test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Now available: Ghost Companion!

sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2013 in News & Announcements
Check out the new Ghost Companion in the Neverwinter Zen Market! http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=890251
Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
Post edited by sominator on

Comments

• Options
    silvereldunarisilvereldunari Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Possessing bosses would be good too xD
  • Options
    imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    If I died I would posses the programmers over at Cryptic and force them to fix the CW feats instead of adding trash like this to the game , nobody in their right mind will use this anyways what with augmentation pets like the cat , stone etc -_-
  • Options
    savagedeaconsavagedeacon Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Can I buy it with ghost money?
  • Options
    arcmoon99arcmoon99 Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    imsmithy wrote: »
    If I died I would posses the programmers over at Cryptic and force them to fix the CW feats instead of adding trash like this to the game , nobody in their right mind will use this anyways what with augmentation pets like the cat , stone etc -_-

I'm in my right mind and I would use it. It's a very cool flashy companion and I would use it just for the looks of it out of combat and in combat.
    Arc, proud officer of Novus Ordo
    bannernwf_zps00ed5b05.jpg
    New to the game? Check out my build guide to give you an idea on how to set up your characters!
  • Options
    jacksoonjacksoon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Do as you wont, if i see a comp different from a ioun or a cat i kick that player or i left the party. I don't like party whit **** luring pet -..-
  • Options
    silvereldunarisilvereldunari Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I think you guys should do a little searching, the is an old companion, it was on one of the beta weeks, they didn't lose time adding it to the game, no much at least
  • Options
    umaekoumaeko Member Posts: 845 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Fun little video! :D

The Ghost companion always appealed to me, though I remember people reporting that she was rather underpowered and didn't productively use her abilities as much as she ought to. I'll be waiting to hear from the guys trying her out before contemplating buying her myself.

Also, she always seemed kind of too tall to be a "halfling ghost".
  • Options
    savagefistsavagefist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Is it that hard to post the level this companion maxes out at? This would be good information to list in the Zen Market.
    Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit
    GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 AM3+
    AMD FX-6300 6-Core Processor
    G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3 1600
    Intel 335 Series Jay Crest 240GB
    3 x TOSHIBA PH3300U-1I72 3TB
    XFX Core Edition FX-785A-CNL4 Radeon HD 7850 2GB
  • Options
    crinaya1crinaya1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    savagefist wrote: »
    Is it that hard to post the level this companion maxes out at? This would be good information to list in the Zen Market.

All purple max at 30.
    All blue max at 25.
    All green max at 20.
    All white max at 15.

The ghost is blue quality.
  • Options
    zulisvelzulisvel Member Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    $20 for another blue quality companion that is yet again per character?

Lol, nope.
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    There is one problem with the article. It says the ghost has 3 powers when it actually only has 2 powers. I'm assuming that Cloying Touch is for the purple version of the ghost when upgraded with a tome. Since that is currently not possible, it really shouldn't be listed as it is misleading.
  • Options
    savagefistsavagefist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    crinaya1 wrote: »
    All purple max at 30.
    All blue max at 25.
    All green max at 20.
    All white max at 15.

The ghost is blue quality.

Thank you for providing that info. :)
    Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit
    GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 AM3+
    AMD FX-6300 6-Core Processor
    G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3 1600
    Intel 335 Series Jay Crest 240GB
    3 x TOSHIBA PH3300U-1I72 3TB
    XFX Core Edition FX-785A-CNL4 Radeon HD 7850 2GB
  • Options
    doogie74doogie74 Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    zulisvel wrote: »
    $20 for another blue quality companion that is yet again per character?

Lol, nope.

My understanding is companions are account unlocks.

Edit: I just logged in I was wrong they are single purchase. Guess I want be buying a companion.
  • Options
    milkbonedogmilkbonedog Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Has anyone tried the Ghost companion yet? Is it at least useful? I know it won't be replacing the stone in end game, just wondering if it has any value at all or is it just another money sink with no return. I still have not seen anyone using it.
  • Options
    drizztmagnusdrizztmagnus Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    how come companions from the store aren't account bound. $20.00 per-character? How does that seem right? I have 4 character slots waiting for new race ( not Moon elf) and waiting for a new class. I have a 10.5k tr and a lvl 15 CW I would have bought the pet if it was account bound. So I would have a nice pet that "I paid for" at the start of an alt, when I make one. Could just be me, but I think Pets should be account bound or dropped in price. Also I bought $60.00 worth of Profession boxes. Only thing I got was 1 Dragon egg...should have bought 3 companions >.< so mad at myself, but I really wanted that epic healing pet it's very nice looking.
  • Options
    smurfjokerzsmurfjokerz Member Posts: 21
    edited July 2013
    Yea it makes no sense that the companions arent account wide when the mounts are.
  • Options
    chudovishyechudovishye Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    imsmithy wrote: »

