test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Guaranteed way to stop shortcut/exploits in dungeons

goddessuniquegoddessunique Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Since most mobs randomly drop lockboxes, why not make lvl 60+ mobs drop keys? This will force people to play the full content and kill every single mob in the dungeons instead of just skipping to the boss. Any problems with this suggestion?:)
Queen of Dragon Server
Goddess Uniique, lvl 60 DC.
PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
*******, lvl 60 TR.
Premium Juicebox, lvl 60 CW.
Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

There is NO pvp in Neverwinter.
Post edited by goddessunique on

Comments

• Options
    suxip01111suxip01111 Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Any problems with this suggestion?:)

Yes, it'll never happen because it would eat into zen store profits.

You're on the right track though, making level 60 dungeon mobs drop something that's actually useful would go some way to helping.
  • Options
    cichardcichard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    My suggestion is to make loot from trash mobs player specific... so the loot you see on the ground is for you and you alone. So no more rolling for enchants and things like that. It would be a better way for people to be able to farm enchants and i think more people would kill more mobs in the instance. now boss loot is still rolled for.
  • Options
    dootudootu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 58
    edited July 2013
    The PWE business model is a Elite lvl 100 boss that has dined out many a time. The only way to kill it is to starve it by leaving it's gaming area.
  • Options
    brendan03usbrendan03us Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    They really need to redesign some of the maps to fix it I think, together with rethinking dungeon design in general to not be about so many trash and adds and to be more about interesting boss fights. Hard to do, however, at this point in terms of the amount of work required.

As a poster said above, they won't be letting keys drop like that because that directly impacts the zen store.
  • Options
    nick1sternnick1stern Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 330 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Key drops random and rare is a great Idea.
    Lotro has lock boxes based on your level and area you are farming in.
    They alos implimented Key drops to open those boxes.
    The key that drops opens any lockbox so you can save them for
    higher level boxes or use them to open ower level for your alts.

They are a very rare drop and still abble to purchase with Turbine Points
    it has not hurt thier sales at all actually the opposit from what we have heard.
    When you get something good people are encouraged to buy more to
    try again and again knowing you can get it free makes a differance.
  • Options
    chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited July 2013
    They could make enchanted key drop like 1% people would be more enthusiastic to kill all the mobs in a dungeon.
  • Options
    kimberixkimberix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    They could make enchanted key drop like 1% people would be more enthusiastic to kill all the mobs in a dungeon.

Whilst I agree with the sentiments of this thread, I don't think that PWE will offer something that they sell for real dollars (keys) as an incentive for players to do something they won't make money out of (clearing trash).
  • Options
    chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited July 2013
    Actually it would be in their best interest to keep the players around as long as possible. No players = dead game. In fact studies show a game with low population will continue to lose players no matter how cheap the cash shop is or how much they give out freebies. Maintaining a healthy population is paramount in these types of games where the conversion rate (from free players to paying players) is lower than 10-15%
  • Options
    pelkastpelkast Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Disable jumping on dungeons, easy fix.
  • Options
    nick1sternnick1stern Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 330 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    kimberix wrote: »
    Whilst I agree with the sentiments of this thread, I don't think that PWE will offer something that they sell for real dollars (keys) as an incentive for players to do something they won't make money out of (clearing trash).

Oher games do and make a profit.
    Anything that is as important as an enchanted key should have a rare drop chance in game.
    Knowing it is possible to earn the rare Item keeps people interested and playing.
    Keeping it rare still results in sales of the item in the store.
    Lotro sells sturdy steel keys for thier dropped Lootboxes and it has not had a
    negative affect on Key sales.
  • Options
    brendan03usbrendan03us Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    They've had this system in STO for some time for lockboxes there as well. I'm guessing that if they thought it wouldn't hurt their profit margin they would have had keys drop there, too, since they have had this for some time and are well aware of what Turbine does in LOTRO -- but they haven't decided to do that, I'd guess, because they sell a lot of keys.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    They've had this system in STO for some time for lockboxes there as well. I'm guessing that if they thought it wouldn't hurt their profit margin they would have had keys drop there, too, since they have had this for some time and are well aware of what Turbine does in LOTRO -- but they haven't decided to do that, I'd guess, because they sell a lot of keys.

I actually think it has more to do with age/maturity of the game and the devs way of thinking.
    I bet in time as more ask for the idea and support the idea it may happen just as it did in LOTRO.
    This is a new fremum as is STO compared to lotro and others.
    Will it happen immedietly No it will not, will it happen eventualy...
    very possible as there is much evidence that a reasonable balance in
    supporting the player base vs. supporting the bottom line does work in a fremium model.
  • Options
    infernal667infernal667 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Would only work if the reward of killing the adds is high enough.

During DD a group can do Templs of the Spider 4 times with the usual fast route. That totals 32 purples.

If killing all adds normally results in double the time needed for a playthrough that would be 16 purples + X.

So basically in this case the adds must drop an equivalent of 16 purples to break even. But if they did that people would just farm the adds day and night. Any less and its back to 4 fast runs.

Thats what you get for making such boring content.