test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

GF gap closers do something really weird sometimes...

korlamaqkorlamaq Member Posts: 71
edited July 2013 in The Militia Barracks
when i use them my gf sometimes charges forward but only half of the distance and then he goes back to where he was... this happens a lot and cost me a kill or my life more than once and it is really starting to <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> me off... any idea if i can fix this somehow? is this a known bug?
Post edited by korlamaq on

Comments

• Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Lag. /10char
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    derpaderpistderpaderpist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    tang56 wrote: »
    Lag. /10char

It's not lag , it;'s the same issue Warriors had in WoW before one major patch that fixed the collision issues .

The pathing should be fixed as in if you use some kind of gap closer when in range you should get to your target regardless of what happened in the next 0.5 secs after .
    " We live in an age of the cheaply made, disposable, high priced junk. " - theunwarshed
  • Options
    abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    It's not lag , it;'s the same issue Warriors had in WoW before one major patch that fixed the collision issues .

The pathing should be fixed as in if you use some kind of gap closer when in range you should get to your target regardless of what happened in the next 0.5 secs after .

Bingo.. charge was broke in WoW forever till they fixed it to where it always followed and landed which is how its supposed to be. Same needs to happen here as of now its just broke. If I click lunging strike but you click blink to the other side of the moon my lunging strike is supposed to bring me right ontop of you. Right now its bugged and just starts the animations then stops over and over again which is frustrating.
  • Options
    derpaderpistderpaderpist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Bingo.. charge was broke in WoW forever till they fixed it to where it always followed and landed which is how its supposed to be. Same needs to happen here as of now its just broke. If I click lunging strike but you click blink to the other side of the moon my lunging strike is supposed to bring me right ontop of you. Right now its bugged and just starts the animations then stops over and over again which is frustrating.

The differance is here we have dodge mechanic , BUT if the target does not perform his dodge on time the GF should get his animation completed resulting in landing a hit.
    " We live in an age of the cheaply made, disposable, high priced junk. " - theunwarshed
  • Options
    malekrothmalekroth Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    There is no difference here, you either dodge before the charge, or after. If you dodge before, the animation shouldnt start. If you dodged after you should get hit and then dodge.
  • Options
    ujavcadujavcad Member Posts: 48
    edited July 2013
    it does not always happen though, I lunged to a TR right when he used deft strike and I followed him to the place where he teleported
    it seems to usually happen when the target is almost out of reach, there is a little delay I assume..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This happens all the time with me if I attempt to spam Threatening Rush and the target keeps moving just out of range. It's quite frustrating and basically makes it so that Lunging Strike is the only viable gap closer in most situations.
  • Options
    trollgretrollgre Member Posts: 297
    edited July 2013
    server side
    if youre going to use dash/blinking skills make sure he's inside your skills range but not on the farthest range

on the server your target is still moving/running away from you so if you use skill at its max ranged the server will just calcilate it like youre just moving or your skill did not hit

also if your connection to server is slow/lag it will cause you to backtrack