Exactly, **** the ghost. How about some much-needed fixes to critical aspects of play? Stop trying to make money, and start trying to satisfy your player base overall, which will actually lead you to MORE money in the long term.
  • Options
    fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Exactly, **** the ghost. How about some much-needed fixes to critical aspects of play? Stop trying to make money, and start trying to satisfy your player base overall, which will actually lead you to MORE money in the long term.

Yup. I haven't put any money into NW yet, but was planning on purchasing the feywild pack. Unfortunately with the rogue changes I don't think I will be putting any money in here. :(. A eunuch rogue riding a unicorn holds no appeal.
  • Options
    gataochii70gataochii70 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I bought one, and she seems to use her possession quite a bit at lvl 17 ( and rising). It's funny watching her take control and go after something...the only time I switch her out is for the Lillend in parties, and that's for her group heal.
  • Options
    prosper0theoneprosper0theone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 85
    edited July 2013
    Save your words lads, they don't care, all they care about is money. That is why companions are not account bound, only character bound. How many times have I asked them to transfer the item / companion to my other char prior to deletion, so 20 EURO doesn't go to waste?

Their reply:

"We're sorry, we cannot do that." - of course they can, but they don't want to. I've been a GM many times, I know how easy it is for a GM to transfer the item to your other character.

In fact, the option is in the game, worked in Alpha, now doesn't work and the reason is obvious.

These companions / item prices are absurd. A mount should cost max. 10 EURO, not 35, that's insanely expensive for one item.

Yet they tell you, that the game is free. Bull....
  • Options
    milkbonedogmilkbonedog Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I finally got one from a guy for a trade and I used it on the Preview Server. It is definitely the most interesting companion I used. If it came out before I leveled my cleric to 60 I probably would keep it. It will be useless in endgame because the stone is way better. I don't really think I will use it to level any other class because I think a cleric would be more useful and I get a free green one on all my characters.

I used a Galub when I leveled my cleric. I do so hate the Zen store prices, but I have to say that little ******* can take some damage and really helps if you can heal yourself. I would say the Galub and the Ghost are about equal because they both can take one mob out of the fight. If the Galub could agro more than one mob it would be awesome. As it stands, I can't really recommend either pet because I heard the crappy Man-at-Arms is better at tanking multiple mobs (even though it dies quicker).
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    As it stands, I can't really recommend either pet because I heard the crappy Man-at-Arms is better at tanking multiple mobs (even though it dies quicker).

Agreed. I use it on my healer, best companion. If you'd want to try something else, try the Wererat Thief. It does knockback, which is a lifesaver. Also does poisoning damage over time.
  • Options
    rpsaucerpsauce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This game ****ing sucks! This games system and ****ing queuing system sucks <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>!
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    rpsauce wrote: »
    This game ****ing sucks! This games system and ****ing queuing system sucks <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>!

And you know what they'll do? Introduce a new companion.
  • Options
    calvin1tagcalvin1tag Member Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The ghost much like all of the companions is broken and a waste of time and money. Once you hit 60 you may well go solo unless you have the stone of the cat everything else is a joke. The GHOST at max level can still only "possess" the weakest of monsters and they usually take the one that your attacking and have virtually killed so it's nearly dead anyways. Once they have possessed it they usually just stand around but may attack once or twice doing next to nothing before they die in their already weakened state. Additionally for a "floating' companion they will and do hit every floor trap in the game which still damages them somehow despite they are floating above the ground and a "spirit" they are absolute garbage save your money. I was hoping this companion would be able to pull aggro and cause chaos in boss fights etc... by possessing one of the mobs in the huge add swarm they have in every T1 T2 boss in the game as they can't figure out how to make a boss fight hard with out endless overpowered adds apparently however the ghost is useless in this regards and fails across the board as a companion to do anything - this one goes on the same list as every other "broken" and "useless" companion in the game other then the Stone or Cat!
  • Options
    don1bong2don1bong2 Banned Users Posts: 36
    edited August 2013
    seriously.. Banned for sharing a quest that i assumed was allowed to be shared. pathetic.. you can delete the post or ban the account you wont silence the gaming community!!