30s are more fragile. I'm sure you know it's also how you kit them out with gear though too, the better gear the better they perform.
  • raithwynraithwyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Galeb=lose. His taunt is on a 2min cool down. I hate this companion.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    IIRC, the Neverember Guard has the exact same powers and slots as the Man at Arms, except he's a blue-quality companion and can be leveled up to 25.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    raithwyn wrote: »
    Galeb=lose. His taunt is on a 2min cool down. I hate this companion.

So your first act on the forums here is to rapid fire 5 necro bumps on 5 dead topics. all with similar subjects. just to bash the tank pets. Really bored or troll failure?
  • vyldorvyldor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Companions are meh in this game.